• 396,050 Topics
• 22,370 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Finebaum says Luke > Morris  (Read 10799 times)

Bacon_Bitz

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Finebaum says Luke > Morris
« on: April 09, 2018, 12:20:21 pm »

Saw where Finebaum was on a Bama radio station raving about Luke.  He was asked if he had to pick buying stock in Matt Luke or Chad Morris over the next five years, who would he pick, and he said Luke.  Said he has concerns about our program and what can be done here.

Franchise_Hog

Re: Finebaum says Luke > Morris
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 12:23:03 pm »

Well he's full of **** too...so there

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Athog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 12:32:23 pm »

Actually he said he had no concerns of Morris but of the program overall.

rljjr

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 12:36:03 pm »

Which I would like him to explain.

Our program is in seemingly great shape with coaches and administrators. Our program, when compared to OM, didn't go through months of scrutiny for all kinds of alleged payments, etc. Our program has alway beaten their program (despite their recruiting cheating) at least 3 consecutive games now.

Al Boarland

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 12:37:33 pm »

What doesnít he get? We can be decent in a great conference.

galactivation

• Senior
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 12:38:05 pm »

that's pretty funny. Nothing new. Media want to paint us as poor ol arky. stuck between fertile big 12 & sec recruiting grounds & left with the scraps.

all about recruiting. We shall see. but i certainly like our program better than Ole Miss

hobhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 12:38:54 pm »

He has said we don't belong in SEC before too. He cowers to whatever state he is in....

RyanMallettsEgo

• See if you can guess...what I am now
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:39:08 pm »

that's pretty funny. Nothing new. Media want to paint us as poor ol arky. stuck between fertile big 12 & sec recruiting grounds & left with the scraps.

all about recruiting.
We shall see. but i certainly like our program better than Ole Miss

If that's the case you may not wanna check out 247's team rankings right now. Their average may not be overly impressive, but they're still sitting at #1.

HoopS

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 12:39:12 pm »

Petrino recently proved it can be done here. I donít buy that crap.

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 12:43:40 pm »

Concerns with the program because Bret brainwashed everyone into believing that 6-6 is good. The new coaches seem to be polar opposites and have provided new found hope. I know that's pretty standard with a change, but it's evident. The University of Arkansas has everything necessary to win in the SEC consistently. Ole Miss may recruit better currently, holdover from old staff, but they still lose on the field. Matt Luke is easy to root for if you're with Ole Piss. He's a homegrown guy, interim promoted to HC, underdog after OM had become more relevant due to recruiting as well as negative headlines. CM is a helluva lot better coach though. The Hogs may not get back to 9/10 win season for awhile due to the SEC being killer and the usual suspects having a stronghold, coupled with the downward trend we're currently in along with a complete change in systems. But if I'm placing a bet, I'd put more into CCM being more successful than Matt friggin Luke, rose colored glasses or not.

HF#1

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 01:22:17 pm »

Whatever Pawl

Al Boarland

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 01:23:18 pm »

Concerns with the program because Bret brainwashed everyone into believing that 6-6 is good. The new coaches seem to be polar opposites and have provided new found hope. I know that's pretty standard with a change, but it's evident. The University of Arkansas has everything necessary to win in the SEC consistently. Ole Miss may recruit better currently, holdover from old staff, but they still lose on the field. Matt Luke is easy to root for if you're with Ole Piss. He's a homegrown guy, interim promoted to HC, underdog after OM had become more relevant due to recruiting as well as negative headlines. CM is a helluva lot better coach though. The Hogs may not get back to 9/10 win season for awhile due to the SEC being killer and the usual suspects having a stronghold, coupled with the downward trend we're currently in along with a complete change in systems. But if I'm placing a bet, I'd put more into CCM being more successful than Matt friggin Luke, rose colored glasses or not.

Everything, but an apparent recruiting disadvantage.

Busta_Nutt

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 01:24:20 pm »

What doesnít he get? We can be decent in a great conference.

I'd rather be great in a decent conference.

HogCzar1

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 01:25:04 pm »

Saw where Finebaum was on a Bama radio station raving about Luke.  He was asked if he had to pick buying stock in Matt Luke or Chad Morris over the next five years, who would he pick, and he said Luke.  Said he has concerns about our program and what can be done here.

Might want to keep this prediction handy and remind folks of it in about 3 years.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 01:29:38 pm »

He has been forever down on Razorback football.

Nashville Fan

• Welcome to next year!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 01:30:49 pm »

He has concerns about AR because of a lazy coach but has no concerns about a program who can't win unless they cheat? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

GoHogzzGo

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 01:38:30 pm »

If that's the case you may not wanna check out 247's team rankings right now. Their average may not be overly impressive, but they're still sitting at #1.

With that average, heíll likely finish 30th or worse given how previous classes have rated out.

Thatíll put them around 12th in the SEC. Nothing good there, and a spot we will be trying very hard to beat this year as well. Need most of these in state kids to stay home, that will make or break this recruiting class.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 01:38:47 pm »

Finebaum is clueless.

Arkansas holds a 35-28-1 all-time advantage vs. Ole Miss (if you take Ole Missís view of the numbers).  The advantage is 16-10 in SEC games.  We have won 12 of the last 17 games and are on a 4-game winning streak in the middle of the worst slump in 70 years as a program.

As of January 14, 2018, the AP ranks Arkansas number 19 in greatest college football programs of all time. Ole Miss is 24.

Arkansasís football facilities are superior to Ole Miss in every respect.  Arkansasís athletic program in general is far superior to Ole Miss. Arkansas is a better academic institution than Ole Miss.

If you want to win the party, go to Ole Miss. If you want to win the game, go to Arkansas.

Hog Pharm

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 01:43:09 pm »

Matt Luke lost to us last year. That should say something. What exactly has Luke proven that would inspire so much confidence?

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 01:50:07 pm »

Like all the media minions they bought into drinking boys BS.  How many media guys said that bert 'made their job easier, he's a great guy' and when he was being pushed out they howled like cheap whore with $5.

They all hated BP and they don't care if the hogs are winning they get paid the same either way.  So when your arse is rubbed by the HC you push that HC.

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 01:55:56 pm »

Matt Luke lost to us last year. That should say something. What exactly has Luke proven that would inspire so much confidence?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2018/4/9/17215148/ole-miss-football-recruiting-rankings-2019-college

Paul

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 02:09:40 pm »

He has said we don't belong in SEC before too. He cowers to whatever state he is in....
he's a fluffer

East TN HAWG

• Hogville.net
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 02:11:47 pm »

We are all looking at this through rose colored glasses.  Between Luke and Morris, Morris is the least known to the SEC outside of AR.  Their HC records are similar and neither have shown sustained track record of success as a college HC.  Neither have any sort of recruiting success as a HC.  To the rest of the SEC, its basically a wash. 

The SEC does not yet see that CCM has brought in nearly 1,000 HS coaches.  The SEC does not know that we have more 4*+ recruits mentioning us than ever before.  They don't see the upgrades in staff overall.  They don't know that the state of Arkansas is about to produce a banner year of HS talent which the Hogs should take advantage of as a whole. 

The fans on this board are much more in tune with the Razorback program than talking heads of the SEC.  These talking heads really don't know much.  They don't look past the surface.  Best advice is to ignore them.   

HF#1

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 02:14:05 pm »

Luke inherited a lot more talent. Talent that was already paid for.

Busta_Nutt

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 02:24:39 pm »

Finebaum is clueless.

Arkansas holds a 35-28-1 all-time advantage vs. Ole Miss (if you take Ole Missís view of the numbers).  The advantage is 16-10 in SEC games.  We have won 12 of the last 17 games and are on a 4-game winning streak in the middle of the worst slump in 70 years as a program.

As of January 14, 2018, the AP ranks Arkansas number 19 in greatest college football programs of all time. Ole Miss is 24.

Arkansasís football facilities are superior to Ole Miss in every respect.  Arkansasís athletic program in general is far superior to Ole Miss. Arkansas is a better academic institution than Ole Miss.

If you want to win the party, go to Ole Miss. If you want to win the game, go to Arkansas.

BUT, Ole Miss claims 3 National Championships ('59, '60, '62). Ole Miss has a .649 win percentage in bowl games (24-13; good for 10th all-time). Ole Miss has 22 NFL First Round draft picks (Arkansas has 21). Ole Miss has five (5) weeks as the No. 1 team in the nation (Arkansas has 1). Don't you think these stats matter too?

Bobby Bobo

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 02:25:41 pm »

shock jock

imtad16

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 02:29:11 pm »

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2018/4/9/17215148/ole-miss-football-recruiting-rankings-2019-college

There class is nearly full though. They have 15 commits and are restricted a couple more scholarships from their penalties so they probably are not far from done. They have 3 4-stars and 12 3-stars so that is on track to finish anywhere from 10th to 12th in the conference and 30th to 40th nationally.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 02:31:36 pm »

There class is nearly full though. They have 15 commits and are restricted a couple more scholarships from their penalties so they probably are not far from done. They have 3 4-stars and 12 3-stars so that is on track to finish anywhere from 10th to 12th in the conference and 30th to 40th nationally.

Yeah, I agree. Very much so quantity over quality at this point.

Still, imagine this board if we had the #1 spot in recruiting rankings, no matter the time of year or who was committed.

jkstock04

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 02:32:49 pm »

He was a Bielema homer, at least at the beginning. Itís very unfortunate, but this is now an outside perception (some within probably believe it to).

Bielema is an amazing coach and if he couldnít get it done here nobody can type of deal.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 02:34:52 pm »

BUT, Ole Miss claims 3 National Championships ('59, '60, '62). Ole Miss has a .649 win percentage in bowl games (24-13; good for 10th all-time). Ole Miss has 22 NFL First Round draft picks (Arkansas has 21). Ole Miss has five (5) weeks as the No. 1 team in the nation (Arkansas has 1). Don't you think these stats matter too?

No.

Busta_Nutt

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 02:39:30 pm »

Al Boarland

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 02:41:39 pm »

The SEC does not yet see that CCM has brought in nearly 1,000 HS coaches.  The SEC does not know that we have more 4*+ recruits mentioning us than ever before.  They don't see the upgrades in staff overall.  They don't know that the state of Arkansas is about to produce a banner year of HS talent which the Hogs should take advantage of as a whole. 

All that information is readily available to anyone with the internet.  It just doesn't mean anything until it does. 

steveaustin69

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 02:45:19 pm »

Finebaum is clueless.

Pot meet kettle.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 02:49:08 pm »

And he lost after being up by, what, 24 points? At home.

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 02:51:02 pm »

Bielema beat Freeze/Luke four in a row. Why am I supposed to suddenly believe that is going to change? I usually like Paul, but this is a freezing cold take (no pun intended). We will more than likely improve from Bielema under Morris. Can't wait to make it 5 in a row vs the Grovers. Remember the old "fear the thumb" shirts the Auburn fans made up when Tuberville went on that big run against Shula about 10 years ago? This year, Ole Miss and Matt Luke need to be fearing that thumb.

Mike Irwin

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 02:55:06 pm »

I get the attraction of the SEC. More money. Stronger conference. Better attendance. Better TV exposure. But damn I hate this snotty league. Twenty five years in the SEC and Arkansas is still treated like an outsider. It's not just Finebaum. Fans of other teams dismiss Arkansas. The media does it. The league office does it.

I wish the Big 12 would get its act together. Tell Texas they are going to have to be a part of the league, not run it. Drop the Longhorn Network and convert it to the Big 12 Network. Arkansas would be a better fit there. It would be easier for fans to travel. Plus, with the exception of the Longhorns, most of those places were fairly friendly toward our fans in the SWC days.

Maybe it's just me but from the first year in 92  I've always had the impression that the SEC looks down its nose at Arkansas.

Busta_Nutt

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 02:57:17 pm »

I get the attraction of the SEC. More money. Stronger conference. Better attendance. Better TV exposure. But damn I hate this snotty league. Twenty five years in the SEC and Arkansas is still treated like an outsider. It's not just Finebaum. Fans of other teams dismiss Arkansas. The media does it. The league office does it.

I wish the Big 12 would get its act together. Tell Texas they are going to have to be a part of the league, not run it. Drop the Longhorn Network and convert it to the Big 12 Network. Arkansas would be a better fit there. It would be easier for fans to travel. Plus, with the exception of the Longhorns, most of those places were fairly friendly toward our fans in the SWC days.

Maybe it's just me but from the first year in 92  I've always had the impression that the SEC looks down its nose at Arkansas.

Welcome aboard the pirate ship, Mike! Glad to have you.

steveaustin69

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 02:58:21 pm »

I am sure we can expect many logical and level headed responses to this. Good post, Mike.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 02:58:55 pm »

Does the sec look down at South Carolina

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 03:00:18 pm »

Sign me up yesterday.

wildturkey8

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 03:07:04 pm »

Actually, I like what Finebaum said, don't agree.  Hope it lights a fire on the hill.

rinds

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2018, 03:07:51 pm »

No, That was before Ole Miss had to play Mississippi State sense then they have been going down hill. That will not change now or in the future.

Busta_Nutt

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 03:10:56 pm »

No, That was before Ole Miss had to play Mississippi State sense then they have been going down hill. That will not change now or in the future.

What in the Sam Hill are you talking about, you dummy?

Mike Irwin

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2018, 03:12:54 pm »

Does the sec look down at South Carolina
Not that I've seen. I remember a poll that was taken by the Atlanta Journal Constitution a year or so after Arkansas and South Carolina joined the league. There were a number of questions but one of them was, What SEC football program is least likely to win the league in the next decade? Arkansas was dead last. At that time South Carolina had no history of success. You could not even compare the history of those two football programs. Plus those folks were indicating that Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt also played better football than Arkansas. Arkansas may not be in the top half of the league in wins over the last 25 years. I haven't checked. But I know but they damn sure are not last.

jkstock04

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2018, 03:28:19 pm »

The past 6 years running have not helped. What I canít stand is the pat on the head patronizing stuff. When it comes from Mizzou fans thatís about as low as it gets.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2018, 03:29:04 pm »

TDHawgs

• Hogvillian
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2018, 03:42:58 pm »

I think the reason that most media and fans outside of Arkansas don't respect Arkansas is because we really haven't done much since we've been in the SEC.  The only way to get respect is to earn it, and hopefully someday we will, but in this league it's not gonna be easy. Again, hoping that Morris and new staff can turn things around.

Hawghiggs

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2018, 03:46:00 pm »

Couldn't agree with you any more.  We need to build a modern version of the SWC.

Hollywood_HOGan45

• Hollywood could coach better than nutt.
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2018, 03:49:28 pm »

I don't know if Morris will have success here (I think he will eventually) but Im not at all convinced Luke is any better.
Luke lost to our worst team of the SEC era. That same team that set a record for 20 point blowout losses.

I think Arkansas is one of those programs that just will have to do extraordinary things to get noticed and NOT choke in big games at home. Petino had Arkansas in the top 5 before he screwed the pooch. Pawl,and others,  must not remember that. He didn't even have to cheat. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas