• 396,168 Topics
• 22,374 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coach Tru  (Read 3629 times)

Hogindasticks

Coach Tru
« on: April 07, 2018, 03:59:21 pm »

The fitness level of the team has improved tremendously....Thanks to Coach Tru and staff...keep it coming!  The Auburn game i am watching now really shows how well the Hogs are doing there.

Al Boarland

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Coach Tru
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 04:02:49 pm »

How? Iím seeing bigger and faster guys on AUís spring game. However, their O is struggling.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hawg1221

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 04:05:44 pm »

The fitness level of the team has improved tremendously....Thanks to Coach Tru and staff...keep it coming!  The Auburn game i am watching now really shows how well the Hogs are doing there.

Okay, you also said in another thread that you can see much improvement. So how much better do you really think we'll be?

twistitup

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 04:10:02 pm »

Have we had time to see tremendous improvements? I'm on board w the new coaches, but c'mon - they just got here.

Hogindasticks

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 04:02:44 pm »

Have we had time to see tremendous improvements? I'm on board w the new coaches, but c'mon - they just got here.
  Thats even better...because the team was in better physical condition yesterday. 

Hogindasticks

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 04:06:30 pm »

Okay, you also said in another thread that you can see much improvement. So how much better do you really think we'll be?
Once you stack this conditioning and work in for a couple of years with the introduction of faster and bigger athletes...it will get ugly....look at the pro combine this year...Coach Morris had one of the best receivers in the whole combine from SMU...dude was a monster.....cant wait to see these types of players coming to Arkansas.

RebelW

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 04:47:49 pm »

Auburn have been in good shape for several seasons in a row. This is our first spring of the right kind of conditioning. Y'all need to give it time. They will lose more weight by game day and will be faster. We need more Elite speed don't get me wrong but yesterday is not what we will look like September 1st

rhames

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 05:18:49 pm »

How? Iím seeing bigger and faster guys on AUís spring game. However, their O is struggling.

Guys may be a little lighter but no way are they too much different than from November.

Hou-Hog

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 05:52:51 pm »

Guys may be a little lighter but no way are they too much different than from November.
From a weight lifting perspective, I agree.  From an endurance and muscle twitch perspective 5 months is plenty of time to see significant results.

rhames

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 05:56:19 pm »

From a weight lifting perspective, I agree.  From an endurance and muscle twitch perspective 5 months is plenty of time to see significant results.

Sure but it hasn't been five months. I don't think they could implement any kind of nutrition or training program until after winter break. I could be wrong.

Al Boarland

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 06:15:57 pm »

Sure but it hasn't been five months. I don't think they could implement any kind of nutrition or training program until after winter break. I could be wrong.

The proof will be in the pudding when there is another team on the field.

jgphillips3

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Life is too short for bad beer.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 06:19:23 pm »

Itís going to take 2-3 years to see what they are building truly take hold, but weíll see flashes this season.

rhames

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 06:23:46 pm »

Bret is gone.......so hopefully a lot less pudding.

rhames

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 06:24:08 pm »

Itís going to take 2-3 years to see what they are building truly take hold, but weíll see flashes this season.

I agree with this.

twistitup

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 07:41:43 pm »

Bret is gone.......so hopefully a lot less pudding.

But...we could serve pudding at the concession stands. A little pudding can be refreshing.

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 07:46:35 pm »

Will not take 2-3 years. Speed will have to be recruited but the strength and conditioning will pay off this year. The lineman will be in better shape they will be better athletes just on weight loss and conditioning. You can make huge improvement in a short time with 18-19 year old athletes.

kodiakisland

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 07:50:21 pm »

Isn't that what we've said every time we get a new S&C coach?  how about we give them a couple of years and see.

twistitup

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 08:12:12 pm »

Isn't that what we've said every time we get a new S&C coach?  how about we give them a couple of years and see.

You are suffering from PTBD too? Bielema made me hesitant to believe anything I hear - just want to see improvement on the field.

jgphillips3

• Life is too short for bad beer.
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 08:22:41 pm »

Will not take 2-3 years. Speed will have to be recruited but the strength and conditioning will pay off this year. The lineman will be in better shape they will be better athletes just on weight loss and conditioning. You can make huge improvement in a short time with 18-19 year old athletes.

Iím not saying it will take 2-3 years to win.  It usually takes 3 years to have your team set.  See Petrino in years 1, 2 & 3 for a similar reference point.

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 08:24:01 pm »

The results at the NFL combine show that Herbert was not a good S&C coach.
Don't think we could have done worse. Nutts staff was way better when it comes to lineman.

I am pumped about this guy. He will be an improvement I have no doubt about that. But he need talent to work with. It dang sure won't take 2-3 year to see the results. Kids can put on 15-20 lbs of muscle or lose 20 in months not years.

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 08:25:17 pm »

Iím not saying it will take 2-3 years to win.  It usually takes 3 years to have your team set.  See Petrino in years 1, 2 & 3 for a similar reference point.

I agree. It will take time he has to recruit more talent. But a great S&C coach can make a huge difference in  a short time. More time he can make more difference.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 10:17:26 pm »

Well, generally speaking, it is almost always true. However, a lot of that has more to do with the excitement of a new staff than than the actual prowess of the staff itself. Bring in anybody new for basically any reason and you'll see the work ethic of the players increase.

Arazorbackguy1

• Alive!
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 10:26:37 pm »

Think theyíll serve pudding at the concession stand this season?

King Kong

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 08:31:16 am »

Or that the previous staff was terrible at recruiting. Even the greatest cook sucks with bad ingredients.

texas tush hog

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 10:18:08 am »

Don't think we could have done worse. Nutts staff was way better when it comes to lineman.

I am pumped about this guy. He will be an improvement I have no doubt about that. But he need talent to work with. It dang sure won't take 2-3 year to see the results. Kids can put on 15-20 lbs of muscle or lose 20 in months not years.

There is one single point of reference in S&C that says it all, and that is my good friend, the late John Stucky. The reason Nutt's teams were so successful goes back to Don Decker, whom John told me was one of his most outstanding students along with Kirk Woolfolk and Rob Glass. When John left Okahoma State in 1987 to come to Arkansas he left Glass behind, who is still there. Rob Glass continued the Stucky legacy with a young assistant by the name of Trumaine Carroll. He is now bringing that legacy to Fayetteville. IMHO oppinion Ben Herbert was as worthless as tits on a boar hog(pun intended) with his Mr Universe before and after body builder pictures. Our teams overall during the Bielema era were weak and slow. Hopefully with coach Tru this will change exponentially. It may not show against Alabama this first year but the rent a wins should not cost us any embarrassing upsets like Toledo Rutgersand  Texas Tech. We should win the ooc games at home and split our home conference games and no Coastal Carolina embarrasments. 8-4 is totally not out of question. Hang on to your hog hats and enjoy the ride. I'm getting excited.

PorkRinds

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 10:31:36 am »

There is one single point of reference in S&C that says it all, and that is my good friend, the late John Stucky. The reason Nutt's teams were so successful goes back to Don Decker, whom John told me was one of his most outstanding students along with Kirk Woolfolk and Rob Glass. When John left Okahoma State in 1987 to come to Arkansas he left Glass behind, who is still there. Rob Glass continued the Stucky legacy with a young assistant by the name of Trumaine Carroll. He is now bringing that legacy to Fayetteville. IMHO oppinion Ben Herbert was as worthless as tits on a boar hog(pun intended) with his Mr Universe before and after body builder pictures. Our teams overall during the Bielema era were weak and slow. Hopefully with coach Tru this will change exponentially. It may not show against Alabama this first year but the rent a wins should not cost us any embarrassing upsets like Toledo Rutgersand  Texas Tech. We should win the ooc games at home and split our home conference games and no Coastal Carolina embarrasments. 8-4 is totally not out of question. Hang on to your hog hats and enjoy the ride. I'm getting excited.

Michigan hired a worthless strength coach? If you say so.

texas tush hog

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 10:53:20 am »

Let's wait and see.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:07:30 am by texas tush hog »

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 12:06:10 pm »

Isn't the HC still in charge of the S&C coach?  In regards to Herbert if he wasn't getting it done would it not then have fallen on the HC to either motivate, guide the S&C coach into getting it done or replace him?  Also doesn't the S&C coach still have to follow or be guided by the HC's desires and principals when it comes to what the HC wants to see in terms of strength and or conditioning?  Just like coordinator hires the coordinators may have their own philosophies or specialties but in the end they have to adapt to or follow what the HC ultimately wants.

PorkRinds

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 12:12:33 pm »

Isn't the HC still in charge of the S&C coach?  In regards to Herbert if he wasn't getting it done would it not then have fallen on the HC to either motivate, guide the S&C coach into getting it done or replace him?  Also doesn't the S&C coach still have to follow or be guided by the HC's desires and principals when it comes to what the HC wants to see in terms of strength and or conditioning?  Just like coordinator hires the coordinators may have their own philosophies or specialties but in the end they have to adapt to or follow what the HC ultimately wants.

It seems to me CBB directed Herbert to bulk guys up, which he did. Turns out that was a terrible strategy. Itís a bit like a commercial builder. If the architect tells them to build it, they build it. If it turns out to be a terrible idea, itís the architectís fault.

twistitup

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 12:16:47 pm »

You've always been a big fan of Herbert....why?  What impressed you to the point of taking up for him on a message board?

azhog10

• Razorback Basketball on the rise!
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 07:44:06 pm »

Maybe not, but we have seen Tru-mendous improvements.

twistitup

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 08:04:52 pm »

Maybe not, but we have seen Tru-mendous improvements.

Tru Tru

ballinhog

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 03:36:52 am »

Johnny Gibson is the one that caught my eye, looked like heís lost a lot of weight

ballinhog

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 03:44:48 am »

Someone needs to tell coach Tru weíre supoosed to have at least 4 foot injuries right now. If he canít keep up with the quota then he gots to go 😂

Flrazrback

• Varsity
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 02:10:11 am »

Herbert conditioned our players according to what Bret asked him for. Coach Tru is shaping our guys to play in Coach Morris' scheme. Both Conditioning Coaches did a good job with our players.. Coach Tru really connects well with the players, really like how our guys have transformed.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2018, 08:46:36 am »

I agree but are these athletes good enough to win against other SEC athletes?  I hope so.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 08:49:05 am »

Herbert conditioned our players according to what Bret asked him for. Coach Tru is shaping our guys to play in Coach Morris' scheme. Both Conditioning Coaches did a good job with our players.. Coach Tru really connects well with the players, really like how our guys have transformed.

I agree. Herb just did what the big dog wanted.  It worked at Wisconsin but not here. Starts by bringing in the right talent!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas