• 396,168 Topics
• 22,374 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hyatt will beat out of everybody come fall  (Read 9207 times)

PorkRinds

Re: Hyatt will beat out of everybody come fall
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2018, 12:09:26 pm »

Noland or Jones......since Noland had offers from Alabama...i would think he would be the primary target.....

So did Storey.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2018, 12:11:26 pm »

Wishbone, man, frikkin wishbone!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

rljjr

« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2018, 12:18:22 pm »

All I know is this coach will play the player who gives us the best opportunity to win.

Paul

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2018, 12:52:06 pm »

All I know is this coach will play the player he thinks who gives us the best opportunity to win.
  FIFY

hobhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2018, 12:53:25 pm »

The kid certainly stood out speed wise. He raised a few eyebrows.

Pigsknuckles

• When you least expect it...
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2018, 02:23:34 pm »

Define "silky smooth"

Payne Stewart

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2018, 02:42:20 pm »

I think it is up for grabs completely.  These QBs here now will have no significant edge with regard to the system and in fact, the freshmen may even have the edge there since their high schools run that system.  The only edge the current QBs will have is that of maturity.

So, if a freshman comes in and is clearly better or even almost as good with more upside, he is probably going to get the nod.  There just won’t be any compelling reasons not to throw him out there.

Soooie21

• Hogville.net
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2018, 07:43:05 am »

John Stephen Jones, could come in right now, and run the offense better than anyone on campus...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:01:17 am by Soooie21 »

steveaustin69

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2018, 07:57:34 am »

John Paul Jones, could come in right now, and run the offense better than anyone on campus...

I think Paul Tudor Jones' father and Admiral John Paul Jones passed away a number of years ago. I'd agree; a ghost can probably do things no quarterback on campus can do.

Soooie21

• Hogville.net
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2018, 08:01:50 am »

Corrected,,,Stephen Jones..morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet..

nwahogfan1

« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2018, 08:41:24 am »

Hear me out here. Morris doesn't mind playing freshmen, and I think Morris played more underclassmen than a majority of the country. The guy can move, he's got a quick trigger arm and he's silky smooth. With all QB's learning the playbook at the same time he has a chance to win this job in the fall!

I did not see what I wanted to see from our so called 2 starters but Hyatt 2 passes did not give me hope either.

Busta_Nutt

« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2018, 09:39:02 am »

Corrected,,,Stephen Jones..morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet..

I, for one, forgive you. You seem to be a proud American, which makes this snafu easily forgivable.

Soooie21

• Hogville.net
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2018, 10:26:39 am »

I, for one, forgive you. You seem to be a proud American, which makes this snafu easily forgivable.
Thank you sir..

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2018, 10:49:48 am »

iirc DH is the highest rated QB we have had in a very long time. Top150 recruit.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/208161/daulton-hyatt

East TN HAWG

• Hogville.net
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2018, 11:38:16 am »

I don’t think Hyatt would have appeared as quick if Greenlaw and Harris had been on the field.  I think his outstanding performance may have exposed a major weakness in our defense (depth).  I believe our starting defense is comparable to some of the top teams in conference, but their back ups may not be.

The concern is if we go fast on offense, we might run our defense in the ground.  We must execute on offense and score points, forcing the opposing offense into Chavis hands.  Otherwise, every team we play will have Hyatt’s running wild in fourth quarter. 

Mike Irwin

« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2018, 12:24:04 pm »

I don’t think Hyatt would have appeared as quick if Greenlaw and Harris had been on the field.  I think his outstanding performance may have exposed a major weakness in our defense (depth). I believe our starting defense is comparable to some of the top teams in conference, but their back ups may not be.

The concern is if we go fast on offense, we might run our defense in the ground.  We must execute on offense and score points, forcing the opposing offense into Chavis hands.  Otherwise, every team we play will have Hyatt’s running wild in fourth quarter.
You are correct. The 2nd half of that scrimmage featured the 2's & 3's. Jack Lindsey was impressive too. Executed all three options well including a keep and completed pass. Later he completely faked out the defense on a  keep and walked into the endzone. It was called back because apparently somebody over of the right side of the defense scraped him on the jersey with a fingernail as ran by.

But I think Morris will move quickly to put a QB on the field who was not there last Saturday. If not one of the two incoming freshmen then maybe somebody they are recruiting right now. I think they've offered three or four QB's already.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2018, 01:19:55 pm »

Does anyone know Noland's possible draft status with MLB?

rhames

« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2018, 01:21:29 pm »

Does anyone know Noland's possible draft status with MLB?

He came out this week and said he was was coming to the UA no matter what, I believe.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:26:50 am by rhames »

Mike Irwin

« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2018, 12:45:09 pm »

He came out this week and said he was was coming to the UA no matter what I believe.

The timing of his announcement has some speculating that Morris called him after the spring game and said, Get your butt in here as soon as possible. We need you.

It's more likely that Morris didn't need to call Nolan. The kid saw the game and concluded that he could run the offense better than anybody they trotted out there. So he threw his hat in the ring.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2018, 01:11:46 pm »

I don’t think Hyatt would have appeared as quick if Greenlaw and Harris had been on the field. 

because they're blazers in an Alabama LB-like way.

as for QBs 1 and 1A, not sure they win you very many games next fall.

dmaxfan

• Varsity
  • "We got that wood rot her"
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2018, 07:08:22 am »

After what I seen, our QBs have a little bit to go.

1.storey struggled with accuracy
2.ck was just a little more accurate but made worse decisions
3. Hyatt did ok but we only got to see a few downs

arthurhawgerelli

« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2018, 10:46:15 am »

From somebody who probably saw the qb's every day.

If the season started tomorrow, Storey would start.  He made fewer errors.  Lots of concern over the strength of his arm.  As somebody who saw Ty play a lot of high school games, his mechanics were messed with by Chaney, and he still has a little way to go to overcome the "hitch" Chaney worked into his delivery.

Kelley missed a lot of reads in the Spring game, but his last 5 practices, he was much better than everybody else.

Hyatt has the ingredients to run the offense.  He is a very inaccurate passer.  Too inaccurate for now.  He could "grow up" or get more accurate over the summer.  He definitely has a very strong arm.

Should Aune continue to improve, he puts  himself into the pool.  He hasn't played football for nearly 5 years.

Noland has a shot.  He has actually put on 10 lbs since football season.  He works out constantly.  Jones ran a very similar offense, but probably is undersized for now.  You could still say Noland is undersized (weight, not height).

I didn't read this whole thread.  Sorry if I repeated somebody. 

steveaustin69

« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2018, 10:51:01 am »

If the season started tomorrow, Storey would start.  He made fewer errors.  Lots of concern over the strength of his arm.  As somebody who saw Ty play a lot of high school games, his mechanics were messed with by Chaney, and he still has a little way to go to overcome the "hitch" Chaney worked into his delivery.

Kelley missed a lot of reads in the Spring game, but his last 5 practices, he was much better than everybody else.

Hyatt has the ingredients to run the offense.  He is a very inaccurate passer.  Too inaccurate for now.  He could "grow up" or get more accurate over the summer.  He definitely has a very strong arm.

Should Aune continue to improve, he puts  himself into the pool.  He hasn't played football for nearly 5 years.

Noland has a shot.  He has actually put on 10 lbs since football season.  He works out constantly.  Jones ran a very similar offense, but probably is undersized for now.  You could still say Noland is undersized (weight, not height).

Storey and Chaney did not overlap.

Things that make you say hmmmmm.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2018, 11:09:26 am »

Could just be a simple mistake on his part. Many of us try to forget the last 5 years.

steveaustin69

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2018, 11:13:48 am »

Could just be a simple mistake on his part. Many of us try to forget the last 5 years.

This is true. A fog of mediocrity I'd rather forget.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2018, 11:37:06 am »

Hyatt has the ingredients to run the offense.  He is a very inaccurate passer.  Too inaccurate for now.  He could "grow up" or get more accurate over the summer.  He definitely has a very strong arm. Kelley was the best QB that day.

There are definitely issues with Storey's lack of arm strength. Anyone who couldn't see the problems his lack of arm strength was causing during the Spring Game wasn't paying close enough attention.

Mike Irwin

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2018, 11:48:04 am »

Yep. The last time I saw Chaney was at a HS playoff game. He was there watching Storey. Not long after that he was gone.

PorkRinds

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2018, 12:43:28 pm »

I feel like the OP may have misspelled “transfer”

arthurhawgerelli

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2018, 12:59:31 pm »

Chaney worked with Storey his first semester here, or more actually from November to January.  Ty graduated early and enrolled before Chaney actually left.  Not to actually put it all on Chaney, but I understand during that first year, and into the summer, Storey also worked with some pro guy.

micali

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2018, 01:07:13 pm »

I bet the true frosh wins it. Good or bad that's what a think.

steveaustin69

« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2018, 01:44:07 pm »

Chaney worked with Storey his first semester here, or more actually from November to January.  Ty graduated early and enrolled before Chaney actually left.  Not to actually put it all on Chaney, but I understand during that first year, and into the summer, Storey also worked with some pro guy.

So it was "some pro guy" and not Chaney.

I don't think you understand how practice restrictions in the offseason and enrolling early works. He can practice with the team if they have bowl practices. Are you telling me Chaney spent bowl practices changing a kid who couldn't contribute to the current team's mechanics? Storey played his last HS football game on Dec. 12. You're telling me he graduated, got to practice, and Chaney set out to change his motion in two weeks? A little far fetched for me.

Hell, Irwin himself said you're wrong.

PorkRinds

« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2018, 02:06:22 pm »

I don't think you understand how practice restrictions in the offseason and enrolling early works. He can practice with the team if they have bowl practices. Are you telling me Chaney spent bowl practices changing a kid who couldn't contribute to the current team's mechanics? Storey played his last HS football game on Dec. 12. You're telling me he graduated, got to practice, and Chaney set out to change his motion in two weeks? A little far fetched for me.

Not only that Chaney didn’t actually teach mechanics. He flat out said he didn’t.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2018, 02:10:48 pm »

I'm not getting involved in this debate, however we have had early enrollees get some bowl reps.  Coaches often say those 15-20 practices are very good for the young guys to get reps. 

steveaustin69

« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2018, 02:16:18 pm »

I'm not getting involved in this debate, however we have had early enrollees get some bowl reps.  Coaches often say those 15-20 practices are very good for the young guys to get reps.

I'm not saying they were never on the practice field together, but attributing what OP insinuated was a mechanical flaw to a coach who Storey was around for maybe 10 practices (HS season ended two weeks after our regular season ended) is a little far fetched.

Mike Irwin

« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2018, 02:45:41 pm »

I'm getting old. Chaney did not leave until after the Texas Bowl which was maybe three weeks after the end of the high school football season. So yes, it is possible that Chaney could have worked with Storey some during the December bowl practices. I have no knowledge of this but it is certainly possible.

I would add that a year later a few of us in the media were watching a Liberty Bowl practice in Memphis and we all noticed that Storey had this funky over the top release. I have no idea if Chaney had anything to do with it. The next time I'm around Storey I will ask.

PorkRinds

« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2018, 02:55:32 pm »

I'm getting old. Chaney did not leave until after the Texas Bowl which was maybe three weeks after the end of the high school football season. So yes, it is possible that Chaney could have worked with Storey some during the December bowl practices. I have no knowledge of this but it is certainly possible.

I would add that a year later a few of us in the media were watching a Liberty Bowl practice in Memphis and we all noticed that Storey had this funky over the top release. I have no idea if Chaney had anything to do with it. The next time I'm around Storey I will ask.

He’s always had that until recently.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas