• 10,015,822 Posts
• 401,468 Topics
• 22,977 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hall has one and only one issue.  (Read 4234 times)

JIHawg

Hall has one and only one issue.
« on: April 06, 2018, 11:29:07 pm »

His number one issue-what do I do this next year?  No matter what his handlers or Penny is whispering in his ear, it cannot in any way outweigh the fact that there is only one place he can move his career forward-Arkansas. 

Don't like Mike-get over it.  Probably won't like the next coach.  There is nothing that can justify losing a year, becoming irrelevant for a year, maybe get injured in pick up games under the overpasses of Wilbur Mills, or in Memphis school yards.  What the heck is he going to do for a year-that he wouldn't be doing at Bud Walton? 

Taking a year off?  While all your AAU and former teammate buddies are playing ball?  Relevant?  Who remembers somebody for a year? 

Handlers, former AAU coaches, shoe peddlers, Penny, all will lie to you about the importance of losing this coming year.  How many years you think you got?  Your athletic prime.  Go ahead, take a year off.  Lose a year of your life.  It's only 365 days of doing nothing to further your career. 

Otis

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Hall has one and only one issue.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 11:35:41 pm »

His number one issue-what do I do this next year?  No matter what his handlers or Penny is whispering in his ear, it cannot in any way outweigh the fact that there is only one place he can move his career forward-Arkansas. 

Don't like Mike-get over it.  Probably won't like the next coach.  There is nothing that can justify losing a year, becoming irrelevant for a year, maybe get injured in pick up games under the overpasses of Wilbur Mills, or in Memphis school yards.  What the heck is he going to do for a year-that he wouldn't be doing at Bud Walton? 

Taking a year off?  While all your AAU and former teammate buddies are playing ball?  Relevant?  Who remembers somebody for a year? 

Handlers, former AAU coaches, shoe peddlers, Penny, all will lie to you about the importance of losing this coming year.  How many years you think you got?  Your athletic prime.  Go ahead, take a year off.  Lose a year of your life.  It's only 365 days of doing nothing to further your career.

Oh? You mean like Dustin Thomas, Dusty Hannahs and Jalen Harris etc....

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

JIHawg

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 11:40:06 pm »

Oh? You mean like Dustin Thomas, Dusty Hannahs and Jalen Harris etc....

And how did it work out for them?  Any of these guys in the NBA?

widespreadsooie

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 11:40:13 pm »

Guy didn't fit in unfortunately, time to move on for the better of both parties.

JIHawg

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 11:43:33 pm »

Guy didn't fit in unfortunately, time to move on for the better of both parties.

If it's simply a matter of fitting in, take a week and learn how to fit in, or take a year off playing pickup games under the freeway overpasses.   If you don't fit in here, what's to say you'll fit in at Memphis?  Why waste a year of your life finding out?

widespreadsooie

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 11:46:49 pm »

If it's simply a matter of fitting in, take a week and learn how to fit in, or take a year off playing pickup games under the freeway overpasses.   If you don't fit in here, what's to say you'll fit in at Memphis?  Why waste a year of your life finding out?

It's not complicated. You move on if it isn't working out and look for more enjoyable opportunities. One year isn't a long time.

maxhog5

• Varsity
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 12:05:16 am »

And how did it work out for them?  Any of these guys in the NBA?

How about Malik Newman?

HogAllMighty

• Varsity
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 12:06:11 am »

It's not complicated. You move on if it isn't working out and look for more enjoyable opportunities. One year isn't a long time.

It is if you're a 6'6 guard that can't shoot and thought you was a one-and-done player.

widespreadsooie

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 12:22:38 am »

It is if you're a 6'6 guard that can't shoot and thought you was a one-and-done player.

What

Rome26

• Varsity
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 08:27:17 am »

IMO, Hall had the potential to be a 3 and done player but this transfer will almost guarantee he does all four years. Transferring makes no sense if he really thought he was a OAD type player.

ArkansasI

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 09:04:36 am »

I must be the only guy that believes eligibility issues are at play.

Porked Tongue

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 09:23:45 am »

He is one of those with a bad habit.

rtr

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 09:27:00 am »

If he is leaving with no place to go, I would say he is definitely under someone's influence.  Someone who is not necessarily looking after Darious' best interest.

Letsroll1200

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 09:27:41 am »

Good talent but you can't win with me guys.

rtr

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 09:35:37 am »

Good talent but you can't win with me guys.
a lot of innuendo in these two posts.  He certainly didn't play selfish and he did recognize you had to play both ends of the floor.

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
    • My YOUTUBE profile & vids
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 09:40:45 am »

When you transfer YOU PARTICIPATE IN OVER THE SUMMER & PRACTICE just like Jalen Harris did this past season.

By the time Jalen & Darious step on the floor they are just as familiar with the Offensive & Defensive sets as the returning player's which puts them well ahead of incoming freshman.

Now the talent of certain freshmen may eventually command them taking playing time but to start off the red-shirts know the playbook.

Now on another note I fully expected Jordan Phillips to overtake Day-Day by SEC Play.....unless Day-Day displayed a substantial jump over the summer months.

Jordan has been running the point in H.S. since he was 6'2 and is now pushing 6'8 (6'7 ˝) thus all the hype concerning his potential.

My eval: Those thighs & leg muscles have thickened  during his growth spurt as his overall end to end speed may appear to have slowed but he's in fact covering the same distance in the same amount of time due to the extra length of his strides have become longer as his body matures. Keep in mind his legs have added almost 6" in 14 months.

His quick first step when initiating a offensive move has been surprisingly maintained which translates to the SF position at the professional level

FineAsSwine

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 09:41:33 am »

I wondered about that as well. Also suspected Beard and Barford along with the known joker, smoker and midnight toker Dustin Thomas.

Letsroll1200

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 09:43:28 am »

a lot of innuendo in these two posts.  He certainly didn't play selfish and he did recognize you had to play both ends of the floor.
If people only knew. I'm not going to bash him because I like the kid. I thought initially Hall leaving would hurt the program.

jdlew

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 09:46:40 am »

It's obvious he thinks Penny is a better coach than Mike Anderson...

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 09:49:35 am »

and here’s the question, he want to be a one and done and get to the NBA fast? I guarantee you he would play so many minutes next year and that it would hurt him a lot sitting out a year, it just doesn’t make sense, their must be a lot more to it.

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 09:51:51 am »

I wondered about that as well. Also suspected Beard and Barford along with the known joker, smoker and midnight toker Dustin Thomas.

First of all Coach Anderson wanted Day-Day to stay it had nothing to do with that

2nd - Todd Day and numerous others had that very same habit when Anderson was the asst. Head Coach.

That alone may not win you role model of the year but it also won't disqualify you from playing D-1 ball at 95% of the Power 5 programs.

I will assume in time the reasoning behind the transfer will eventually see the light of day but I suspect and many others it's a combination of just about everything mentioned so far under this topic -

Letsroll1200

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 09:54:18 am »

and here’s the question, he want to be a one and done and get to the NBA fast? I guarantee you he would play so many minutes next year and that it would hurt him a lot sitting out a year, it just doesn’t make sense, their must be a lot more to it.

Hall will be 21 in December. Sitting out a year is a mistake if the NBA is his goal.

razorback1829

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 10:06:59 am »

Hall will be 21 in December. Sitting out a year is a mistake if the NBA is his goal.

Was a very foolish decision.

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 10:10:24 am »

No it is not obvious sir.  The absolute only reason people are assuming he is transferring to Memphis is because he played AAU under Penny Hardaway and how the timing of this announcement coincides with the hiring at UofM.

Penny has coached D-1 "ATHLETE'S" and at the H.S. level.
He is leapfrogging every collegiate level straight to Division 1 which is why Memphis structured his contract as such.

Who knows he maybe the next Gus Malzahn to make that jump or But it's a far different game when the talent level of the opponent is equal to yours ask John Calapari.

I realize the name alone and his past affiliation with Memphis East and the AAU team named after him should feed the Tiger program like the second coming of World Wide Wes at Kentucky and early success is expected since Memphis plays in the American Athletic Conference which isn't exactly a Haven for McDonald's AA's but his lack of experience also puts him on a short 2-3 year leash. (Contract)

I figure with the addition of Todd Day as a assistant coach at the University of Arkansas within that time span if he is fired or any transfers we could easily gobble up with a familiar AAU coach from team Penny. 

Just a idea....

BadHog

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 10:19:03 am »

Not the only one. And eligibility is only one of the issues.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2018, 10:20:01 am »

w t f are you babbling about? He just realizes he is at best the 8th most talented kid here. He is going to Memphis for playing time (and money probably).

Letsroll1200

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2018, 10:29:35 am »

Was a very foolish decision.

He'll be a 22 year old Sophomore when he returns. It want be about his potential any longer, it will be about does he have it or not.

He's a young man that's making a man decision. Good or bad you have to live with it. I hope for the best for Hall because he was one of my favorites on the team. Hall is a competitor!

redhogchilipepper

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2018, 10:33:35 am »

Bingo we have a winner

raz1965

• Senior
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2018, 11:08:51 am »

Good luck to Hall, unless he plays against the hogs.

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2018, 12:24:13 pm »

Good luck to Hall, unless he plays against the hogs.

I think everyone will eventually adopt this line of thinking...

hogwood

• Hogvillian
  • Just Chillin' Like A Villain
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2018, 09:55:28 pm »

JAMESSSSSS

USChog

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 11:35:53 pm »

Spoken like a scorned lover.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2018, 06:34:04 am »

I think everyone will eventually adopt this line of thinking...

Well, until they hear about him scoring 20 in a game (IF that ever happens) and then they’ll come out of the woodwork to bash Mike. Just like they do every time Austin Reaves hits a 3 for Wichita State.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 06:47:57 am by (notOM)Rebel123 »

hoglady

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2018, 10:04:51 am »

The Penny Hardaway that has yet to coach a college basketball game.

Porked Tongue

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 10:53:29 am »

The aspirations for Hall, Anderson and fans were never going to align here.  That pretty much was established before we even got to January.

Darren DeLoach (semohawg)

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2018, 02:26:58 pm »

That's just silly.

VirginiaHog

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2018, 05:18:27 pm »

No it is not obvious sir.  The absolute only reason people are assuming he is transferring to Memphis is because he played AAU under Penny Hardaway and how the timing of this announcement coincides with the hiring at UofM.

Penny has coached D-1 "ATHLETE'S" and at the H.S. level.
He is leapfrogging every collegiate level straight to Division 1 which is why Memphis structured his contract as such.

Who knows he maybe the next Gus Malzahn to make that jump or But it's a far different game when the talent level of the opponent is equal to yours ask John Calapari.

I realize the name alone and his past affiliation with Memphis East and the AAU team named after him should feed the Tiger program like the second coming of World Wide Wes at Kentucky and early success is expected since Memphis plays in the American Athletic Conference which isn't exactly a Haven for McDonald's AA's but his lack of experience also puts him on a short 2-3 year leash. (Contract)

I figure with the addition of Todd Day as a assistant coach at the University of Arkansas within that time span if he is fired or any transfers we could easily gobble up with a familiar AAU coach from team Penny. 

Just a idea....
I believe he is going to Memphis because Henderson said in his interview last week that he wishes Hall would be here but wishes him best of luck in Memphis.

sickboy

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2018, 08:54:49 pm »

Hall leaving makes zero sense. Unless his goal is not to strive for making the NBA. He’s taking a massive risk when he had a role and a position here with guaranteed playing time. It might work out, but he’s making things way harder on himself.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 08:54:51 am »

When you transfer YOU PARTICIPATE IN OVER THE SUMMER & PRACTICE just like Jalen Harris did this past season.

By the time Jalen & Darious step on the floor they are just as familiar with the Offensive & Defensive sets as the returning player's which puts them well ahead of incoming freshman.

Now the talent of certain freshmen may eventually command them taking playing time but to start off the red-shirts know the playbook.

Now on another note I fully expected Jordan Phillips to overtake Day-Day by SEC Play.....unless Day-Day displayed a substantial jump over the summer months.

Jordan has been running the point in H.S. since he was 6'2 and is now pushing 6'8 (6'7 ˝) thus all the hype concerning his potential.

My eval: Those thighs & leg muscles have thickened  during his growth spurt as his overall end to end speed may appear to have slowed but he's in fact covering the same distance in the same amount of time due to the extra length of his strides have become longer as his body matures. Keep in mind his legs have added almost 6" in 14 months.

His quick first step when initiating a offensive move has been surprisingly maintained which translates to the SF position at the professional level

Boy I hope your right about Jordan.   We need an athletic scoring stud at the CG\SF position

nwahogfan1

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 08:56:43 am »

The Penny Hardaway that has yet to coach a college basketball game.

I agree.  Lots of ex super star NBA players do not make good college coaches.

RealHog

• Senior
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 09:48:13 am »

I think he left cuz CMA kept giving Beard minutes even though Hall was already better.

WeHogs

• Band Nerd
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 09:59:01 am »

w t f are you babbling about? He just realizes he is at best the 8th most talented kid here. He is going to Memphis for playing time (and money probably).

Wait what?  8th best player here?  That is crazy. I hate the Memphis Tigers as much as anyone I can promise you that because I live in the city and their fans are delusional but they will have more talent on their roster after their next recruiting class (by the time Hall is eligible) than Arkansas does currently. 

Memphis will get the #1 player in the country next year and have a top 5 class I can promise you that.  Im not saying Penny wont be dirty because I believe he will (college basketball is VERY dirty).

Now you can say he will be the 8th best player at Memphis when he is eligible but saying 8th best at Arkansas right now is just flat out stupid.

WeHogs

• Band Nerd
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2018, 10:04:08 am »

I agree.  Lots of ex super star NBA players do not make good college coaches.

I hope 1 cent fails as much as any1 but you cant compare him to the other former players that coached.  He is loved in the city of Memphis like no other.

Look at all of the Memphis kids that played in the NCAA tournament.  It is atleast 5 or more. Penny will lockdown Memphis and recruit nationally.

I believe his shoes are second behind Jordans in sales.  Kids love the guy.  He is also smart and trying to get Larry Brown on staff but the AD wont sign off on that yet.  He is just wanting Larry to help coach.  No recruiting.  We all know Larry has been caught cheating when it comes to recruiting but everyone knows he is an excellent coach that will greatly help Penny in teaching him more about coaching.

He also just put Mike Miller on staff who will be able to recruit. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas