• 396,168 Topics
• 22,374 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: EVERY SINGLE POST started in Jump ball turns into a "Fire MA" tirade..  (Read 3757 times)

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
    • My YOUTUBE profile & vids

I literally listed the top pre-season 25 and had to go back and clean it up because posters.

We get it some want to praise while other's want his tenure to end but as of now EVERY SINGLE TOPIC is a onslaught of Anger & Venom towards Coach Mike Anderson and it's the Same 8-10 posters.

Fans registered on this board to discuss certain aspects of Razorback Sports not to turn every conversation into a pissing match as it has become a badge of honor to DERAIL THREAD'S.

Whether you're Pro-Anderson/Anti-Anderson or simply torn please, please try to focus on subject matter and not make it a personal vendetta to insult the poster because you don't agree with his point of view.

Ironhawg

This should be stickied.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Deep Shoat

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey

Fire Mike

pigzwillrise

• WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Breems

• Gold Hogvillian
  • They grow up so fast

No kidding. It's really annoying that we're capable of a grand total of 1 conversation on this board.

You could literally cut and paste all the threads together and not miss a beat.

You and another ambitious, spiteful moderator should create a giant Fire Mike thread and merge everything there and see what else the board could come up with. Maybe have jbcarol start posting it it. People miiiight let up a little.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net

Theres not enough hours in the day to clean up this cesspool.

grayhawg

At least we are consistent we have been wanting to fire someone every year for a long time first this run started with fire Nutt, fire Heath,fire Pelphry, fire Bielema and now fire Mike Anderson. Wanting folks fired is in hogville's DNA.

East Clintwood

At least we are consistent we have been wanting to fire someone every year for a long time first this run started with fire Nutt, fire Heath,fire Pelphry, fire Bielema and now fire Mike Anderson. Wanting folks fired is in hogville's DNA.

Which came first?  The chicken or the long endless stream of coaches that deserved to be fired?

grayhawg

Which came first?  The chicken or the long endless stream of coaches that deserved to be fired?
And in the middle one whose firing was questionable by a large group of fans.

jst01

Like the end of the Nutt era. And this will end the same too. Except no awesome DMac seasons

Hog Fan from Camden

Re: EVERY SINGLE POST started in Jump ball turns into a "Fire MA" tirade..
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 09:10:35 pm »

Thanks, not totally happy with Mike right now but not going to keep bringing it up in every thread.  He is still the head basketball coach of the U of A!  I hope he rights the ship if not I hope the administration does what they have to.   

rude1

• Razorback Basketball Another New Beginning....
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 09:11:20 pm »

Seems the accusation is a bit one sided to me, it's not like the fan club don't show up in every thread and sometimes making the preemptive strike. Poster posts highlights of DH doesn't say anything, fan club jumps right in and and accuses poster of doing this to complain about Mike Anderson..............

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 09:40:56 pm »

Waste of time Mike Anderson is not going to be fired and is not going anywhere. Good of bad might as well hope for the best. I like Mike and don't understand his choice in playing some players but he runs a clean program. And he's never done anything but act in a very professional way.

Just wasting your energy if you are constantly wanting him fired. The Mike fans don't help they start up threads constantly every win calling out the fire Mike crowd.

Never going to change.

Randohoggie

• Varsity
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 10:20:26 pm »

Thanks, not totally happy with Mike right now but not going to keep bringing it up in every thread.  He is still the head basketball coach of the U of A!  I hope he rights the ship if not I hope the administration does what they have to.

This.  This.  This.

HawgHeadCheese

• Senior
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 10:31:20 pm »

Man hogville has been so dang depressing since the Hall rumors started then were confirmed. The thing I hate the most about hogville is negative threads have more comments then the positives. For instance there are more comments and threads about Hall and Jones transferring than there were about Gafford who was a projected first round pick returning. Im not a CMA hater or supporter but I love the Hogs and will always focus in on the positives than negatives but that's how I approach life as well. I've considered stop visiting this site which sucks because this is my favorite past time .
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 03:46:39 am by HawgHeadCheese »

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 12:56:03 am »

Good post^. I just avoid the things I don't want to read. There is good back and forth on here don't let the nonsense run you off.

RedRock

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 05:36:46 am »

Keep sticking to hopes and dreams.  Past performance is a good measure for future results.

Sow Lancelot

• Senior
  • #NumquamDescedete!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 06:59:07 am »

Theres not enough hours in the day to clean up this cesspool.
Ban Ďem.
Man hogville has been so dang depressing since the Hall rumors started then were confirmed. The thing I hate the most about hogville is negative threads have more comments then the positives. For instance there are more comments and threads about Hall and Jones transferring than there were about Gafford who was a projected first round pick returning. Im not a CMA hater or supporter but I love the Hogs and will always focus in on the positives than negatives but that's how I approach life as well. I've considered stop visiting this site which sucks because this is my favorite past time .
Negativity takes little analysis or preparation.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 08:36:07 am »

Ban Ďem.Negativity takes little analysis or preparation.

The problem is the mike worshippers stir the pot as much as the haters. Its pretty ridiculous.

rtr

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 09:33:07 am »

What this shows is that the program has plateaued, maybe peaked.  Fans are getting restless.  I thought the highwater mark of Mike's tenure was last year in the loss to North Carolina in the 2nd round of NCAA.  I felt we were relevant for the first time in over 20 years with 3 minutes to go in that game.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 11:50:30 am »

Some of the responses in this thread are ironic considering the purpose of the OP. 

Now if you support Mike you are a Mike worshiper.  Or we have Nostradamus proclaiming the program has plateaued, this with arguably the deepest, most highly rated, and athletic class coming in in years.  Fact is no one knows if the program has peaked or what the future holds.

Jay Wright is a good example of the ups and downs faced by a coach with a long tenure.

Took 5 years just to get Hofstra to the post season.  His first 3 years he was 20 games under .500.
His 5th year at Villanova he went to an Elite 8 but followed that up with an 11 loss and 13 loss seasons in a row, and finishing 7th and 8th in conference.  Would have been easy to claim two years post the Elite 8 appearance that he had peaked. 

Then in year 8 he made a F4 and followed that with a 25-8 season.  Oops but then again the next 3 years he went 21-12, 13-19, and 20-14.  Any message board genius could have claimed after the 20-14 season, "you know Wright really peaked after that Final 4.  He's been sub par since hell even had that ugly losing season, maybe it's time to move on."  I'm sure several did just that.

Once it's clear that the current coach isn't going anywhere, and if he is not embarrassing the program off the field, code redding kids, cheating and getting drunk etc, it does not do fans or the program any good to constantly be negative post season conclusion if a change is not a possibility.  All the negativity then serves to do is bring down the program. 

mhuff

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 12:00:44 pm »

Good post^. I just avoid the things I don't want to read. There is good back and forth on here don't let the nonsense run you off.

BallHog1

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 12:50:30 pm »

Some of the responses in this thread are ironic considering the purpose of the OP. 

Now if you support Mike you are a Mike worshiper.  Or we have Nostradamus proclaiming the program has plateaued, this with arguably the deepest, most highly rated, and athletic class coming in in years.  Fact is no one knows if the program has peaked or what the future holds.

Jay Wright is a good example of the ups and downs faced by a coach with a long tenure.

Took 5 years just to get Hofstra to the post season.  His first 3 years he was 20 games under .500.
His 5th year at Villanova he went to an Elite 8 but followed that up with an 11 loss and 13 loss seasons in a row, and finishing 7th and 8th in conference.  Would have been easy to claim two years post the Elite 8 appearance that he had peaked. 

Then in year 8 he made a F4 and followed that with a 25-8 season.  Oops but then again the next 3 years he went 21-12, 13-19, and 20-14.  Any message board genius could have claimed after the 20-14 season, "you know Wright really peaked after that Final 4.  He's been sub par since hell even had that ugly losing season, maybe it's time to move on."  I'm sure several did just that.

Once it's clear that the current coach isn't going anywhere, and if he is not embarrassing the program off the field, code redding kids, cheating and getting drunk etc, it does not do fans or the program any good to constantly be negative post season conclusion if a change is not a possibility.  All the negativity then serves to do is bring down the program. 
Great post.
I recall everyone wanting to fire a coach that eventually did what no others have here after his second year too. Nobody knows what the future holds, that's the fun in being a fan.

Sow Lancelot

• Senior
  • #NumquamDescedete!
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 07:07:54 pm »

The problem is the mike worshippers stir the pot as much as the haters. Its pretty ridiculous.
Generally just shows folks have no depth of thought to carry on a deeper conversation.

oldbooniehog

• Testing...testing
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 08:17:44 pm »

Zero trips to the Sweet 16 for 22 straight years will do that to fans.

Especially for the coach who's been here for 7, and now 8 of those 22 years.

kp72204

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 01:22:41 am »

I love this site. Some I agree with, some I don't. Truth is when people stop posting one way or the other, then the program is in trouble. Regardless of which side of the equation you're on, you'll go to any post to vent your jubilation\frustration. We're all fans just some are more patient than others.

Not sure bout Anderson yet. Has won and lost games that raised and lowered my expectations. I concede I was ready to move on from CBB.

notice no one's attacked track coach?

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 08:37:32 am »

Not sure bout Anderson yet.

It is this type of post that drives some of us to past what we do. The man has been here 7 years, has made the ncaat 3 times, and has not made it past the 1st weekend. Has not won the sec regular season or the sect in 7 attempts. Has seen a string of high profile recruits ( at least high profile according to the hype they got from Hog fans ) transfer out after one season. Has seen some of the best in state talent leave for other SEC programs. Going into year 8 the roster is going to be almost all new ( that should never happen this far into a coach's tenure ). They have won precious few "big" games in his 7 years. They have beaten Ky a couple times, oddly enough twice in one season, a season where the Hogs missed the NCAAT and KY ended up in the final 4. This past season, with a struggling KY coming to BWA, the Hogs again laid a 2nd half egg and got beaten handily by KY. Yes, they have made the sect final a couple times, but never challenged in either title game. And for every win over the top teams in the league, there have been 2 or 3 loses to teams like LSU (twice) this past season. Vandy at home and Mizzu on the road in 16/17, Minnesota, Clemson, Houston in ooc games. They played in a 3 or 4 bid SEC for most of the past 7 seasons and still could not win it. So I ask, how can anyone not be sure about Anderson yet?

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 08:56:02 am »

It is this type of post that drives some of us to past what we do. The man has been here 7 years, has made the ncaat 3 times, and has not made it past the 1st weekend. Has not won the sec regular season or the sect in 7 attempts. Has seen a string of high profile recruits ( at least high profile according to the hype they got from Hog fans ) transfer out after one season. Has seen some of the best in state talent leave for other SEC programs. Going into year 8 the roster is going to be almost all new ( that should never happen this far into a coach's tenure ). They have won precious few "big" games in his 7 years. They have beaten Ky a couple times, oddly enough twice in one season, a season where the Hogs missed the NCAAT and KY ended up in the final 4. This past season, with a struggling KY coming to BWA, the Hogs again laid a 2nd half egg and got beaten handily by KY. Yes, they have made the sect final a couple times, but never challenged in either title game. And for every win over the top teams in the league, there have been 2 or 3 loses to teams like LSU (twice) this past season. Vandy at home and Mizzu on the road in 16/17, Minnesota, Clemson, Houston in ooc games. They played in a 3 or 4 bid SEC for most of the past 7 seasons and still could not win it. So I ask, how can anyone not be sure about Anderson yet?

3 out of 4 NCAA's, will be coming off back to back stints. If I'm honest.. maybe this coming year MIGHT be the only tournament CMA has a chance of not being in, and we're even projected to make it there as of now. Nobody counts the irrelevant 3 seasons before. Only people who REALLY need to make their post try to say 3 of 7. But anyways, if we go this coming year, MA is sitting pretty. Great foundation class coming in, and will be tournament regulars through their senior season.

So yea, in my mind I can't understand how anybody can't be sure about MA. You purposely go out of your way to try to make your point, which is weak as water.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 09:05:49 am »

3 out of 4 NCAA's, will be coming off back to back stints. If I'm honest.. maybe this coming year MIGHT be the only tournament CMA has a chance of not being in, and we're even projected to make it there as of now. Nobody counts the irrelevant 3 seasons before. Only people who REALLY need to make their post try to say 3 of 7. But anyways, if we go this coming year, MA is sitting pretty. Great foundation class coming in, and will be tournament regulars through their senior season.

So yea, in my mind I can't understand how anybody can't be sure about MA. You purposely go out of your way to try to make your point, which is weak as water.

I am sure about Mike. Not great, not terrible. In the college basketball world he is just meh. Arkansas deserves better than meh.

Did I post anything that was not true?

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 09:21:14 am »

I am sure about Mike. Not great, not terrible. In the college basketball world he is just meh. Arkansas deserves better than meh.

Did I post anything that was not true?

All it takes is one run, then your whole arguement goes to poo. You tried to spin, but I rebutted. What did I say that's not true?

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 09:24:42 am »

All it takes is one run, then your whole arguement goes to poo. You tried to spin, but I rebutted. What did I say that's not true?

So you think one run makes a coach great? Guess someone should pony up 2.5mil for Porter Moser ( although Moser had more NCAAT wins in one season than Mike has in 7 at AR ) I do not think Moser is a great coach.

Breems

• Gold Hogvillian
  • They grow up so fast
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 09:27:07 am »

Self-fulfilling thread.

The usual suspects.

HoopS

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 09:32:32 am »

What gets me is that if some choose to be optimistic, it pisses some of you off

Sports are an escape from other stuff for many. They may want to believe in their team.

Why get pissed at them for wanting to enjoy their team? I know youíre not happy. I wish you were. But why do we have to make sure others are miserable?

None of us hired him.

None will fire him.

We all love the Hogs.

We may not agree with the leadership at times. Thereís lots of things about our teams I donít care for. But so what.

I donít think we know his ceiling. Maybe you do. You may be right. Or he may crash right through his so called ceiling this next season. The fact is he surpassed what heís done here in the ncaat at two other programs, so clearly heís figured it all out before. Maybe itíll happen here. Maybe it wonít.

If I choose to want to believe he can capture that again, should it really piss you off?

And if you donít think itís possible, should it bother me? It doesn't. Iím in charge of my own self.

I watch my teams for enjoyment. I donít have to critique every aspect of my teams. I will some. But at the end of the day, if following the Hogs made me miserable, Iím not sure Iíd be here wallowing in the misery that is otherís enjoyment.

To each their own though.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 09:32:43 am »

Self-fulfilling thread.

The usual suspects.

I don't think I have said they should fire Mike, but I do not think it would be the catastrophe some think it would be if it happened either. Firing/resigning/leaving for another job happens all the time. The key is in the next hire.

Mr. Porkleone

• Founder, ďSalt BowlĒ High Schools biggest game.
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 09:33:20 am »

Fact is program is average. Fans want better than average

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 09:38:54 am »

Sports are an escape from other stuff for many. They may want to believe in their team.

Why get pissed at them for wanting to enjoy their team? I know youíre not happy. I wish you were. But why do we have to make sure others are miserable?

None of us hired him.

None will fire him.

We all love the Hogs.

We may not agree with the leadership at times. Thereís lots of things about our teams I donít care for. But so what.

I donít think we know his ceiling. Maybe you do. You may be right. Or he may crash right through his so called ceiling this next season. The fact is he surpassed what heís done here in the ncaat at two other programs, so clearly heís figured it all out before. Maybe itíll happen here. Maybe it wonít.

If I choose to want to believe he can capture that again, should it really piss you off?

And if you donít think itís possible, should it bother me? It doesn't. Iím in charge of my own self.

I watch my teams for enjoyment. I donít have to critique every aspect of my teams. I will some. But at the end of the day, if following the Hogs made me miserable, Iím not sure Iíd be here wallowing in the misery that is otherís enjoyment.

What the Hogs do matters little to my happiness in life. And, turn your argument around why should it matter if some want a different coach, we cant fire Mike and we cant hire anyone else. So why does it matter? Why should people get so mad when someone posts their opinion that the program can do better than Mike?

pigture perfect

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 09:40:05 am »

The time for firing because of records is passed. The only thing Mike can be fired for now is ďfor causeĒ. I donít see any possibility of that happening as Mike is as Clean and honorable as they come. The only time Fire Mike should ever be mentioned is the 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the final game of the season. I like Mike and wish him success.

Deep Shoat

• The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 10:19:35 am »

None of us hired him.

None will fire him.

We all love the Hogs.

Be as optimistic as you want.  Just donít be a jerk for those who see it differently.  Seriously, for every positive you can hold onto as a reason for optimism, I can point out a negative as a reason for pessimism.  And Iím not even a CMA ďhaterĒ.  I just think heís reached his ceiling and am resigned to the fact that he will retire here.

Itís the folks who try to pretend like Mike can do no wrong who create the anger in this forum.  Just admit that there are legit reasons to be less than thrilled, but that you still support him and most of the true negative posters will return to equilibrium.

And if you donít see reasons for people to doubt, then you are ignoring them.

steveaustin69

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 10:20:45 am »

Be as optimistic as you want.  Just donít be a jerk for those who see it differently.  Seriously, for every positive you can hold onto as a reason for optimism, I can point out a negative as a reason for pessimism.  And Iím not even a CMA ďhaterĒ.  I just think heís reached his ceiling and am resigned to the fact that he will retire here.

Itís the folks who try to pretend like Mike can do no wrong who create the anger in this forum.  Just admit that their are legit reasons to be less than thrilled, but that you still support him and most of the true negative posters will return to equilibrium.

And if you donít see reasons for people to doubt, then you are ignoring them.

HoopS

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 10:22:12 am »

What the Hogs do matters little to my happiness in life. And, turn your argument around why should it matter if some want a different coach, we cant fire Mike and we cant hire anyone else. So why does it matter? Why should people get so mad when someone posts their opinion that the program can do better than Mike?
believe it or not, I wouldnít oppose a change.

But heís here and Iím supporting the program and hoping it comes together.

I donít even mind that some donít want him here. I just donít want to read about it every single time.

I prefer something in the middle from all positive and all negative.

He isnít perfect. We all know that. At least I assume we do.

Heís also competent. Shocking that has to be said. But yes I said it.

Neither of those statements is all that bold, yet both will set people off.

It is juvenile at best.

At least we have passionate fans.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 10:27:03 am »

Self-fulfilling thread.

The usual suspects.
Breems, it's been FOUR MONTHS since we've fired a head coach!  FOUR MONTHS, Breems!   >:(

People are frustrated.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 10:36:17 am »

believe it or not, I wouldnít oppose a change.

But heís here and Iím supporting the program and hoping it comes together.

I donít even mind that some donít want him here. I just donít want to read about it every single time.

I prefer something in the middle from all positive and all negative.

He isnít perfect. We all know that. At least I assume we do.

Heís also competent. Shocking that has to be said. But yes I said it.

Neither of those statements is all that bold, yet both will set people off.

It is juvenile at best.

At least we have passionate fans.

I believe you. I believe he is competent.  I also believe he is not perfect, and I believe saying that will set some people off, and therein lies the problem.

HoopS

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2018, 10:56:08 am »

I believe you. I believe he is competent.  I also believe he is not perfect, and I believe saying that will set some people off, and therein lies the problem.
see, I think thatís part of it. The other part is that it gets said repeatedly. How often do we all have to say the same stuff?

Dominicanhog

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 11:32:34 am »

see, I think thatís part of it. The other part is that it gets said repeatedly. How often do we all have to say the same stuff?

They hardly go a post w/o degrading Mike, then repeat it over and over in the same thread.. when you point it out, your a Hugger...

Like any poster on this board doesn't know their thoughts on Mike...

sevenof400

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2018, 11:35:44 am »

See Gen. Patton for a solution to this.   

HF#1

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2018, 12:13:27 pm »

Mike was hired to pull us out of the gutter and keep us out of the gutter. For the most part he has done that. His tenure here now depends on the expectations of the BOT and the AD.

Breems

• Gold Hogvillian
  • They grow up so fast
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2018, 12:30:05 pm »

Breems, it's been FOUR MONTHS since we've fired a head coach!  FOUR MONTHS, Breems!   >:(

People are frustrated.

4 months?!?!

Heads should roll. Fire HY.

phadedhawg

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2018, 02:31:11 pm »

When you recognize the problem with the program is the coach, the news of the day is just rearranging deck chairs on a sinking ship.  I'm sure some folks have some lovely ideas for how those chairs should be arranged but the rest of us are more alarmed by all the water our basketball program is taking on with the current coach/captain.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2018, 02:49:36 pm »

I realize we all have our own opinions on the program. For the sake of the conversation here though, it would be nice if one could post a real statistic, without commentary, and not be labeled as a hater or a hugger or a racist or embracing mediocrity. If, for example, one posts that the team shot X% at the FT line, just discuss the X% they shot at the FT line. Posting FT % should not be a contentious issue.

Swinesong1

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2018, 03:35:12 pm »

I realize we all have our own opinions on the program. For the sake of the conversation here though, it would be nice if one could post a real statistic, without commentary, and not be labeled as a hater or a hugger or a racist or embracing mediocrity. If, for example, one posts that the team shot X% at the FT line, just discuss the X% they shot at the FT line. Posting FT % should not be a contentious issue.
Fair enough
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas