• 393,906 Topics
• 22,230 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019 college pre-seasons rankings  (Read 344 times)

HoginMemphis

• Gold Hogvillian
2019 college pre-seasons rankings
« on: April 06, 2018, 11:37:01 am »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/kansas-duke-top-way-too-early-college-basketball-rankings-for-2018-19/ar-AAvlFzd?ocid=NL_ENUS_A1_20180406_4

For those of you who think Arkansas is going to have a winning season and another trip to the NCAAT, guess again. As has been mentioned ad nauseam, the Hogs are losing half the team and 75% of its scoring from this past season and adding 6 freshmen.

This poll has 6 SEC teams in the top 25 and Arkansas ain't one of them. Both Miss St and LSU have top 10 recruiting classes coming in? Tell me again what Arkansas' class is ranked? The other SEC programs are not sitting still waiting for Anderson and his staff to out-perform them. Anderson is behind most of the rest of the SEC given that he has been at Arkansas for 7 seasons.

I remain fairly confident in my opinion that next year is going to be a lot worse than most here believe it can be. Something on the order of 6 SEC wins(or less) and Anderson's first sub .500 overall season as a head coach. He better hope this freshman class has some players who are ready to compete at the top of the SEC immediately.

razorback1829

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: 2019 college pre-seasons rankings
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 11:42:28 am »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/kansas-duke-top-way-too-early-college-basketball-rankings-for-2018-19/ar-AAvlFzd?ocid=NL_ENUS_A1_20180406_4

For those of you who think Arkansas is going to have a winning season and another trip to the NCAAT, guess again. As has been mentioned ad nauseam, the Hogs are losing half the team and 75% of its scoring from this past season and adding 6 freshmen.

This poll has 6 SEC teams in the top 25 and Arkansas ain't one of them. Both Miss St and LSU have top 10 recruiting classes coming in? Tell me again what Arkansas' class is ranked? The other SEC programs are not sitting still waiting for Anderson and his staff to out-perform them. Anderson is behind most of the rest of the SEC given that he has been at Arkansas for 7 seasons.

I remain fairly confident in my opinion that next year is going to be a lot worse than most here believe it can be. Something on the order of 6 SEC wins(or less) and Anderson's first sub .500 overall season as a head coach. He better hope this freshman class has some players who are ready to compete at the top of the SEC immediately.

I bet last year they had Tennesee and Auburn around this time going into the offseason.. oh wait..

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

BannerMountainMan

• All-American Hogvillian
  • WPS
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 08:33:18 pm »

So Arkansas isn’t in the top 25? WOW who would’ve known 😂 this article doesn’t even tie into bashing Mike but somehow it fits the narrative

widespreadsooie

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 11:28:55 pm »

You're linking MSN and "way too early" polls in the same post? My head just exploded.

widespreadsooie

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 11:35:56 pm »

These type of polls are truly hilarious and filled with recency bias, not advocating for the Hogs for the record
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas