• 393,950 Topics
• 22,234 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Hall and Jones leaving  (Read 14321 times)

k.c.hawg

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: Hall and Jones leaving
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2018, 02:55:55 pm »

What does that have to do with anything? You quickly jump to something else when shown the facts. Bielema made 30 million dollars as Coach from Arkansas, must mean he is perfect at it..............

What do you mean, what does it have to do with it? You are the one stating emphatically that if a kid doesn't get more minutes based solely on statistics it is a coaching problem. It can be a player player problem....you conveniently never answered the question about attitude, grades, class attendance, being a good teammate, off court problems and whether a coach should ever make that a factor in the players minutes.

I was merely pointing out he has had 35 years to formulate a plan of ACTUAL hands on coaching and it appears you are limited to the couch and message board for experience.

Deep Shoat

• The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2018, 03:02:29 pm »

We all watched the Butler game.

We were CLEARLY better when Hall was in and Beard was out.  What about more minutes when it is obvious during the game that you are the better option?

Three times during that game I watched Hall improve our energy, D, Rebounding, and saw us make a run with him in/Beard out.  Three times I watched CMA but Beard back in and take Hall out and saw the team begin to lose the ground they had made up.

Anyone who watched the game without an agenda saw the same.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

rude1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorback Basketball Another New Beginning....
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2018, 03:17:57 pm »

What do you mean, what does it have to do with it? You are the one stating emphatically that if a kid doesn't get more minutes based solely on statistics it is a coaching problem. It can be a player player problem....you conveniently never answered the question about attitude, grades, class attendance, being a good teammate, off court problems and whether a coach should ever make that a factor in the players minutes.

I was merely pointing out he has had 35 years to formulate a plan of ACTUAL hands on coaching and it appears you are limited to the couch and message board for experience.
If the kid was a problem, why was he playing at all? There was no reason to answer that because the kid was on the team all year and was never in the dog house for problems. It would be awfully convenient now to paint him as a problem player after he leaves.

rude1

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2018, 03:19:07 pm »

We were CLEARLY better when Hall was in and Beard was out.  What about more minutes when it is obvious during the game that you are the better option?

Three times during that game I watched Hall improve our energy, D, Rebounding, and saw us make a run with him in/Beard out.  Three times I watched CMA but Beard back in and take Hall out and saw the team begin to lose the ground they had made up.

But but but, we don't have 30 years of coaching experience to understand the game of basketball.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2018, 03:30:48 pm »

He sucked about as bad as everyone else. 22 minutes   2/7   4 rebounds   2 steals 1 block 2 unforced turnovers. Yep that was clearly the reason we lost that game.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2018, 03:31:38 pm »

If the kid was a problem, why was he playing at all? There was no reason to answer that because the kid was on the team all year and was never in the dog house for problems. It would be awfully convenient now to paint him as a problem player after he leaves.

Well obviously he's gone and you don't know anything more than anyone else. How many practices did you attend last season?

rude1

« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2018, 03:36:25 pm »

Well obviously he's gone and you don't know anything more than anyone else. How many practices did you attend last season?
I am not the one guess about what he might have been doing wrong. What I did was put up what each done statiscally and show that Beard was not in the same ball park as Hall productively. You apologist are the ones who have looked to minimize the kids character by suggesting unsubstantiated claims about his character. And once again what does watching practice have to do with playing a player who is last on your team shooting ball but is taking the third amount of shots? No coach in his right mind would do that, that player would be pulled out and told to look for the real shooters.

Deep Shoat

• The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2018, 04:07:34 pm »

He sucked about as bad as everyone else. 22 minutes   2/7   4 rebounds   2 steals 1 block 2 unforced turnovers. Yep that was clearly the reason we lost that game.
That wasn't the reason we lost the game.  But we were better when he was in there.

The reason we lost was the usual.  We were unprepared for what Butler does and too dependant on hitting jump shots that weren't falling.

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2018, 09:04:58 pm »

I don't have a clue why Hall left.
But I'm not buying minutes, Beard's minutes, trust in the staff or any of that stuff.
It's just not a logical move from a basketball perspective.
Anderson's style of play is a good fit for Hall.

There's just something else to it.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2018, 09:26:56 pm »

I am not the one guess about what he might have been doing wrong. What I did was put up what each done statiscally and show that Beard was not in the same ball park as Hall productively. You apologist are the ones who have looked to minimize the kids character by suggesting unsubstantiated claims about his character. And once again what does watching practice have to do with playing a player who is last on your team shooting ball but is taking the third amount of shots? No coach in his right mind would do that, that player would be pulled out and told to look for the real shooters.

I've stated emphatically I know nothing about the kid but what I've seen on tv. I just don't understand how people are so stupid to think that a coach is only going by what the fan sees sitting on the couch. That is some damn easy coaching, especially for a man who has said all along he is trying to make kids do the right thing in their personal life. I'm sure 99% of all coaches wish they could use your criteria to manage the kids on their team. And just because the kid was on the team and not kicked off as you alluded to earlier that doesn't mean that the coach isn't using playing time to make a kid do the right things. I would never even bring up the possibility of a players off the court being a reason for his lack of minutes if there weren't thoughtless or clueless posters thinking a coach can determine his rotation game in and game out by looking at a stat sheet. Unfortunately or not,  CMA does take a hands on approach to their grades, class attendance and self discipline.

rude1

« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2018, 09:32:42 pm »

I've stated emphatically I know nothing about the kid but what I've seen on tv. I just don't understand how people are so stupid to think that a coach is only going by what the fan sees sitting on the couch. That is some damn easy coaching, especially for a man who has said all along he is trying to make kids do the right thing in their personal life. I'm sure 99% of all coaches wish they could use your criteria to manage the kids on their team. And just because the kid was on the team and not kicked off as you alluded to earlier that doesn't mean that the coach isn't using playing time to make a kid do the right things. I would never even bring up the possibility of a players off the court being a reason for his lack of minutes if there weren't thoughtless or clueless posters thinking a coach can determine his rotation game in and game out by looking at a stat sheet. Unfortunately or not,  CMA does take a hands on approach to their grades, class attendance and self discipline.
You admit to not knowing anything but have no problem openly speculating the coach might have been using playing time because of something the player was doing that wasn't right. No evidence whatsoever that supports that but yeah let's dig in on the kid to protect the adult.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2018, 09:52:40 pm »

You admit to not knowing anything but have no problem openly speculating the coach might have been using playing time because of something the player was doing that wasn't right. No evidence whatsoever that supports that but yeah let's dig in on the kid to protect the adult.

You admit to not knowing anything about a player where there was obviously a player/coach/school issue going on and yet you want us to believe your spin that the coach was negligent for not playing a guy more, simply based on a shooting %,  with a small sample size, and  what "YOU" see, while the player is posting other stats that are inferior to the other player. I could care less if the coach is here next year as long as we have a coach, yet you call people apologist for calling you on your lame BS assessments, based on zero knowledge of the situation, other than 2 shooting % figures...forget the fact he is  -17% at the line, far inferior assist to T.O. ratio and your assessment he is a better defensive player, even though the players have totally different defensive assignments. There in lies the problem, call someone out (you) for spewing half truths (at best) based on 2 statistics lifted off of the spread sheet and then we are making excuses for the coach. Go figure.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:22:58 am by k.c.hawg »

azhog10

• Razorback Basketball on the rise!
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2018, 11:36:51 pm »

Beliece what you want but Hall has issues outside of Bud Awalton. Take that however you want.

rude1

« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2018, 10:31:13 am »

Beliece what you want but Hall has issues outside of Bud Awalton. Take that however you want.
Proof? Other than you said it or some other poster said it. AND would we be hearing these accusations had he decided to stay?

HoopS

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2018, 10:33:43 am »

Proof? Other than you said it or some other poster said it.
you wonít get proof here. Nor should anyone share too much. Either you believe it or you donít. People with close connections to the team say there are some things there. Your call if you choose to believe that or not.

Otis

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2018, 10:55:42 am »

you wonít get proof here. Nor should anyone share too much. Either you believe it or you donít. People with close connections to the team say there are some things there. Your call if you choose to believe that or not.

Passing counterfeit money, failing multiple drug tests for a few years and fights at bars donít get you kicked off the team. Now people want us to believe Hall was doing things that might have gotten him asked to leave? Sorry, but donít believe it for a second.

rude1

« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2018, 12:34:40 pm »

So there is no proof, and something tells me, had he decided to stay, we wouldn't be hearing how there were issues with him. Awfully convenient that the moment a kid decides to leave on his own that there were all kinds of issues with him behind the scenes.

azhog10

« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2018, 06:31:50 pm »

So there is no proof, and something tells me, had he decided to stay, we wouldn't be hearing how there were issues with him. Awfully convenient that the moment a kid decides to leave on his own that there were all kinds of issues with him behind the scenes.
Dont beliece me check Porkeds posts. Even he acknowledges there were issues off the court. Heís been anti mike and admits Hall had problems.

HoopS

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2018, 06:58:04 pm »

Passing counterfeit money, failing multiple drug tests for a few years and fights at bars donít get you kicked off the team. Now people want us to believe Hall was doing things that might have gotten him asked to leave? Sorry, but donít believe it for a second.
your prerogative. I donít know for sure but usually Porked Tongue has very solid info.

HoopS

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2018, 06:59:40 pm »

a very valid comment. And accurate. I know I had not heard about anything with him prior to this. But once someone leaves, you do see some things get aired out that we normally would have kept under wraps. I have no reason to doubt the source(s).

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2018, 11:16:48 pm »

Well - after listening to Anderson's interview after the banquet tonight.
It sure sounds like he was surprised at the transfers, that these guys had other people outside the program in their ear, they didn't listen to their teammates and the Arkansas coaches.
They weren't happy and decided to transfer.

The Hogfather

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I love lamp...
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2018, 11:22:44 pm »

Well - after listening to Anderson's interview after the banquet tonight.
It sure sounds like he was surprised at the transfers, that these guys had other people outside the program in their ear, they didn't listen to their teammates and the Arkansas coaches.
They weren't happy and decided to transfer.

You reap what you sow.  They'll find that out the hard way.  I think Hall really hurt himself by making this move.

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2018, 11:28:36 pm »

You reap what you sow.  They'll find that out the hard way.  I think Hall really hurt himself by making this move.

I certainly don't see how he could have possibly helped himself.

Dominicanhog

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2018, 02:59:15 am »

I certainly don't see how he could have possibly helped himself.

I agree, just don't see the benefit for the kid.. but he needs to find happiness and if moving on is what it takes, so be it...

southeasthog

• Resident Inspector
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2018, 06:04:35 am »

Dont beliece me check Porkeds posts. Even he acknowledges there were issues off the court. Heís been anti mike and admits Hall had problems.

I went back through February on Porked Tongues posts and didn't see any references to Hall on problems off the court. 

ShadowHawg

« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2018, 07:55:27 am »

How people respond to correction has a lot more to do with it than the actual offense.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2018, 07:56:26 am »

Porked gets some things wrong as well, I believe he will tell yíall that. 

The Hogfather

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I love lamp...
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2018, 10:14:29 am »

I agree, just don't see the benefit for the kid.. but he needs to find happiness and if moving on is what it takes, so be it...

I can almost guarantee that he will not be any happier.  He hurt himself and will figure out that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  By then, other players will have passed him by.  Unfortunate because he could've helped us and helped himself this upcoming season.

TuCanSam

• Band Nerd
« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2018, 10:47:26 am »

what happened to Penny not hurting Arkansas??? Lots of people said Arkansas would not feel the Hardaway hire. Arkansas feels it within the first month

The Hogfather

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I love lamp...
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2018, 11:02:14 am »

what happened to Penny not hurting Arkansas??? Lots of people said Arkansas would not feel the Hardaway hire. Arkansas feels it within the first month

I know it has been said that he's headed to Memphis, but have they announced it officially yet?

Letsroll1200

« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2018, 11:42:11 am »

I know it has been said that he's headed to Memphis, but have they announced it officially yet?

I don't see Hall going to Memphis right now.

WeHogs

• Band Nerd
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2018, 11:58:43 am »

Dude we kept two guys that got caught handing out fake money. Hall might have had some issues but that isnít why he is no longer at Arkansas. If he wanted to stay he would still be here.

WeHogs

• Band Nerd
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2018, 12:01:41 pm »

I don't see Hall going to Memphis right now.

Iím not sure I do either anymore. Memphis is getting better players. There 2018 class will end up being ranked higher than ours and Penny is doing it in less than a month

FineAsSwine

• Hogville think tank
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2018, 12:52:59 pm »

Iím not sure I do either anymore. Memphis is getting better players. There 2018 class will end up being ranked higher than ours and Penny is doing it in less than a month

Hogville has said that Hall is an NBA player so how can Memphis turn him down?

Letsroll1200

« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2018, 04:23:35 pm »

They only have one scholarship left. D. Hall will end up playing somewhere like Louisiana Tech or Western Kentucky.

Dominicanhog

« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2018, 04:25:24 pm »

They only have one scholarship left. D. Hall will end up playing somewhere like Louisiana Tech or Western Kentucky.

UALR?

azhog10

« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2018, 05:40:08 pm »

Penny started working on this class more than a month ago.......

sadhogfan

• Senior
  • Injecting reason into HV discussions since 2007.
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2018, 05:57:57 pm »

If Hall ends up at UALR or something similar, I really struggle to understand how this could possibly be construed as a decision that makes sense for him, from a basketball perspective.

HoopS

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2018, 09:10:22 pm »

If Hall ends up at UALR or something similar, I really struggle to understand how this could possibly be construed as a decision that makes sense for him, from a basketball perspective.
if he had people in his ear about one and done and believed them, then nothing would surprise me.

Letsroll1200

« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2018, 02:36:27 pm »

Hall will be visiting DePaul April 22. DePaul!

liljo

• Senior
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2018, 02:55:09 pm »

How people respond to correction has a lot more to do with it than the actual offense.

Exactly right.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2018, 03:28:28 pm »

Which has won as many NCs as we have.............they have fallen farther since then than we have though.

Rock City Razorback

• Senior
  • Gotta love that helmet!
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2018, 03:44:05 pm »

hahahahahaha

mjsphd

• Varsity
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2018, 04:15:04 pm »

Exactly right.

Hope he owns a warm coat.

The Hogfather

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I love lamp...
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2018, 04:29:29 pm »

So dumb.  Either he is the dumbest individual in history or there was something else going on (non-basketball related) that caused both to just part ways. 

BannerMountainMan

• WPS
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2018, 04:32:18 pm »

He thinks heís a one and done, surely he will get his 25 shots a games next year at DePaul going 28% from 3 but averaging 12 points a game, surely worthy of a top 60 pick

The Hogfather

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I love lamp...
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2018, 04:33:33 pm »

He thinks he’s a one and done, surely he will get his 25 shots a games next year at DePaul going 28% from 3 but averaging 12 points a game, surely worthy of a top 60 pick

That can't be all there is to it if he is willing to transfer to a shizzy program like DePaul, with much less NBA attention, to sit out for a year, then play a year, guaranteeing he'll be in college for AT LEAST 3 years.

Letsroll1200

« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2018, 05:09:08 pm »

Which has won as many NCs as we have.............they have fallen farther since then than we have though.

2004 was the last tournament appearance

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2018, 05:23:32 pm »

Well, he's gone so no use arguing over that.
But now...UALR makes as much sense as anything.
New coach, Darrell Walker, with perceived new enthusiasm for the program, and chance to come back home to LR. Why not?
UALR is a D-1 program, too.
They were in the NCAAs two years ago, and could conceivably be there again.
Walker has spots to fill, too. Several of them.

Hall to UALR makes the most sense to me.

MakingPlays

• Varsity
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2018, 05:23:47 pm »

So dumb.  Either he is the dumbest individual in history or there was something else going on (non-basketball related) that caused both to just part ways.

I doubt both parties agreed to it, CMA was on Bo's show earlier today saying how he still doesn't understand why he would transfer.  I never seen CMA come off so salty about a transfer, you could tell this one hurt him a little bit.  But, you could also tell he wasn't going to beg him to stay either.

At this point it's pretty obvious that the rumors of him just wanting to go somewhere and be the man were true.  Apparently he's looking for a spot to go do that and become the one and done player there he thought he should have been here.   But, it's still so confusing to me, because he could have played in front of NBA scouts at almost every game next year and been the #2 guy, but he'd rather go somewhere like DePaul to be the #1 guy and play most of his games on ESPN3 in front of 0 NBA scouts.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas