• 395,980 Topics
• 22,376 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would happen if NCAA schools started paying MBB and football players?  (Read 2462 times)

Cinco de Hogo

I got a better ideal, why don’t ya’ll go watch pro sports.  What give you the right to come down here on our planet and change our sport into your ugly likeness?

oldfart

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!

you got to pay them equally, too.

regardless of whether the top 64 withdraw and form their own leagues Title IX is still going to be in effect....

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

k.c.hawg

Emmert said in a recent interview their is zero interest among member institutions to turn players into employees at any point. You can rule this out, not happening.....tens of millions of dollars at risk for Universities once they go down that road. 

okrazorback

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

I guess they would have to start charging them for their education.

East Clintwood

I would start watching a lot more Division II and III games.

Paid Dvision I teams would be just like NFL/NBA teams only not as good.  I don't have near the passion for pro teams as I do for college teams so I would be very disappointed if this happens.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.

I would start watching a lot more Division II and III games.

Paid Dvision I teams would be just like NFL/NBA teams only not as good.  I don't have near the passion for pro teams as I do for college teams so I would be very disappointed if this happens.

Really? Who is going to televise dII and dIII games. Wh is going to pay to advertise during those games. Watch in person? Ok. I live in FS, we have UAFS gym literally 10 mins from my house, and I have gone to 2 games there ever and both of those were with a group my youngest was in. You may have interest in dII or dIII ball but most people do not.

k.c.hawg

I wouldn't worry about it. The NCAA is in the process of pushing back to solidify amateurism and the cost/value of the education rather than paying. They know the cost of paying players would be 25% of their actual cost, by going down that road. They also know television revenue streams have peaked out and are heading back down. There might be cola's to the stipends they are paying now but turning players to employees will ruin the game and they know it.

East Clintwood

Really? Who is going to televise dII and dIII games. Wh is going to pay to advertise during those games. Watch in person? Ok. I live in FS, we have UAFS gym literally 10 mins from my house, and I have gone to 2 games there ever and both of those were with a group my youngest was in. You may have interest in dII or dIII ball but most people do not.

I have an interest in non-professional games.

Have you looked at the current offerings in streamed games?  Many D2/D3 games are already streamed, moreso for football than BB, but still, they are available.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.

I have an interest in non-professional games.

Have you looked at the current offerings in streamed games?  Many D2/D3 games are already streamed, moreso for football than BB, but still, they are available.

I know that, I watch baseball games of a small school in Oklahoma because one of the players is the son of one of my close friends.  Like I said, you may watch them, parents/family of the players may watch them, but ESPN is not going to spend $ to televise them ( except the playoffs like they do now ).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas