• 10,015,822 Posts
• 401,468 Topics
• 22,977 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jay Wright  (Read 4751 times)

hobhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Jay Wright
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2018, 08:34:03 pm »

It seems like once a team makes the Sweet 16, they become a relevant program nationally. People mention a&m way more than Arkansas because of the two Sweet 16 runs Billy Kennedy has had there.

Would anyone like to actually argue that Mike Anderson has not underachieved at Arkansas? I've mentioned it a few times and have gotten no response. A coach with a Sweet 16 at UAB and an Elite 8 at Mizzou, in 7 years only has two 2nd round exits and a 1st round exit.

I don't think you will find many people who think he has achieved what he was hired to do, including him. Next year will be very telling.

Arazorbackguy1

« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2018, 09:42:58 pm »

Jarius Wright, right?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:36:05 pm by Arazorbackguy1 »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

steveaustin69

« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2018, 09:17:22 am »

You say I am not being rational but you really want to say the gap in recruiting is equal? Nova has 3 3stars on their roster with the lowest being rated an 87. Arkansas has 6 3 stars and the lowest rated is an 83. The highest rated 3 star was an 89 in Garland who obviously hasn't been able to even dress up. Nova had a 90 3star which is right on the verge of being a 4 star. Nova also has 2 5 stars while Arkansas has 0. Hall, whom everyone is up in arms over was a 3 star. Arkansas next recruiting class is much better adding 2 4 stars, 3 if you count Chaney who is right on the cusp and then a couple three stars that are all ranked 88 or higher. Every player coming in is ranked ahead of Gabe, Bailey, CJ, Hall, Trey, and equal to or better than Garland.

So we aren't close to being where Villanova is, but we are getting closer after this class gets here. So we were worlds away from being at a level of Nova, but Mike has done a great job recently of raising the bar with the talent he is bringing in.

1. Please point me to where I said you were being irrational.

2. Please reread what I said: "However, I don't feel the gap in recruiting is equal to the difference in success." In other words: the difference between Arkansas' recruiting and Villanova's recruiting =/= the difference between Arkansas' achievements and Villanova's achievements.

I literally said in the sentence before the above quote that I never stated I thought Arkansas and Villanova were equal in talent.

If you want evidence of why it does not take 7 years to start "building" look no further than Jay Wright's opponent Monday night.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2018, 09:29:09 am »

If you want evidence of why it does not take 7 years to start "building" look no further than Jay Wright's opponent Monday night.

To me, that is the thing that bugs me most about the Hogs situation. Going into year 8 we hear " Mike is finally getting his type of recruits ". Translated, the instate group is the kind of player Mike wants, AND no other p5 teams are really interested. The only one that was of regional/national interest ended up going to MSU ( the reason does not matter, the fact is he was the only one of the in state group that garnered that type of interest ).

So, going into year 8, Mike is finally getting a group of kids that is going to come in around 30th in the nation as a class, and is not going to close the talent gap with the top of the sec, as they continue to recruit better as well.

Hoggish1

« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2018, 10:37:33 am »

Would you trade Jay Wright for Mike?

azhog10

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorback Basketball on the rise!
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2018, 10:41:01 am »

Yes, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Jay didn't have the same results and "underachieved" compared to Andersons numbers. Jay is a NE guy and has good connections in those areas. Not sure he could come down here and do what he's done at Nova. But I wouldn't mind the trade to see how it plays out.

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2018, 10:44:34 am »

Busta_Nutt

« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2018, 10:46:27 am »

Hell I'd trade Mike for Jarius Wright.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2018, 06:30:16 pm »

MA is like the pudding skin at the end of a long day at a Golden Corral compared to Jay Wright.

hawgball40

« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2018, 07:56:11 pm »

Only if he could bring his recruiting ability with him. because without that the results will be similar.

steveaustin69

« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2018, 08:04:19 pm »

Only if he could bring his recruiting ability with him. because without that the results will be similar.

hawgball40

« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2018, 09:27:16 pm »

its hard to be humble when you can't cope with the thought of being wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas