• 9,890,385 Posts
• 398,402 Topics
• 22,823 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Basketball Tournament - Arkansas Alumni Team  (Read 15381 times)

kkelley2012

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: The Basketball Tournament - Arkansas Alumni Team
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2018, 01:04:10 pm »

A plus for the team getting into the tourney is their booster, Keith Kelly, promoted a different team last year and they were the top vote getting team. His already doing a great job now. Arkansas is already over 200 supporters over the closest team.

Kelley*   :D

yraciv

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2018, 02:45:31 pm »

Kelley*   :D

Glad to have you on board! Should be a fun run this summer!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

yraciv

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2018, 05:00:25 pm »

In another polarizing player move, Rotbei Clarke has been added to replace Fortson.

hawgball40

• All-American Hogvillian
  • #wps4life
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2018, 09:29:55 pm »

In another polarizing player move, Rotbei Clarke has been added to replace Fortson.
hmm. this roster is not looking as strong as it once did. on the bright side, if he can still hit the 3, clarke might be an asset.

Hawg Red

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2018, 12:30:28 pm »

hmm. this roster is not looking as strong as it once did. on the bright side, if he can still hit the 3, clarke might be an asset.

People like Rotnei Clarke donít stop being able to shoot.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2018, 01:55:33 pm »

People like Rotnei Clarke donít stop being able to shoot.
are you sure? I donít think he made one 3 point shot his fourth year at Arkansas

rzrbackramsfan

• "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2018, 02:24:53 pm »

Im gonna come right out and say it, I wish Jacorrey wasnít on the team.

yraciv

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2018, 03:54:11 pm »

He may not be Fortson, but Rotnei has put together a solid pro career. He is currently starting and averaging 17 pts a game in the top Italian pro league, and has had many 20 pts per game years in Australia.

Put him on the same team as Dusty Hannahs, and it should be fun to watch.  I'm not sure if this team can win the championship without Fortson, but they still should be very good & fun to watch.

yraciv

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2018, 03:56:13 pm »

Im gonna come right out and say it, I wish Jacorrey wasnít on the team.

I'll admit Jacorey the Razorback was not my favorite, and drove me crazy to watch.  That being said, the Jacorey I saw at Middle Tennessee and in the g league this year, can help this team win games.

rzrbackramsfan

• "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2018, 11:33:17 pm »

I'll admit Jacorey the Razorback was not my favorite, and drove me crazy to watch.  That being said, the Jacorey I saw at Middle Tennessee and in the g league this year, can help this team win games.

I feel ya, but everything from how he played, to his broken a shot, to his throwing a shoe, to what got him kicked off the team. 

Iíll watch but cringe every time heís in the game and called a ďRazorbackĒ

Pork Twain

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2018, 01:33:48 am »

Wish this would have happened 20 years ago.

Hawg Red

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2018, 08:44:25 am »

are you sure? I donít think he made one 3 point shot his fourth year at Arkansas

You're right, he didn't. He was too busy hitting 115 3s for Butler that year (more than any one season at Arkansas -- while also nearly doubling his assists).

nwahogfan1

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2018, 09:07:26 pm »

He may not be Fortson, but Rotnei has put together a solid pro career. He is currently starting and averaging 17 pts a game in the top Italian pro league, and has had many 20 pts per game years in Australia.

Put him on the same team as Dusty Hannahs, and it should be fun to watch.  I'm not sure if this team can win the championship without Fortson, but they still should be very good & fun to watch.

Clarke was a favorite of mine so I followed him at Butler.  He made a smart move to Butler because Mike is not a coach that schemes for a shooter.  If you can not get your own shot then your out of luck.

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2018, 11:53:57 pm »

We really really missed him his senior when he got kicked off. Was about to take a big leap.

yraciv

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2018, 08:30:17 am »

Clarke was a favorite of mine so I followed him at Butler.  He made a smart move to Butler because Mike is not a coach that schemes for a shooter.  If you can not get your own shot then your out of luck.

Clarke is a great player that no one should fault for transferring out. He just saw the writing on the wall not being able to run the point his SR year with Anderson, and not making the tournament.  As we all know, Butler has been a stronger program than us for the last decade, he got to run the point, and go to the NCAA tournament.

Hawg Red

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2018, 08:34:51 am »

Clarke is a great player that no one should fault for transferring out. He just saw the writing on the wall not being able to run the point his SR year with Anderson, and not making the tournament.  As we all know, Butler has been a stronger program than us for the last decade, he got to run the point, and go to the NCAA tournament.

I think most fans could get over the transfer if he hadn't of run to Jeff Goodman claiming that Mike wouldn't release him. And I don't know what really happen, so maybe that's how it really went down, but that kind of put Mike in a bad light right out of the gate and I think that's what most fans were upset about whether it was a legit complaint or not. He has to be happy with his senior season, though.

MakingPlays

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2018, 10:55:02 am »

LOL, what evidence do you have to support that?  Because I seen Dusty Hannahs lead the team in scoring 2 years in a row here at Arkansas and scored over 1,000 points in just 2 years, while shooting over 40% from 3 during his career here.  The fast paced system actually favors shooters because you're going to get a lot of quick shots in fast breaks and CMA gives his players freedom to shoot and make plays and doesn't micromanage their shots.  You have no idea what you're talking about.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2018, 11:57:58 am »

LOL, what evidence do you have to support that?  Because I seen Dusty Hannahs lead the team in scoring 2 years in a row here at Arkansas and scored over 1,000 points in just 2 years, while shooting over 40% from 3 during his career here.  The fast paced system actually favors shooters because you're going to get a lot of quick shots in fast breaks and CMA gives his players freedom to shoot and make plays and doesn't micromanage their shots.  You have no idea what you're talking about.

Glad you posted this , I was thinking, he can't be serious. Barford (decent creator) 4th in the league in 3's, Macon more of a spot up shooter 5th in 3's in 17/18. Hannahs 4th in league, Macon 8th in 16/17, Bell 3rd in league, Hannahs 5th in 15/16, Bell 6th in league in 14/15, Madden and Bell both had 50 each and tied for 18th in 13/14, Mardracus Wade 5th in the league in 11/12.

The 11/12 team Wade had 70 and was 5th, no doubt in my mind if Rotnei had stuck around he would have been top 3 in the league with 100 plus. No animosity towards Rotnei, playing at Butler would be cool for anyone but the first thing I thought when Mike got hired was RC would have more open looks than he would know what to do with.

yraciv

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2018, 11:59:44 am »

Dusty Hannahs is a more athletic player, who can run and is better at creating his own shot, which Mike's system rewards.  Not that Clarke was a pure spotup shooter because he could create a little too, but Hannah's athleticism helped him thrive in Mike's system. Being in a system that didn't run as much, and gave Clarke ballhandling abilities helped his career.

Yes I feel Rotnei would have averaged 16 or 18 so a game here in his Sr. year by getting some open looks in transition, but Butler's style of play was a better fit for what he was looking for. He needed to develop an overall game for a year under a coach that fits his style better before going pro.

This is not a knock on Anderson who I think would have been better for his development than Pel ever was, but Butler was the better fit.

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2018, 12:14:32 pm »

Dusty Hannahs is a more athletic player, who can run and is better at creating his own shot, which Mike's system rewards.  Not that Clarke was a pure spotup shooter because he could create a little too, but Hannah's athleticism helped him thrive in Mike's system. Being in a system that didn't run as much, and gave Clarke ballhandling abilities helped his career.

Yes I feel Rotnei would have averaged 16 or 18 so a game here in his Sr. year by getting some open looks in transition, but Butler's style of play was a better fit for what he was looking for. He needed to develop an overall game for a year under a coach that fits his style better before going pro.

This is not a knock on Anderson who I think would have been better for his development than Pel ever was, but Butler was the better fit.

Rotnei was always an overseas player. He wouldíve killed it in MAís system.

kkelley2012

• Band Nerd
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2018, 12:35:27 pm »

Rotnei was always an overseas player. He wouldíve killed it in MAís system.

Yessir!!!

Champs04

• Varsity
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2018, 01:50:01 pm »

I saw Dusty Hannahs over at Rotneis dads business in Springdale Arkansas last night doing shooting lessons. He said that there is going to be a Dusty Hannahs,Rotnei Clarke shooting camp in May or first week of June.

kkelley2012

• Band Nerd
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2018, 02:30:22 pm »

I saw Dusty Hannahs over at Rotneis dads business in Springdale Arkansas last night doing shooting lessons. He said that there is going to be a Dusty Hannahs,Rotnei Clarke shooting camp in May or first week of June.

Should be a nice turnout.

Foshodo

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2018, 05:40:22 am »

Wish this would have happened 20 years ago.

14 years ago... the Rimrockers

hawgball40

• #wps4life
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2018, 12:02:48 pm »

he was out of control and reckless as ever at MTSU. The definition of a player who gets by on athleticism lol. Athletic, but completely unskilled at everything even his dunking looks mechanical an awkward. He was fun to watch though just because of his freakish athletic ability and his enthusiastic effort on defense. he really was a hard worker, just not skilled.

Pork Twain

« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2018, 10:39:53 am »

14 years ago... the Rimrockers
I am talking two of the best groups ever to play as hogs, 1991-1995

Todd Day
Oliver Miller
Lee Mayberry
Scotty Thurman
Corliss Williamson
Corey Beck
Clint McDaniel
Darnell Robinson
Dwight Stewart
Darrell Hawkins
Alex Dillard

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2018, 09:06:01 pm »

Yep good points sir. Clarke had a following that I didn't understand.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2018, 11:27:51 pm »

Hannahs >>> Fauxhawg

KlubhouseKonnected

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2018, 02:06:13 am »

You're right, he didn't. He was too busy hitting 115 3s for Butler that year (more than any one season at Arkansas -- while also nearly doubling his assists).

Then why is he not playing for Butlerís alumni team?

Porked Tongue

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2018, 07:36:29 am »

Too many players that didn't finish their careers as Hogs.

Pass.

Too many of those camps and Faux's prior camps involve a lot of just standing around w/o hands on coaching.

Hawg Red

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2018, 10:27:46 am »

Then why is he not playing for Butlerís alumni team?

No clue. Also don't care. But the dude can shoot the rock.

Hawg Red

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2018, 10:33:46 am »

No clue. Also don't care. But the dude can shoot the rock.

I guess I cared enough to check the field and there doesn't appear to be a Butler alumni team. At least not one that is eligible or labeled as the Butler alumni team.

kkelley2012

• Band Nerd
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2018, 06:23:54 pm »

I guess I cared enough to check the field and there doesn't appear to be a Butler alumni team. At least not one that is eligible or labeled as the Butler alumni team.

Don't think there has even been a Butler alum team.

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2018, 12:46:35 pm »

I wonder what these teams would look like if they were really limited to alumni. How many CBB players get their degree?

k.c.hawg

« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2018, 03:00:34 pm »

I wonder what these teams would look like if they were really limited to alumni. How many CBB players get their degree?

Most schools are very quick to claim someone as an alumni that has achieved, graduate or not. Texas quickly claims Michael Dell and David Geffen. West coast schools all the tech guys. The basketball blue bloods, their one and done players. Many of Arkansas's best athletes get their degrees long after their playing days are over. 

niels_boar

• Senior
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2018, 03:33:02 pm »

I really want to have it explained how Wade, Bell, Madden, and Hannahs are skilled at creating their own perimeter shot.  They all had years where they converted over 40% of their treys on over 125 attempts.

ShadowHawg

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2018, 12:35:16 pm »

He was a jerk. He hung us out to dry with the way he left. Said he was staying then waited until it was too late to replace him with a warm body to decide again to leave for good.

Leaving wasnít the bad thing, the way he did it was pretty crappy for a 22 year old young man.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2018, 01:13:36 pm »

I think what he did was proved he couldn't run the point. 90 assists to 94 turnovers!! FG% went down, 3 pt % went down. Proved he probably should have just stayed off the ball.

Porked Tongue

« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2018, 05:02:06 pm »

It was only the 4th time he threatened to leave.  More to it with a deep dive.

greasy_corner

« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2018, 09:19:00 pm »

Too many players that didn't finish their careers as Hogs.

Pass.

Too many of those camps and Faux's prior camps involve a lot of just standing around w/o hands on coaching.

No kidding...Clark can do what he wants, but I sure as hell ain't going to support him, his local money grabbing endeavors, or this team.

As an aside, I actually took the time yesterday to look up the "Top Fan" for this "AR Alumni" team.  Some random money grabber kid from NY.  This Kelly guy is probably similar.   

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2018, 08:50:41 pm »

Seems like I heard a rumor that the new guys were schooling his ass at the HPER and he tucked tail and r-u-n-o-f-f-t.

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2018, 08:57:25 pm »

Probably more I know what the talk around his uncle and family was about Pelphrey. Not a fan of Rotnei or his gang. Really badmouthed Arkansas and I mean when he was at Arkansas.

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2018, 08:58:19 pm »

No kidding...Clark can do what he wants, but I sure as hell ain't going to support him, his local money grabbing endeavors, or this team.

As an aside, I actually took the time yesterday to look up the "Top Fan" for this "AR Alumni" team.  Some random money grabber kid from NY.  This Kelly guy is probably similar.

Very good post!

yraciv

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2018, 02:12:09 pm »

Say what you will about Clarke, and his family meddling in his college career. There was a lot going on there, and at the point we got a new coach I actually felt it was best they breakup.

Your other point is very valid when it comes to TBT and seems to have a money grabbing feel with the fans. Yes I think there is a high level of basketball played, and yes any bracket competition with former Hogs I'll watch. That being said, the leading fan from New York is clearly just wants a piece of the pie, and probably has never stepped foot in Bud Walton.

That being said, Keith is from Arkansas and I believe is in grad school at UCA. He is a Hog fan who is doing his part to help out it appears.

kkelley2012

• Band Nerd
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2018, 06:01:10 pm »

Say what you will about Clarke, and his family meddling in his college career. There was a lot going on there, and at the point we got a new coach I actually felt it was best they breakup.

Your other point is very valid when it comes to TBT and seems to have a money grabbing feel with the fans. Yes I think there is a high level of basketball played, and yes any bracket competition with former Hogs I'll watch. That being said, the leading fan from New York is clearly just wants a piece of the pie, and probably has never stepped foot in Bud Walton.

That being said, Keith is from Arkansas and I believe is in grad school at UCA. He is a Hog fan who is doing his part to help out it appears.

Thanks for the support yravic, I graduated from UCA with my Master's Degree this past Saturday. I don't even feel like commenting in regard to what that guy said about money grabbing. If you really knew me and my background, you might think otherwise and it's "Kelley". And I can speak for the NY guy, he's never stepped foot in BWA but had the determination to help us make this event possible.

MakingPlays

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2018, 09:38:56 am »

Seems like I heard a rumor that the new guys were schooling his ass at the HPER and he tucked tail and r-u-n-o-f-f-t.

I actually heard this as well at the time. 

But, back to the topic. I'm looking forward to watching this team play.  I always watched that tournament and hoped Arkansas would get a team together, and props to all those guys that organized it they put together a very competitive team that I think will have a good chance to win it all.

Porked Tongue

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2018, 02:11:30 pm »

You probably heard that from me.  That was definitely part of it.

Champs04

• Varsity
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2018, 02:26:00 pm »

Heard from all his D1 offers Anderson never recruited him, so why put your senior season in someones hands that never did? Makes sense to me.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2018, 09:33:30 pm »

You probably heard that from me.  That was definitely part of it.
Thought so...

yraciv

« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2018, 04:20:45 pm »

Keith,

Couple questions on the team.

1. Do you know why they chose to compete in the NY region?

2. Is the gofundme a common thing for teams to raise money? Why would pro basketball players need funding to go give this  a run?

I know G League salaries are low, but I'm thinking most of these guys can pay their own way for a weekend trip or two. And Ronnie could likely cover anyone who can't.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas