Pages:
Actions
  • #101 by jbcarol on 29 Nov 2017
  • Annie Costabile‏Verified account @AnnieCostabile

Dan Mullen is targeting a couple top recruits from #StateTeam18 but will they flip?

State's recruiting class, ranked 15th in the county, is going to have to hold off a challenge from its former coach.

Former wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales, announced Tuesday as having taken the same position with Dan Mullen at Florida, spent the day in Mississippi targeting Callaway wide receiver Malik Heath and Hinds Community College wide receiver Stephen Guidry.

“Now I feel like I’m all the way back at my ninth grade year when they first started recruiting me," Heath said. "All the schools started offering me then and I don’t know what’s going to happen now since Dan Mullen left."
  • #102 by jbcarol on 30 Nov 2017
  • 3-star '18 Pennsylvania OT Chris Bleich gave a verbal to UF
  • #103 by jbcarol on 05 Dec 2017
  • Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Jalynn Williams de-commits from Florida Gators

Jalynn Williams is back on the market.

The 3-star athlete from St. Petersburg, Fla., de-committed from Florida on Monday, announcing the move on Twitter.

Williams committed to the Gators in January and was projected to play receiver or cornerback in college. Auburn is recruiting him strictly as a corner and he officially visited the Tigers last month.

Florida now has 15 members in its 2018 class, which is still ranked No. 10 nationally despite recent defections.
  • #104 by jbcarol on 16 Dec 2017

Matt Corral de-commitment hurts Florida’s chances of signing a top class

4-star quarterback from Long Beach, Calif., flipped to Ole Miss on Thursday after officially visiting the Rebels last weekend. Florida’s 2018 class — once ranked No. 7 in the country — is now 32nd nationally with the loss of Corral...

Gators have the potential to work their way back up with several top targets and uncommitted recruits remaining on their board. However, attracting and landing those prospects — particularly on offense — will be harder without Corral in the class.

He’s a big reason why the Gators were in the top 10 earlier this year. His commitment to Florida in late July set off a domino effect and influenced decisions... Corral became the leader of Florida’s class and encouraged commits to stick with UF during the coaching changes.

Not only do the Gators have to replace Corral at quarterback, but they need to find a new leader for their 2018 class. It’s not easy to land an elite quarterback who recruits know and want to play with.

• #105 by jbcarol on 17 Dec 2017

WR Tyquan Thornton flips commitment from Florida to Baylor

Florida has lost another member of its 2018 recruiting class.

Tyquan Thornton, a 4-star wide receiver from Miami, flipped his commitment Saturday from Florida to Baylor. Thornton was scheduled to officially visit Florida this weekend, but did not make the trip to Gainesville.

This is Thornton’s second pledge to Baylor. The Bears landed him in late March, but he reopened his recruitment two months later and committed to the Gators on July 24. The coaching changes opened the door for Baylor to get back in the mix, and Thornton officially visited the school on Dec. 1.

With the loss of Thornton, the Gators currently have 11 members in their 2018 class.  He  is the 10th recruit to de-commit from Florida since coach Jim McElwain’s departure. The other defections include 4-star WRs Jacob Copeland and Ja’Marr Chase. Corey Gammage is now Florida’s only pledge at the position.

The top targets for the Gators are Copeland, and two other 4-star wide receivers — Anthony Schwartz and Tommy Bush
  • #106 by jbcarol on 20 Dec 2017
  •  Zach Abolverdi‏Verified account @ZachAbolverdi
    2h2 hours ago

Told my wife that Florida flipped a quarterback from Ohio State today.

“What was the sell, no snow?”

She is from Ohio.

SEC Country Florida‏Verified account @SECCountryUF

Florida’s 2018 class gets back on track with the signing of QB Emory Jones http://sec.news/2COkKmd  #GatorNation
  • #107 by jbcarol on 20 Dec 2017
  •  SEC Country Florida‏Verified account @SECCountryUF
    3h3 hours ago

Dan Mullen reflects on how Florida’s early signing class came together in short window http://sec.news/2COz7ai  #GatorNation

Florida announced 13 signees Wednesday, including eight early enrollees who will move to campus next month.

After dropping as low as No. 36 in the 247Sports composite recruiting ranking with the de-commitments that eventually followed the coaching change, the Gators moved back up to No. 14 with their early signing class and can still improve on that further by the traditional February signing period.

Headlining the class was 4-star quarterback Emory Jones, the No. 4-rated dual-threat QB in the Class of 2018, who flipped from his commitment to Ohio State while also choosing the Gators over Florida State and Alabama.
  • #108 by jbcarol on 18 Jan 2018
  • 2019 signing class for Florida has lost a commitment on Wednesday night from 3-star safety/outside linebacker Marcus Tillman Jr.

Tillman does not mention current Gators coach Dan Mullen in his message, but did send out a message on Twitter after Jim McElwain, who recruited him, was dismissed in October.
  • #109 by jbcarol on 22 Jan 2018
  • '18 4-star WR Justin Watkins gave a verbal to the Gators.
  • #110 by jbcarol on 23 Jan 2018

Elite WR recruit John Dunmore de-commits from Florida

“I understand this will burn bridges, and create so much tension between me and the people of Florida,” Dunmore wrote. “But what I hope is that you find it in your heart to understand that I have people that depend on me for their well-being.”

Dunmore had been committed to Florida since April 8, 2017. He’s from Hollywood, Fla., and is a 4-star prospect and the No. 25 overall WR...

This is a tough blow for Florida’s 2019 recruiting class, which was once ranked No. 1 nationally. Dunmore is the eighth 2019 prospect to de-commit from the Gators since the coaching change. His departure drops the Gators to No. 14 in the team rankings.

Dunmore will likely have his pick of SEC programs. He already holds offers from Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Tennessee.
  • #111 by jbcarol on 02 Feb 2018

• Kirby O'Meara
    ‏ @KirbyOMeara
    Jan 26

After 4 great seasons working at Arkansas, I have accepted a position with @GatorsFB in recruiting. My wife and I loved our time in Fayetteville and I couldn't be more thankful for the opportunities I was given there. I'm excited about the future here in Gainesville! #GoGators
  • #112 by jbcarol on 07 Feb 2018
  • Andrew Chatfield is a Gator.
  • #113 by bhogs05 on 07 Feb 2018
  • <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=22357628&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>
  • #114 by TexasRazorback on 07 Feb 2018
  • Reminded me of when Alex Collin's mom took his NLI and ran
  • #115 by Virgil on 07 Feb 2018
  • I hate when parents take away a kids accomplishment like that.  Pretty dang selfish.
  • #116 by jbcarol on 07 Feb 2018
  • https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-jacob-copeland-commits

Zach Abolverdi with more on the Jacob Copeland commit.
  • #117 by jbcarol on 07 Feb 2018
  • #118 by jbcarol on 25 Feb 2018

In-state WR Dionte Marks commits to Florida Gators

Gators received more good news from 3-star wide receiver Dionte Marks (Deland, Fla.), who made his pledge on Saturday night after visiting campus.

Marks received an offer last Tuesday from Florida coach Dan Mullen and wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales. He also held early offers from UCF and West Virginia.

The Gators now have five members in their 2019 with addition of Marks and 3-star linebacker Jammal Abrams, who also committed on Saturday.
  • #119 by jbcarol on 28 Mar 2018
  • '19 Clearwater 3-star OT Ethan White gave a verbal to Florida.
  • #120 by jbcarol on 31 Mar 2018
  • #121 by jbcarol on 07 Apr 2018
  • Michael Carvell
    ‏ @Michael_Carvell
    2m2 minutes ago

Florida lands nation’s No. 10 dual-threat QB Jalon Jones

Gators hosted the Baltimore signal caller for an unofficial visit on Friday and he decided to pull the trigger after returning home from his trip Saturday.

“I called Coach [Dan] Mullen about an hour ago and told him,” Jones told SEC Country.
  • #122 by jbcarol on 28 Apr 2018

• Zach Abolverdi
    ‏Verified account @ZachAbolverdi

With 4-star LB Tyron Hopper committing Thursday, #Gators have landed two ESPN 300 recruits in the last three weeks. Hopper is also a Top247 member.

Tyron Hopper, a 4-star outside linebacker out of Roswell, Ga., has decided to play for Dan Mullen and the Gators.

Hopper, who is listed at 6-foot-2 and 209 pounds, is No. 22 outside linebacker and the No. 332 prospect in the Class of 2019.

Hopper becomes the ninth commitment for the Gators’ upcoming signing class, which is ranked No. 8 in the SEC and No. 15 nationally.

Florida landed its quarterback commitment for the class in 4-star dual-threat option Jalon James.
  • #123 by jbcarol on 10 May 2018
  • #124 by jbcarol on 20 May 2018

• Michael Carvell
    ‏ @Michael_Carvell

WATCH: Florida assistant Ron English gets pranked by elite recruits, takes pie to the face

They make 'em dance and now a pie to the face but what is the real lasting value to these recruits...

That’s a funny prank for the duo — and whoever else was in on it — to pull off. English seemed to take it well, even if he was a bit shocked at first.

Florida is recruiting both players but neither is seen as a UF lean at this point. It’s highly unlikely a prank like this would play into their recruitment, but it might be a greater sign of their general comfort with English and the rest of the staff.

Regardless, don’t expect a commitment from either player anytime soon. As SEC Country’s Zach Abolverdi wrote, Florida’s inaugural recruiting grill-out is focused on building relationships with these players. Abolverdi also reports none of the Gators targeted visitors this weekend are necessarily ready to commit.

• #125 by jbcarol on 06 Jun 2018
  • '19 4-star Mountain View DT Jaelin Humphries gave a verbal to UF.
  • #126 by jbcarol on 03 Jul 2018
  • Mount Dora Christian OLB Josiah Pierre gave a verbal to Florida
  • #127 by jbcarol on 29 Jul 2018
  • '20 Gainesville Eastside .852 DT-QB Anthony Richardson gave a verbal to Gators
  • #128 by jbcarol on 14 Aug 2018
  • ‘19 .89 NOLA CB Warren Kimbrough gave a verbal to UF.
  • #129 by jbcarol on 22 Aug 2018
  • ‘19 Auburn 4-Star OLB Mohamoud Diabate gave a verbal to UF.

Diabate is the #7 player in the state of Alabama.
  • #130 by jbcarol on 05 Sep 2018
  • ‘19 MD .9 OT William Harrod gave a verbal to UF.
  • #131 by jbcarol on 06 Sep 2018
  • '19 Bob Jones .9 CB Jaydon Hill gave a verbal to Gators.
  • #132 by jbcarol on 04 Nov 2018
  • Gervon Dexter a .97-rated '20 DT from Lake Wales has given a verbal to UF.
  • #133 by jbcarol on 11 Nov 2018
  • ‘21 .96-rated Stone Mountain, Georgia ATH Kamar Wilcoxson gave a verbal to UF.
  • #134 by jbcarol on 26 Nov 2018
  • ‘19 Opa Locka 4-star RB Nay’Quan Wright gave a verbal to UF.
  • #135 by jbcarol on 01 Dec 2018
  • ‘20 Dunnellon 4-star ATH Jaquavion Fraziars gave a verbal to UF
  • #136 by jbcarol on 01 Dec 2018
  • ‘21 .98 Vanguard WR Trevonte Rucker gave a verbal to UF
  • #137 by jbcarol on 02 Dec 2018
  • '19 Jacksonville Sandalwood 3-star OG Kingsley Eguakun gave a verbal to UF.

If this sticks, Eguakun will enroll in Gainesville as the second greatest Kingsley to enter the SEC.
  • #138 by jbcarol on 02 Dec 2018
  • '21 .9988-rated WDE Bryce Langston from Ocala Vanguard gave a verbal to Florida joining teammate and classmate Trevonte Rucker.

At this early date, Langston is the #4 player in the 2021 class and one of the top 50 recruits in the current century.
  • #139 by jbcarol on 05 Dec 2018
  • After wracking up some top projected 2021 talent, Florida returns to 2019 with .9 North Marion OT Michael Tarquin giving a verbal to the Gators.
  • #140 by jbcarol on 31 Dec 2019
  • '20 Marietta 4-star Safety Rashad Torrence gave a verbal to UF.

Crystal Ball had him 100% to Bama.
  • #141 by jbcarol on 31 Dec 2019
  • '21 .967 St. Thomas Aquinas 4-star SDE Tyreak Sapp gave a verbal to Gators.
  • #142 by jbcarol on 03 Jan 2019
  • https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/1081003106064838657

WR Arjei Henderson gives a verbal to UF at the UA game
  • #143 by jbcarol on 08 Jan 2019
  • .98 '19 Bellflower CB Chris Steele gave a verbal to UF.
  • #144 by jbcarol on 17 Jan 2019
  • '20 Ocala Vanguard .98+ 4* WR Leonard Manuel gave a verbal to Gators.

#36 overall in the 2020 class.
  • #145 by jbcarol on 24 Jan 2019
  • '21 Miami Northwestern LB Terrence Lewis gave a verbal to UF
  • #146 by jbcarol on 03 Feb 2019
  • Dan Mullen continues to line up commits for future classes:

'20 Tampa Middleton .955 DT Johnnie Brown gave a verbal to UF.
  • #147 by jbcarol on 06 Feb 2019
  • #148 by jbcarol on 13 Feb 2019
  • Florida continues to add to the 2021 class with a verbal from Eau Gallie ATH Dink Jackson
  • #149 by jbcarol on 15 Feb 2019
  • '20 Lakeland Lake Gibson 3-star WDE Morven Joseph gave a verbal to UF (Top 70 in Florida in 2020).
Pages:
Actions