• 396,133 Topics
• 22,373 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harry King Predictions  (Read 4374 times)

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • See if you can guess...what I am now
Re: Harry King Predictions
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2018, 03:23:00 pm »

The team that won FOUR games last year and lost its AA center to the draft, has "enough talent to win 6...no excuses".....?

"Some men, you just can't reach..."

daprospecta

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2018, 03:35:38 pm »

The team that won FOUR games last year and lost its AA center to the draft, has "enough talent to win 6...no excuses".....?

Do you think last year's team was capable of winning more than 4 games? I sure do and I bet most on this board do as well. I will repeat what I said. We have enough TALENT to win six games this year.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2018, 03:44:04 pm »

Absolutely. If you'll remember, Ragnow did not play the last 2 games that the Hogs lost which should have been wins. There were at least 3 SEC losses last year that were very close. Those are very winnable games along with the 4 non-conference games.

Steef

• Idylically living in the Valley of the Cats
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2018, 03:58:04 pm »

Do you think last year's team was capable of winning more than 4 games? I sure do and I bet most on this board do as well. I will repeat what I said. We have enough TALENT to win six games this year.

This sounds like a hope.

But you also said "no excuses", which is a demand.

I do think we gave some talent on this team. But "no excuses" just wipes away very real mitigating circumstances like...

1. Our NEW staff plans for a different kind of game than the talent our previous staff accumulated. Transition could (and probably will) be a factor.

2. We dont have a clear starting QB and the ones we do have arent the type our new coach normally uses.

3. This is not an easy schedule.

All of those are surmountable. But "no excuses" offers no wiggle room.

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2018, 05:34:34 pm »

Using data points from the 50's-90's are irrelavent in my view. The competitive lanscape right now in the division/conference is one that has more talent than ever before.  More money for facilities than ever before.  Schools like those in Mississippi have increased their recruiting profile. The job at the UofA is harder now than any time since joining the SEC. The East appears to be on a resurgence as well.

Is it impossible? No. Is it likely? Probably not.

History does matter when talking about potential. Also, I don't think anyone is suggesting success will be easy. It won't be. However, I don't think it is as unlikely as you would suggest. Having the right coach in place is the difference. When and if we get a coach that gets it done, we better go all out to keep them here and this holds true for any program. Remember the problems Bama had between Stallings and Saban.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2018, 07:56:29 pm »

Sure we could. I don’t particularly like the matchup, either. But I still think we’ll win the game.

There are really no “unwinnable” games on this schedule, although Alabama is pretty close to it. But give Arkansas 6 turnovers and you never know.

A win at Auburn is very unlikely, but we’ve had some very unlikely wins there. And we should be going in with more confidence than these players have had since they got pasted there in 2016. That was easily the tipping point for Bielema, and no one understands what happened that day. Arkansas entered the game 17th against 21st ranked Auburn and left a broken team. The players still on the roster know that. I give them enough credit to think they’ll want to redeem themselves. Even if we don’t win, the Auburn game could be the next major turning point in the football program - this time in the right direction. A hard fought game with a final score in the range Harry King predicts will give this team the confidence that they belong in the SEC West and can compete with anyone. Don’t underestimate these two factors - Chad Morris probably knows how Gus Malzahn thinks as well as anyone in college football, and John Chavis has seen his offense half a dozen times.

A good showing at Auburn could very well translate into a strong performance against A&M. And don’t forget these two things - First, A&M will likely be 2-2 when they face Arkansas coming off a loss at Alabama. They get Clemson two weeks before Alabama. During it’s 6 game winning streak (3 of the last 4 requiring OT), A&M has generally had a soft runway leading up to Arkansas. The exception was in 2016 when the Aggies won at Auburn the week before they beat Arkansas, but that Auburn team wasn’t Alabama that year, or this year. Second, John Chavis probably knows the A&M offensive players better than A&M’s new staff. That will have an impact in the game plan and the film room. It may be a mystery to some why many of us think Arkansas will beat Ole Miss, but it’s a mystery to me why so many automatically place A&M in the loss column.

A 6-3 or 7-2 Arkansas team with an open date and a home game against a very young LSU team that is likely to come in to Fayetteville off a loss to Alabama with a losing record may very well be favored against LSU. A win there could make the last two games very interesting against two opponents with overall talent very similar to ours.

Now, does that mean Arkansas won’t go 5-7 like so many here predict?  Nope. On paper, especially based upon recruiting rankings, maybe that’s a sound prediction. But college football isn’t played on paper. It’s played by 18-22 year old young men. Intangibles and schedules affect the game more than most admit or realize. For the reasons I stated above, that’s why I predict Arkansas will win 8 games this year. I’d like to see someone with Harry King’s experience drill a little deeper the way Orville Henry would have. I think Orville would have seen things much the way I do.

Auburn will have to throw a lot more early on in the season. They lose most of their RB production as well as their starting Center and both Tackles. They return their QB and most of their WR production in terms of receiving yards, though the jury is still out on two ACL injuries to two key players in Stove and Hastings (75 receptions for 890 yds and 4 TD's combined). Stove is more dangerous in the run game (30 for 315 for 10.5 p/carry for 2 TD's).

But their returning front 7 defense is set up better than that of Alabama in terms of returning experience, tackles, TFL and Sacks, and that is quite something to say. They have a chance to be a totally dominant kind of defense in 2018. No wonder Gus was so confident of the defense after the spring game, not so much about the offense, which seems to be a work in progress.

AugustaHog

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2018, 08:05:47 am »

With our schedule, we should be looking at being bowl eligible going into November.  I'm not even being a homer here, it's just that light of a schedule, SEC-wise.  We should beat all 4 OOC teams which are all in Sept. and Oct.  I think we should be favored over Vandy and OM.  I don't see TAMU as some juggernaut.  Jimbo had a more talented team last season at FSU and struggled mightily.  Are they more talented than us, yes.  Do they have a good staff, yes.  I'm not going to fear them based simply off the success he had at FSU.  I think the game is winnable even if we are not favored.  If you somehow win that one and beat OM, you get two shots at bowl eligibility vs. Tulsa and Vandy.  We should win both of those.  Obviously there are land mines on this schedule.  As others have noted, I think you have to be careful with OM.  Luke gets them to play hard and they have some talent.  CSU is one to watch just because it will be CCM's first road game.  I don't see them as a team that's as good as CSU has had in the recent past.  This is one that we should be able to handle, but there will be some doubt from me until I see what we look like.

AugustaHog

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2018, 08:11:33 am »

If you get to November at 6 or 7 Ws, there are 3 winnable games there.  LSU will be more talented than us, as always.  They lose a couple they shouldn't each year under O and maybe we'll be the one to sock them in the mouth this year.  MSU is a good team, but they are so reliant on Fitzgerald that if he's hurt or off his game, they will lose.  Mizzou is not going to be very good.  Lock, when pressured, makes plenty of mistakes.  We've done a poor job of that at times.  I think we can win 2 of those. 

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2018, 08:34:34 am »

I'm sticking with 7-5.

AugustaHog

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2018, 08:52:48 am »

I'm sticking with 7-5.
I think so too.  There are a lot of different ways to get there, IMO.  5-6 of those SEC games are winnable IMO.  Clearly we aren't winning all of those, but I think we get 3 of them and sweep the OOC teams for a solid 7 win regular season.  If we go take care of business in a bowl game, that would be a really solid product for CCM to sell in recruiting.  Ultimately, that's what this season is all about going forward.  We need to convince recruits that we have the ability to go to the next level. 

Steef

• Idylically living in the Valley of the Cats
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2018, 09:03:41 am »

Truth is...none of us really knows.

With the exception of Bama, it is impossible to predict how any of our opponents or ourselves....will do this year. Every team has question marks.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2018, 11:08:41 am »

I don't like the match up with Ole Miss. We could lose that one.

The match up doesn't bother me nearly as much as the schedule.  Any game the week after Bama is a tough game.

NaturalStateReb

• Czar of Arkansas
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2018, 11:18:30 am »

Gotta love Harry King. Always willing to go out on a limb:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jul/06/harry-kings-predictions-2018-season/

He's probably about right on the overall win total.  I figure there's about 6 wins in there.

HF#1

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2018, 11:50:25 am »

Has Harry ever predicted more than 8 wins?

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2018, 06:59:22 pm »

I don't like the match up with Ole Miss. We could lose that one.

I'm not sure about how good their coaching will be and that is the wild card (look at what happened to us) as far as I am concerned. That said, I think that the Ole Miss offense (have't really looked at the defense yet) is really underrated. They return the second most experienced OL in the West, but they lose 70% of their RB rushing yards and 69% of their RB receiving yards from last year. As far as their WR's go, they may lose 542 receiving yards, but they return 2,661 receiving yards. Yes, they have to replace Patterson but Jordan Ta'amu completed 67% of his passes LY and started the last three games of LY including an Egg Bowl win over Miss State. He also was a better rusher than Patterson. As much as everyone made of Patterson, I think this guy could be better.

I'm not a fan of this match-up either. It could be another shoot-out right down to the wire. Certainly not a given win.

Hoggish1

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2018, 09:11:11 am »

Gotta love Harry King. Always willing to go out on a limb:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jul/06/harry-kings-predictions-2018-season/

We are not going to lose the last two games of the year.  He could have predicted wins there and not gotten off the trunk of the tree...

RyanMallettsEgo

• See if you can guess...what I am now
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2018, 09:24:22 am »

We are not going to lose the last two games of the year.  He could have predicted wins there and not gotten off the trunk of the tree...

Why not?

I bet Mississippi State and Mizzou fans feel pretty confident, as they should.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2018, 06:32:59 am »

We "think" that we know what we have to work with for a team this year and we think that we have an idea what other SEC West teams have to work with as well. But what we don't know is how much progress each of those teams is making over the summer or how all of the pieces will come together in fall camp and throughout the season. Some teams may not be as good by the end of the season as they were, or were projected to be, at the start of the season. Still others may start slow and finish a bit faster than expected. Some of that has to do with talent levels and player development and a lot of that has to do with those very critical 6 inches between the ears of the players and staffs of those teams.

During the pre-season we all project and predict the games that we think we will win and those that we may lose and it is fun to discuss returning rosters/experience/starters/coaching changes, etc. Truth is, we don't know what is going to happen with the vast majority of the teams in college football. Oh sure, many of us probably feel that for all intents and purposes that we can be reasonably assured that there are certain teams that will most likely be hanging around the top 5 or 6 in the country by the end of the season. For me that is probably Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia, Washington, maybe Stanford or Oklahoma. Beyond that, who knows? There's a lot of ground to be covered before it all plays out.

I have hopes that Arkansas will improve substantially in the way they play whether that equates to 6, 7 or 8 wins but I can't be sure what we have or how all of that will work out, though I love discussing it in the pre-season. I sure can't say that we will definitely win the last two games of the season. But, I hope we do.

razorsharptusk

• Fightin' Lumberjacks!
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2018, 07:34:32 am »

I'm not sure about how good their coaching will be and that is the wild card (look at what happened to us) as far as I am concerned. That said, I think that the Ole Miss offense (have't really looked at the defense yet) is really underrated. They return the second most experienced OL in the West, but they lose 70% of their RB rushing yards and 69% of their RB receiving yards from last year. As far as their WR's go, they may lose 542 receiving yards, but they return 2,661 receiving yards. Yes, they have to replace Patterson but Jordan Ta'amu completed 67% of his passes LY and started the last three games of LY including an Egg Bowl win over Miss State. He also was a better rusher than Patterson. As much as everyone made of Patterson, I think this guy could be better.

I'm not a fan of this match-up either. It could be another shoot-out right down to the wire. Certainly not a given win.

Great points.  I think anytime you put "automatic" or "given" in front of the word win, you are treading on dangerous ground. Especially if you look at our history.  Nothing is "given" or "automatic" in Arkansas football.  It may be heavily leaning in one direction, but that is why the game is played on the field.

I think what is interesting here is that Arkansas, beginning this year, but moreso in the years to come, due to the change in offensive scheme's should be able to hold their own should shootouts occur.  It seemed that over the last few years, if the games come down to an offensive shootout, our fate was most likely sealed due to the type of football Beilema installed.  With this new coaching staff and style of football, I seem to have a much more confident outlook to games like Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M and such that if we were to get into a fast pace offenseive shootout, that we will be more prepared and better equipped to win these type of games.  I understand coach has much recruiting to do to get there, but from what I'm seeing thus far, I believe he will get his players.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2018, 08:37:09 am »

What did Harry or anyone see in our QB play in the spring to give them great hope in winning over 6 games?   

redleg

• Senior
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2018, 09:21:22 am »

So for those of us that don't have a subscription to wholehogsports..........What were harry's predictions?

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2018, 11:34:23 am »

What did Harry or anyone see in our QB play in the spring to give them great hope in winning over 6 games?   

Harry probably doesn't put much stock in what he saw in the spring game since they'd only had 12 practices. I'm the same way. I expect Cole Kelley to improve substantially during preseason practice and lock up the #1 QB spot. The fact that he's the only QB on the roster with SEC playing experience will help too.

HogPharmer

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2018, 11:43:54 am »

6-6 is the baseline for me.  If he hits 6+ wins, we may have a winner but if we wins 5 or less, I think he may be keeping the seat warm for another coach. We have enough talent to win 6 games with our current team. No excuses.

So it's that black and white? There is no context beyond the record? What if he wins 6 games, but in his 6 losses, we average losing by 30+ points in all those games? Or what about if we only win 5 but lose the other 6 by a combined 6 points?

At the end of the day, it is about wins and losses. But that number alone isn't a good enough indicator as to whether CCM will be able to cut it in the SECw. Win the games you're supposed to, win a couple of tossups (i.e. Ole Miss, Mizzou, TAMU, MSST), and at least show some competence and fight in the games you know you're not likely going to win (Bama, Auburn).

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2018, 11:51:18 am »

So it's that black and white? There is no context beyond the record? What if he wins 6 games, but in his 6 losses, we average losing by 30+ points in all those games? Or what about if we only win 5 but lose the other 6 by a combined 6 points?

At the end of the day, it is about wins and losses. But that number alone isn't a good enough indicator as to whether CCM will be able to cut it in the SECw. Win the games you're supposed to, win a couple of tossups (i.e. Ole Miss, Mizzou, TAMU, MSST), and at least show some competence and fight in the games you know you're not likely going to win (Bama, Auburn).

I won't be judging Chad by what his team does in his first year, that's being a little quick on the trigger IMO.

ReservoirHog

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2018, 11:54:39 am »

Harry probably doesn't put much stock in what he saw in the spring game since they'd only had 12 practices. I'm the same way. I expect Cole Kelley to improve substantially during preseason practice and lock up the #1 QB spot. The fact that he's the only QB on the roster with SEC playing experience will help too.

I don't share your optimism on this point. Kelley's TD/Int ratio was 2-1, and he averaged less than 7 yds per completion, which even if doubled would have left him outside the top ten nationally.
Pair his on-field performance last season with the off the field incidents, and this kid has a long way to go to live up to the expectations of the fan base and more importantly Coach Morris.
I think he's the starter by default given the overall lack of talent at the position, and we should see marginal improvements, but to expect him to come out like 2009-10 Ryan Mallet is not realistic.

MajorWeewe

• Band Nerd
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2018, 11:55:30 am »

He missed on two games, MSU and Mo.

tia

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2018, 02:22:14 pm »

I don't share your optimism on this point. Kelley's TD/Int ratio was 2-1, and he averaged less than 7 yds per completion, which even if doubled would have left him outside the top ten nationally.
Pair his on-field performance last season with the off the field incidents, and this kid has a long way to go to live up to the expectations of the fan base and more importantly Coach Morris.
I think he's the starter by default given the overall lack of talent at the position, and we should see marginal improvements, but to expect him to come out like 2009-10 Ryan Mallet is not realistic.

I don't think he'll be quite as good as Mallett was but with the talent around him, he doesn't have to be. In the Spring game, the difference in Kelley's passes and the other QBs passes were obvious. The other QBs were throwing lob passes while Kelley was throwing bullets. I believe he'll surprise the nay-sayers this year.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2018, 02:51:04 pm »

Well, if we don’t have a QB in the Top 10 nationally, why are we bothering to play at all?

Clint Stoerner had more INTs than TDs as a sophomore, and he started all year.

Ryan Mallett was one of the top three QBs in his class. Watch Cole Kelley’s high school film and you’ll see a solid QB with good wheels. His ranking suffered by committing early, but he wasn’t a 5-star guy, either. It’s not fair to compare him to Mallett at this stage.

We have good QBs on campus. We’ll be fine.

Mike_e

• May the woo be with you
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2018, 02:57:53 pm »

So, basically we have caught up with other programs in terms of facilities. I'm not sure it's a advantage and our tradition pales in comparison to the programs we will have to compete against to get the recruits for the program to "take off". Those are the realities of the situation and challenges that must be over come. At the end of the day we are asking kids to drive past programs with similar facilities and greater tradition.

We don't really need other team's facilities.

We don't need other team's tradition.

We don't need other team's players.

The reason the phrase 'on any given Saturday' holds true is because on any given Saturday an underdog can play a perfect game or get just enough turnovers or catch the other team looking past them.

What we have to do is to maximize our opportunities and not make mistakes.   That's how we've always won.

Poor little Arkansas?  Yep, so what.  Keep laughing while we take your legs and your lunch.  We've always had to work harder, think smarter, be faster and play just a little rougher.

OK, so the bamas of the world look good getting off the bus.  The point is to look good and walk tall getting back on the bus and you just have to do what it takes to get it done.

What we need to 'take off' is to be who we are.

factchecker

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2018, 03:09:52 pm »

Well, if we don’t have a QB in the Top 10 nationally, why are we bothering to play at all?

Clint Stoerner had more INTs than TDs as a sophomore, and he started all year.

Ryan Mallett was one of the top three QBs in his class. Watch Cole Kelley’s high school film and you’ll see a solid QB with good wheels. His ranking suffered by committing early, but he wasn’t a 5-star guy, either. It’s not fair to compare him to Mallett at this stage.

We have good QBs on campus. We’ll be fine.
Great post.  People also forget that we will be running an offense similar to what most of our QBs grew up playing.  Kelley's biggest flaw was his footwork from under center which then impacted his accuracy.  Our offense is much more QB friendly than the old school play action with your back to the LOS scheme.  Our play action plays will take place with Cole facing the LOS and reading the defense.  Much easier than a long to develop roll out.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2018, 03:14:39 pm »

Great post.  People also forget that we will be running an offense similar to what most of our QBs grew up playing.  Kelley's biggest flaw was his footwork from under center which then impacted his accuracy.  Our offense is much more QB friendly than the old school play action with your back to the LOS scheme.  Our play action plays will take place with Cole facing the LOS and reading the defense.  Much easier than a long to develop roll out.

Good point. Much easier to deliver the ball quickly from the shotgun, too. The taller you are, the harder it is to get in position to get rid of the ball, especially from under center. In the shotgun, the center can deliver the snap high to start with, and all a 6-7 QB has to do is set his feet and shoulders while he’s getting the ball to his ear, and fire.

nchogg

• Senior
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2018, 04:14:36 pm »

I believe Coach Morris will run his offense according to his players and adapt. I knew a man that that was a big time Quarter Horse trainer. He had a 2 year old filly that would not adapt to his training methods. Turned the horse over to his assistant and the filly won many AQHA 2 year old snaffle bit futurities. The point is if you can't adapt to your players you will not win.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2018, 05:24:56 pm »

I believe Coach Morris will run his offense according to his players and adapt. I knew a man that that was a big time Quarter Horse trainer. He had a 2 year old filly that would not adapt to his training methods. Turned the horse over to his assistant and the filly won many AQHA 2 year old snaffle bit futurities. The point is if you can't adapt to your players you will not win.

Good analogy. Agreed.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2018, 05:53:12 pm »

None of you know anything....

Do I? Of course I do.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2018, 07:20:29 pm »

I'm not predicting how Kelley will do this season though I do expect him to be improved. And, just as a point of correction, Kelley threw 151 passes for 87 completions (57.6%), 6.9 yards/attempt and 11.9 yards/completion for (as you correctly pointed out) 8 TD's and 4 INT's (1 in every 37.8 passing attempts).

Our rushing game last year provided 2016 total rushing yards for 168 YPG.

That's not great, but he didn't have a strong running game to keep the defense honest either.

Casey Dick, in Nutt's last year (2007) in 13 games, threw 262 times for 150 completions (57.3%), 6.5 yards/attempt and 11.3 yards/completion for 18 TD's and 10 INT's (1 in every 14.6 passing attempts). He threw for an average of 130.4 yds/gm (1695 total passing yards). And that was with a rushing game that provided 3,725 rushing yards that year (286.5 yds/gm) and 33 TD's to help keep the defense honest.

The next season with a true passing coach in BP at the helm, Casey Dick didn't really complete anymore passes but he did throw quite a lot more. In 12 games he threw 357 times for 205 completions (57.4%), 7.2 p/att and 12.6 p/compl, 13 TD's and 14 INT's (1 in every 25.5 attempts). But with the departure of McFadden, Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis, rushing yards dropped from 286.5 p/gm to 113.5 p/gm and just 13 TD's for the season. The Hogs had returned just under 400 rushing yards from 2007.

This season Kelley is being tutored under another wide-open offensive style of coach in Morris, even if the scheme is different than it was under Petrino. There will be more plays ran and there will perhaps be a slightly different passing scheme as well. I don't think that anyone here is going to compare the strength of Casey Dick's arm to that of Kelley. Kelley hands down has the bigger arm, but that alone won't make him a more accurate passer who up's his completion percentage with the appearance of Morris.

What it might do is enable him to fit the ball into tighter spaces and if he can read defenses and execute the RPO effectively enough to merit the starting job, it will certainly provide the passing game (and a threat to opposing defenses) an opportunity to stretch the field at times. The good thing for Kelley or whomever starts at QB is that there is enough rushing experience returning (right at 1,400 yds) that it should help keep the defense from just laying back and playing centerfield on our passing game.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:38:33 pm by MuskogeeHogFan »

Deep Shoat

• The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2018, 07:21:34 pm »

Probably the same thing I did.

They saw it was Spring...

HogPharmer

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2018, 07:33:02 pm »

Probably the same thing I did.

They saw it was Spring...

Looked more like winter to me

hawaiianhogster

• Band Nerd
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2018, 11:01:14 pm »

The way I see it is if the Hogs can play like coach Morris expects them to I see possibly 3 more wins. Being against LSU, Miss State, Misouri.

If they don't play up to coach Morris expectations then I could see a losing season.

Somewhere in between brings us back to Harry's prediction.

Yea he has it about right.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas