• 396,442 Topics
• 22,589 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purse payout at Oaklawn question....  (Read 224 times)

longtimeHogfan

Purse payout at Oaklawn question....
« on: May 06, 2018, 05:41:48 pm »

Some tracks, starting in Florida I think, started paying all entrants after post 5 1% of the purse just for starting.  The winner's share is set at 60% +/- and 2nd through 5th vary with the size of the field.  Did Oaklawn follow that lead? 

HogFanInBryant

Re: Purse payout at Oaklawn question....
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 10:35:22 pm »

Some tracks, starting in Florida I think, started paying all entrants after post 5 1% of the purse just for starting.  The winner's share is set at 60% +/- and 2nd through 5th vary with the size of the field.  Did Oaklawn follow that lead? 

I think this is being done at a lot of medium sized tracks to gain larger fields so the exotic pools will grow.  Several years ago I think Turfway Park did this right after they changed to a Poly-track and it did seem to get them some nice sized fields even though their purses are nothing to brag about.  Can anyone verify this or did I dream this up?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

longtimeHogfan

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 07:39:42 am »

I think this is being done at a lot of medium sized tracks to gain larger fields so the exotic pools will grow.  Several years ago I think Turfway Park did this right after they changed to a Poly-track and it did seem to get them some nice sized fields even though their purses are nothing to brag about.  Can anyone verify this or did I dream this up?

I just heard about it for the first time this year even though it's probably been common practice for some time.  There's a lot more horses that 'don't' win than 'do' and there's stable and feed bills to pay.  This would help a little.

cram224

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:57:20 am »

I wasn't aware this.

holeinthewall

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 11:52:19 am »

You see it an most of the time it less then $250 you see in the earnings.  Beats $0 I guess
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas