Pages:
Actions
  • #51 by Lulu Hog on 16 Apr 2018
  • I really hope these ladies play their way into hosting a regional.  I am not completely familiar with how the tournament is seeded, but I have heard complaints in recent years that the NCAA concerns itself more with saving money than overall fairness of seed.  What I mean is, if we don't host then there is a really good chance they will send us back to Norman.  Its close and easy.  I think we could challenge the Sooners, however, I would much rather this team get a weekend at home in the postseason. Going back to Norman would be a buzz kill.
  • #52 by hawg1221 on 16 Apr 2018
  • spot on analysis on all counts, imho.  I think (as objectively as I can, that we are due to take 2 of 3 on at least one of those road series.  Our record on the road isn't good, especially in the SEC, but of the six games we have lost, four I believe, have been by one run.  I think we are jelling more as a team each series.  I wouldn't be surprised for us to take two of three from Auburn and then sweep Ole Miss.

They are jelling more as a team as they continue to win and be competitive against historically strong softball schools. Their confidence is growing, which is huge when trying to turn around a program.
  • #53 by Iwastherein1969 on 16 Apr 2018
  • Actually was super impressed at our girls against Bama. The beauty of our team is that we have a legitimate top-shelf pitcher on the mini-bump for our softball team. And the best part about her is that she is a freshman. The UA softball program has finally overcome the 'rock and the hard place' they were put behind when the state of Arkansas High School Athletic Association began our high school girls softball with several years of slow-pitch. That set our programs in the colleges around the state back to the stone age. Whoever made that heinous decision needed to be fired on the spot.
  • #54 by flippinhogmana on 16 Apr 2018
  • nm
  • #55 by psycHOGlogist on 16 Apr 2018
  • The UA softball program has finally overcome the 'rock and the hard place' they were put behind when the state of Arkansas High School Athletic Association began our high school girls softball with several years of slow-pitch. That set our programs in the colleges around the state back to the stone age. Whoever made that heinous decision needed to be fired on the spot.

OMG - how did I not know that? That is pathetic!
  • #56 by flippinhogmana on 16 Apr 2018
  • OMG - how did I not know that? That is pathetic!

As I recall it was the same thing in women's basketball, six on six for years when everyone else was playing five on five full court.  What was so goofy and asinine about it was that girls and boys often play together in sports until they get into organized sports.  Then they were basically put into retrograde.
  • #57 by Dr. Starcs on 16 Apr 2018
  • Actually was super impressed at our girls against Bama. The beauty of our team is that we have a legitimate top-shelf pitcher on the mini-bump for our softball team. And the best part about her is that she is a freshman. The UA softball program has finally overcome the 'rock and the hard place' they were put behind when the state of Arkansas High School Athletic Association began our high school girls softball with several years of slow-pitch. That set our programs in the colleges around the state back to the stone age. Whoever made that heinous decision needed to be fired on the spot.

The aaa is a complete joke and money making machine. Itís ridiculous.
Pages:
Actions