• 393,891 Topics
• 22,230 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alotian Golf Club  (Read 29478 times)

Hawg414

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: Alotian Golf Club
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2018, 02:07:02 pm »

I am told that the name Alotian came from the first letters of the names of some friends of Warren. 

seems i remember either seeing a quote or reading a quote from Warren where he said the name came from an annual golf trip he and his other gazillionairre friends would take... and they called it "A-merica's L-ights O-ut T-our."  and they referred to themselves as the Alotians.  which all sounds pretty gay to me... but i suppose if you have a billionmillion dollars, and you build yourself a kickass course, you can call it any damn thing ya want.

and regardless of where "Alotian" came from, i do kinda like the name.  it just sounds like a golf course.. and has a classy ring to it.

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Setting the edge since 1960
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2018, 02:20:26 pm »

and regardless of where "Alotian" came from, i do kinda like the name.  it just sounds like a golf course.. and has a classy ring to it.

sounds Polynesian to me. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

GolfNut57

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2018, 03:22:17 pm »

seems i remember either seeing a quote or reading a quote from Warren where he said the name came from an annual golf trip he and his other gazillionairre friends would take... and they called it "A-merica's L-ights O-ut T-our."  and they referred to themselves as the Alotians.  which all sounds pretty gay to me... but i suppose if you have a billionmillion dollars, and you build yourself a kickass course, you can call it any damn thing ya want.

Aside from being pronounced similar to the Aleutian Islands near Alaska, to me the name Alotian sounds like a race of people that Capt Kirk might run across in Star Trek.

In fact.....hmmm......Capt. Kirk did in fact appear in a show about the "Lotians" in an episode called "A piece of the pie" concerning Italian style gangsters/mob.

ResIpsaLoquitur

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • The thing speaks for itself
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2018, 04:12:48 pm »

Sounds as good as anything I heard - and, I like the name too

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2018, 08:54:41 pm »

It putts Alotian on the skin.

sowmonella

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Who threw a pizza on my roof?
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2018, 10:58:15 am »

Nothing is as bad as Memphis. But I live in LR now. Memphis permanently in my rear view mirror. Thanks be to God.
I made the same move in 94. Haven't missed Memphis a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas