• 22,970 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:42:13 pm 
Started by Occams Razorback - Last post by RollHogTide
However, to say we’re of no value to the SEC is just not accurate in my opinion.

From a business standpoint - the Razorbacks are very valuable.  Geographically and viewers are more important than wins/losses.  I believe the decision to add Mizzou and A&M had less to do with their ability to win and more to do with the geography.

on: Today at 05:41:30 pm 
Started by ShadowHawg - Last post by orvillesghost
He will give you a decent average team every year

But that is about it

Most can live with that for Razorback basketball isnt a shadow of what it used to be.

It used to make me angry but these days I really dont care.

Baseball is the only real chance we have anymore, football and basketball will never do it.

on: Today at 05:37:54 pm 
Started by Otis Kirk - Last post by Zen_Hog
Yeah he was at LSU as full qualifier. He told me he will enroll in January at his new school.

If that’s the case he’d be a great get.

on: Today at 05:36:11 pm 
Started by Otis Kirk - Last post by Pudgepork
In that picture of the recruits in hog unis, vest is a mountain even bigger than the jucos.

on: Today at 05:31:48 pm 
Started by ShadowHawg - Last post by Kevin
To say he has the program better than heath & pel, is a pretty low bar to get over.

He runs a clean program, will win 20 or more a year.

He is going to coach the same way year in, year out.

The fans have to decide if that is enough for them.

That is why I my main interest is do I like watching the team play.

I did not like last year’s team. Too much one on one.

I like this year’s team.  The play hard, and together. Yesterday, was they blew a tire. It happens with young teams.

on: Today at 05:31:17 pm 
Started by Karma - Last post by RollHogTide
I appreciate what LZH stated and tend to agree with his points; however, I am definitely torn on the subject and can see both sides.

I have heard and read of folks that IF they were in the position of the HC - they would remove them from the football team and not allow them in the facility or allow them to participate in the pro days the school has scheduled.  While that sounds good and somewhat appropriate - the fallout would be catastrophic to recruiting.  The negativity that would come from the players opting out would be heard or read by every recruit.

I read that the players "owe" the fans, school, and/or their teammates.  They don't owe anyone anything - the school, apparel manufacturers, networks, coaches,...etc are making money off their skills and efforts.  While they do receive room, board, education, notoriety, and other benefits which adds up to a pretty tidy sum of money - from a business standpoint the players are nothing more than tools used to keep the machine of college football running.  On the flip side - would they have been in the position to make millions without the fans, schools, and/or teammates - in most cases, I don't think so.  To borrow a few words from LZH - they would be "flipping burgers".

IMHO - while I am a HUGE fan of college football as a whole AND will probably try to watch every bowl game on TV and perhaps a couple live, there are WAY too many of them.  Again, while I generally agree with LZH in regards to the seniors - the general consensus is that unless you are playing in a New Years 6 Bowl or the playoffs - the games aren't "important".  This notion by the fans, media, and even players has been even more exacerbated by the CFP where if you aren't one of the "Who's In" - then "Who Cares".   

on: Today at 05:30:20 pm 
Started by Otis Kirk - Last post by Otis Kirk
All good Otis. We all appreciate your hard work. Just couldn't find anything new earlier.

Thanks yeah I appreciate it.

on: Today at 05:29:14 pm 
Started by ShadowHawg - Last post by HoopS
Reality is anytime we lose, some will lose their minds.

Bassey was really good.

We had chances at the very end but just missed. It happens.

Play enough or coach enough and you understand this.

Sure it sucks we lost.

We are fine.

on: Today at 05:27:53 pm 
Started by Otis Kirk - Last post by Otis Kirk
it IS recruiting wise. He took over after 80% of the 4-5*s were OFF the board last cycle. The new signing day mixed with 3 weeks of waiting for man-tittied gus doomed that class.

Excellent point about last recruiting class. I think it will prove to be pretty good all things considered, but man this early signing period makes it tough for a new coach.

on: Today at 05:27:27 pm 
Started by hogwood - Last post by nwahogfan1
I think it was how they lost. Saw lots of things that were the same old same old. Long stagnant streches on offense, inexplicable mass subbing in the middle of a good run, poor ft shooting, leaving hot shooters wide open, and then a big nothing burger on the last possession, getting a poor shot by a guard in the trees after 15 seconds of dribbling on the perimeter.

IOW you think we lost because of bad coaching and decisions by the coach.  Why is Bailey logging so many minutes?  Why did WKU get 78 points.  BAD DEFENSE FUNDAMENTALS.     No team should get 78 points on us in our HOUSE.   

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas