Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ICEman on 10 Jun 2018
  • a 9 meter Razorback now stands sentry over Fayetteville’s western edge. Designed by local artist/sculptor/scientist - Eugene Sargent - Fayetteville’s version of Emmett ‘Doc’ Brown from Back to the he Future fame, this copper cladded creature greets east bound visitors along U.S. 62.
  • #2 by flagstaffhog on 10 Jun 2018
  • I love everything Razorback, but....that is just a little bit ridiculous not to mention ugly....

Go HOGS Go!
  • #3 by RyanMallettsEgo on 10 Jun 2018
  • Looks more like a deranged horse than a razorback.
  • #4 by (notOM)Rebel123 on 10 Jun 2018
  • I love everything Razorback, but....that is just a little bit ridiculous not to mention ugly....

Go HOGS Go!

It’s actually in front of Hogeye, Inc.’s Office (http://hogeye.com). It’s from their logo. The owners put it up.
  • #5 by sowmonella on 10 Jun 2018
  • Probably seemed like a good idea but it's damn ugly.
  • #6 by majestic on 10 Jun 2018
  • It looks better up close. Sort of.
  • #7 by Unnamed Source on 10 Jun 2018
  • That would be nearly 30 feet tall for all of us not on the metric system.
  • #8 by ADavisTheGOAT on 10 Jun 2018
  • I reminds me of that statue at the Denver airport.
  • #9 by b501 on 10 Jun 2018
  • yikes
  • #10 by LZH on 10 Jun 2018
  •  Illuminati ...
  • #11 by Ex-Trumpet on 10 Jun 2018
  • #12 by AirWarren on 10 Jun 2018
  • a 9 meter Razorback now stands sentry over Fayetteville’s western edge. Designed by local artist/sculptor/scientist - Eugene Sargent - Fayetteville’s version of Emmett ‘Doc’ Brown from Back to the he Future fame, this copper cladded creature greets east bound visitors along U.S. 62.

I see the satanist’s got their way.
  • #13 by TexHog188 on 10 Jun 2018
  • Hope recruits don't see this.
  • #14 by nchogg on 11 Jun 2018
  • Looks more like a deranged horse than a razorback.
    Totally agree.
  • #15 by rljjr on 11 Jun 2018
  • #16 by LRhawg926 on 11 Jun 2018
  • Looks like a seahorse.
  • #17 by LittlePigMan on 11 Jun 2018
  • That thing is hideous.
  • #18 by sickboy on 11 Jun 2018
  • I reminds me of that statue at the Denver airport.

This was the first thing I thought of. That terrifying Denver Bronco horse:

• #19 by Cure on 11 Jun 2018
  • That horse has a weird head.
  • #20 by greenEGnHAWGS on 11 Jun 2018
  • That blue eye combined with that smile just give me the heebie-jeebies...
  • #21 by Grag T on 11 Jun 2018
  • It's awesome if the goal is to scare people away from visiting Fayetteville
  • #22 by 247Hog on 11 Jun 2018
  • It's not that bad. Leave it to Hogville to be so negative about a piece of art that a company has at its entrance.
  • #23 by AirWarren on 11 Jun 2018
  • It's not that bad. Leave it to Hogville to be so negative about a piece of art that a company has at its entrance.

“Art”.
  • #24 by 247Hog on 11 Jun 2018
  • #25 by HogPharmer on 11 Jun 2018

• That's what they call "makin bacon"
  • #26 by Grag T on 11 Jun 2018

• #27 by AirWarren on 11 Jun 2018
  • #28 by ICEman on 11 Jun 2018
  • It will grow on you. Eugene (the artist) told me that it is an amalgam of several wild pigs found in Ireland and throughout Europe. In its final form, computerized LED lights will adorn various portions of its body.
  • #29 by Ex-Trumpet on 11 Jun 2018
  • It will grow on you. Eugene (the artist) told me that it is an amalgam of several wild pigs found in Ireland and throughout Europe. In its final form, computerized LED lights will adorn various portions of its body.

It may end up being the target of hurled paint, not unlike the SAE lions back in the '80's.
  • #30 by Grag T on 11 Jun 2018
  • It may end up being the target of hurled paint, not unlike the SAE lions back in the '80's.

I was just thinking a coat of paint might do wonders... or maybe a nice rug underneath.  You know, just to kinda tie things together.

• #31 by ICEman on 11 Jun 2018
  • It may end up being the target of hurled paint, not unlike the SAE lions back in the '80's.
    The hurlers better be adorned in Ninja gear😅, for there are several ip cameras pointed at the structure.
  • #32 by alohawg on 11 Jun 2018
  • Ugliest hog ever contest unanimous winner.
  • #33 by ICEman on 11 Jun 2018
  • Ugliest hog ever contest unanimous winner.
    Wait until it is adorned in color before passing final judgment.
  • #34 by kodiakisland on 11 Jun 2018
  • “Art”.

My thought exactly.  It will do what it was supposed to do, and that is to give that business lots of coverage.  Never heard of the business and don't know what they do, but I would guess the exposure is good for them.   A business throwing up a cartoonish statue of their logo is hard for me to call art though.
  • #35 by hoglady on 11 Jun 2018
  • I want to see it in person up close.

It might look really cool.
  • #36 by FaytownHog on 11 Jun 2018
  • My thought exactly.  It will do what it was supposed to do, and that is to give that business lots of coverage.  Never heard of the business and don't know what they do, but I would guess the exposure is good for them.   A business throwing up a cartoonish statue of their logo is hard for me to call art though.
    Art is subjective. You don't have to like it for it to be art. That's not how art works. It IS art.
  • #37 by kodiakisland on 11 Jun 2018
  • Art is subjective. You don't have to like it for it to be art. That's not how art works. It IS art.

Yep, we can call anything art if we want to.  Not disagreeing with that.  It's just not what I call art.

A few miles farther down 62 a business just put up a giant chicken this month.  I'm sure some think of it as art too.
  • #38 by AirWarren on 11 Jun 2018
  • Yep, we can call anything art if we want to.  Not disagreeing with that.  It's just not what I call art.

I can drop a deuce in the toilet and call it art.

I can listen to Kendrick Lamar and call it art.

Both are forms of dung.

I can slap a few pieces of scrap metal together and label it as art.
  • #39 by ricepig on 11 Jun 2018

Painted them a few times, although it was in the late 70's.
  • #40 by FaytownHog on 11 Jun 2018
  • Yep, we can call anything art if we want to.  Not disagreeing with that.  It's just not what I call art.

A few miles farther down 62 a business just put up a giant chicken this month.  I'm sure some think of it as art too.
    It's literally a piece that was sculpted/created for the purpose of being art, viewed by people driving by etc. Don't have to like it though. I'm still waiting until it's completely finished and I can see it in person before I drink haterade on it. Definitely interesting.
  • #41 by Paul on 11 Jun 2018
  • #42 by (notOM)Rebel123 on 12 Jun 2018
  • I can drop a deuce in the toilet and call it art.

I can listen to Kendrick Lamar and call it art.

Both are forms of dung.

I can slap a few pieces of scrap metal together and label it as art.

I can get a good look at a T-bone....
  • #43 by Jackrabbit Hog on 12 Jun 2018
  • Do we play Troy again soon?
  • #44 by Biggus Piggus on 12 Jun 2018
  • Best thing since the 50-foot prairie dog.
  • #45 by bphi11ips on 12 Jun 2018
  • That's a lot of copper.
  • #46 by (notOM)Rebel123 on 12 Jun 2018
  • Best thing since the 50-foot prairie dog.

Don’t discount the Ravenden Raven in Lawrence County...
    https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/10326
  • #47 by cityhog on 13 Jun 2018
  • #48 by elksnort on 13 Jun 2018
  • One thing about Hogville, one can get many opinions.
  • #49 by hogmolar on 13 Jun 2018
  • I was just thinking a coat of paint might do wonders... or maybe a nice rug underneath.  You know, just to kinda tie things together.
    You are talking about the car parked underneath, correct?
  • #50 by nchogg on 13 Jun 2018

These days anything can be called art.
Pages:
Actions