Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Mike Irwin on 05 Jun 2018
  • We go to the team video room tomorrow morning where Chad Morris will break down his offense for us with X's and O's on the white board. He will ask questions.

Yikes. Pay attention.

Some of us will be asked to participate. Bob Holt & Nate Allen executing RPO's? Seriously?

First time anything like that has happened here. Should be interesting.
  • #2 by go hogues on 05 Jun 2018
  • Can he do one for the members of this board?  ;D  :D
  • #3 by HogPharmer on 05 Jun 2018
  • Can he do one for the members of this board?  ;D  :D

Only for the paying members of the board... I got my evite the other day.
  • #4 by CFB_Fanatic on 05 Jun 2018
  • Lol seriously? Wow. Picking up where Bret left off I see
  • #5 by MuskogeeHogFan on 05 Jun 2018
  • We go to the team video room tomorrow morning where Chad Morris will break down his offense for us with X's and O's on the white board. He will ask questions.

Yikes. Pay attention.

Some of us will be asked to participate. Bob Holt & Nate Allen executing RPO's? Seriously?

I bet that will be interesting. We will need a full report, of course.
  • #6 by bphi11ips on 05 Jun 2018

Yikes. Pay attention.

I heard Nate has lost some speed.
  • #7 by rhames on 05 Jun 2018
  • Lol seriously? Wow. Picking up where Bret left off I see

Bret could never break down Xs and Os
  • #8 by Dark Helmet Hog on 05 Jun 2018
  • Sounds like the man knows how important the media can be.
  • #9 by CFB_Fanatic on 05 Jun 2018

• Bret could never break down Xs and Os

True. But having a coach that can but tells the world about it isnít much better
  • #10 by RyanMallettsEgo on 05 Jun 2018
  • True. But having a coach that can but tells the world about it isnít much better

Yeah.

It's not like teams watch film on other teams every week and break down their Xs and Os or anything like that.
  • #11 by LAHogfan123 on 05 Jun 2018

• Bret could never break down Xs and Os

Bret loved X's and Os, or what we all call tic tac toe.
  • #12 by Hog Fan...DOH! on 05 Jun 2018
  • True. But having a coach that can but tells the world about it isnít much better

Good grief.  Go watch a Bobby Petrino coach's show.  It's nothing but x's and o's.
  • #13 by MuskogeeHogFan on 05 Jun 2018

Yeah, because for all of those coaches who embrace and run this style of offense across the nation, it is top secret.

He probably won't be revealing game plans or trick plays, but basics of the scheme that you can find on the internet? Yes.
  • #14 by rhames on 05 Jun 2018

I take it you never watched Petrino's coaching show.
  • #15 by jgphillips3 on 05 Jun 2018

Like Nolan said: ďLet them prepare for usĒ and just try to stop it.
  • #16 by PharmacistHog on 05 Jun 2018
  • Hope he brings a ruler and slaps them on the hand if they miss a question.
  • #17 by bphi11ips on 05 Jun 2018

Sister Chad?
  • #18 by MuskogeeHogFan on 05 Jun 2018
  • Sister Chad?

Someone seems to recognize a Catholic schooling background...;)
  • #19 by ricepig on 05 Jun 2018
  • Someone seems to recognize a Catholic schooling background...;)

Beware the Penguins.......
  • #20 by PorkSoda on 05 Jun 2018
    my english teacher used a yard stick.  better reach I suppose
  • #21 by tomarkansawyer on 05 Jun 2018
  • my english teacher used a yard stick.  better reach I suppose

My biology teacher at NLR Northeast cut one of those cubed meter sticks in to thirds and duct taped it back together to make it wide and would walk around the room and smack anybody who talked.
  • #22 by bphi11ips on 05 Jun 2018
  • Someone seems to recognize a Catholic schooling background...;)

Cheech and Chong fan.
  • #23 by Porked Tongue on 05 Jun 2018
  • Robert Shields too?
    • Porked Tongue
  • #24 by Dwight_K_Shrute on 05 Jun 2018
  • Robert Shields too?

Board hasn't been the same since. Big hole was left when "From The Bench" ended and no one has really stepped up to the plate to fill it. Sad
  • #25 by TomasPistola on 05 Jun 2018
  • Will every press member get their own whiteboard and redbull?
  • #26 by Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on 05 Jun 2018
  • Man, I'm missing all the good stuff.
  • #27 by PorkSoda on 05 Jun 2018
  • Board hasn't been the same since. Big hole was left when "From The Bench" ended and no one has really stepped up to the plate to fill it. Sad
    didn't we have someone who tried for a while.  "from the beach" or "from the couch" or something like that.
  • #28 by CFB_Fanatic on 05 Jun 2018

• I take it you never watched Petrino's coaching show.

I did. As well as Nutt. And read Broylesí breakdowns too.

After the fact is one thing. I just disagree with this type of ďmeetingĒ before an inaugural season

Itís a moot point anyway. He basically took the offense straight from Malzahn, so itís not like people donít already know about it
  • #29 by WBOBO on 05 Jun 2018
  • I don't know but I miss Randy Beaver and his insight.
  • #30 by CFB_Fanatic on 05 Jun 2018
  • Yeah.

It's not like teams watch film on other teams every week and break down their Xs and Os or anything like that.

I didnít know other teams had game film of Coach Morrisís offense at Arkansas. Where can I get a copy??
  • #31 by (notOM)Rebel123 on 05 Jun 2018

Yikes. Pay attention.

Will there be a test at the end? If so, someone should FOI the scores.
    Full transparency & disclosure, right?  ;)
  • #32 by RyanMallettsEgo on 05 Jun 2018
  • I didnít know other teams had game film of Coach Morrisís offense at Arkansas. Where can I get a copy??

You could probably watch SMU games from last year and get a pretty basic understanding of his offense.

Or watch the clips he did with Quinn Grovey when he was first hired where he literally broke down everything on certain plays.
  • #33 by BearsBisonsBoars on 05 Jun 2018
  • Board hasn't been the same since. Big hole was left when "From The Bench" ended and no one has really stepped up to the plate to fill it. Sad

Made Mondays bearable, did Bobby.

It at least the column's fans did at any rate.
  • #34 by supersaint on 05 Jun 2018
  • He needs to not be an idiot. 
  • #35 by SooieGeneris on 06 Jun 2018
  • Maybe Wee Wally will learn that "loading the box" consists of more than 6-7 defenders...
  • #36 by MissippHog on 06 Jun 2018
  • I didnít know other teams had game film of Coach Morrisís offense at Arkansas. Where can I get a copy??
    Bless your heart.
  • #37 by Al Boarland on 06 Jun 2018

It's going to come down to execution and who has better players.
  • #38 by ricepig on 06 Jun 2018

Spring game is probably still on the SEC Network somewhere.
  • #39 by FutureMan on 06 Jun 2018

Yikes. Pay attention.

This sounds really cool.
  • #40 by wildturkey8 on 06 Jun 2018

• I take it you never watched Petrino's coaching show.
    Whatever else anybody thinks about him, his show was the most informative by far. 
  • #41 by wildturkey8 on 06 Jun 2018
    Isn't that the truth.
  • #42 by little pigee on 06 Jun 2018
  • Isn't that the truth.
    Be careful what you wish for.
  • #43 by WOOPIGDOOIE on 06 Jun 2018
  • Bret loved X's and Os, or what we all call tic tac toe.
    Nah. X's and O's were code for Ho Hos and Ding Dongs for Bret
  • #44 by SquidBiily on 06 Jun 2018

Don't worry by the time our media gets done bungling what they've heard the opposing teams will be even more confused.   ;D
  • #45 by Jeter_1 on 06 Jun 2018
  • #46 by parallaxpig on 06 Jun 2018
  • My biology teacher at NLR Northeast cut one of those cubed meter sticks in to thirds and duct taped it back together to make it wide and would walk around the room and smack anybody who talked.

Manson
  • #47 by Mike Irwin on 06 Jun 2018
  • It was almost all about terminology and various offensive and defensive alignments. Not something you'd absorb in the hour we had. You do get an appreciation of all of the details that have to be learned when a new staff comes in and that's just the starting point. Mastering it at full speed on a football field is the real challenge for the players.

I'll say this, the quarterback in this offense will have a huge challenge. Ya'll already knew that but sitting there trying to digest the X's and O's and realizing how expansive the active play book will be just emphasizes what a mind boggling challenge players face by the time they hit the field in a real game.

He showed some drone video taken last spring. It was fascinating watching a play unfold as close to the way the quarterback sees it as you can get.

But mostly it was like being back in school again. We had some eager beaver types sitting on the front row asking questions, trying to show off their football smarts. I noticed that some (like me) began to lose focus after a half hour or so. I hated classrooms and avoided anything that would prompt a teacher to notice me.

We've got the whole thing on video so I'll probably go back and watch the session several times before the season starts. If Morris gave be a test right now I'd flunk.

Supposedly he's going to do more of these in the future.
  • #48 by Launcellous on 06 Jun 2018
  • #49 by Hog_Swanson on 06 Jun 2018
    We only have ourselves to blame.  The memes were epic though.
  • #50 by Busta_Nutt on 06 Jun 2018
  • Did Nabors pay attention and learn anything? Let's hope so.
Pages:
Actions