• 10,016,733 Posts
• 401,492 Topics
• 22,979 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2018 SEC Baseball Coaches Carousel  (Read 488 times)

jbcarol

Re: 2018 SEC Baseball Coaches Carousel
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 08:49:55 am »

Hugh Kellenberger
‏Verified account @HKellenbergerCL

Dan McDonnell is a rumored candidate at Mississippi State, but Louisville definitely wants to keep him. @WillSammon https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/06/04/louisville-baseball-dan-mcdonnell-mississippi-state-coaching-job/671799002 Ö via @TimSullivan714

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 06:00:33 pm »

Butch Thompson's Auburn contract was extended to '24.

jbcarol

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 06:07:25 am »

Kendall Rogers
‏Verified account @KendallRogers
9h9 hours ago

BREAKING: Iím hearing from sources that @IndianaBase head coach Chris Lemonis will be the next head coach at @HailStateBB, and that top #HailState assistant Jake Gautreau will stay on staff. If that doesnít change, I really like that duo.

navyhog24

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 11:42:06 am »

Kendall Rogers
‏Verified account @KendallRogers
9h9 hours ago

BREAKING: Iím hearing from sources that @IndianaBase head coach Chris Lemonis will be the next head coach at @HailStateBB, and that top #HailState assistant Jake Gautreau will stay on staff. If that doesnít change, I really like that duo.

When life gives you Lemonis...

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 02:36:48 pm »

Underwhelming hire.  The State fans I know, well the one I live with is not very happy about it.

I proclaimed him the Bert Bielema of Baseball.

The similarities are striking.

1.  Good record but really at best maintaining what his predecessor did if that. They had gone 38-10 in conference the 2 years prior to Lemonis being hired.  Predecessor also took them to the CWS.

2.  Big 10, not very strong in baseball, going to the meat grinder SEC (sound familiar).

3.  Took over for an interim except their interim actually did very well.

4.  Most fans not happy about the hire and the talking heads are in full force talking head splaining why it's a great hire (sound familiar).

5.  Dude likes to eat.  I don't think coaches need to be cut, and we all have a little extra in the middle after 40, but at least look like you are trying.  In today's world where you are asking for 100% from the athletes, want them to be in top shape, be knowledgeable and mindful about nutrition and put in the time in the weight room it just comes off as hypocritical to let yourself go.  Also makes it harder to meet the demands of coaching in the SEC when you are a straight up tub of good.

jbcarol

2018-19 Baseball Coaches Carousel
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 10:19:12 am »

Kendall Rogers
‏Verified account@KendallRogers
 21h21 hours ago

BREAKING: Iíve learned that @BeaverBaseball HC Pat Casey will announce his retirement from the #Beavs program later today.

My story: https://d1baseball.com/coaching-buzz/oregon-states-pat-casey-set-to-retire/ Ö
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas