• 395,529 Topics
• 22,308 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't think we are this bad.  (Read 5696 times)

oldhawg

Re: I don't think we are this bad.
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2018, 06:59:41 pm »

Talking about CSU, they are one of those teams that just play tough.  They leave the pansy football to the guys in Boulder.  Yes there should be a talent discrepancy but I don’t expect them to roll over for us.  Also it’s one game, any way it goes will be difficult (As is most of out OOC games) to put much stock in the results, there will be arguments for days about how good CSU really was.  After all they are in a rebuilding year. 

Just win and move on!

Arkansas finished the season last year 2-3, with losses to LSU, Mississippi State, and Missouri.

Colorado finished the season last year with a record of 1-4, with losses to Air Force Academy, Wyoming, Boise State and Marshall.

IMO the coaching change for Arkansas will be a plus rather than a detriment for the Razorbacks in this game ---- new coaches, different offense and defense, better attitudes, better conditioning, chance to prove themselves to coaches and fans early in the season.  These attributes will overcome the the problems associated with learning new schemes.  Second game of the season, Razorbacks should should show considerable improvement over the first game. 

Hogs win by three scores (9 to 21 points, depending upon red zone effectiveness).     

Cinco de Hogo

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2018, 07:12:06 pm »

Also, don’t forget the potential effects from the altitude difference on us.

That would have really concerned me under BB and his conditioning program...

Well still does a little, haha!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2018, 07:13:10 pm »

Arkansas finished the season last year 2-3, with losses to LSU, Mississippi State, and Missouri.

Colorado finished the season last year with a record of 1-4, with losses to Air Force Academy, Wyoming, Boise State and Marshall.

IMO the coaching change for Arkansas will be a plus rather than a detriment for the Razorbacks in this game ---- new coaches, different offense and defense, better attitudes, better conditioning, chance to prove themselves to coaches and fans early in the season.  These attributes will overcome the the problems associated with learning new schemes.  Second game of the season, Razorbacks should should show considerable improvement over the first game. 

Hogs win by three scores (9 to 21 points, depending upon red zone effectiveness).   

Yeah 9-21 isn’t unreasonable all things considered.

Just win!

HogBreath

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2018, 07:21:17 pm »

Are you high?

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2018, 08:11:41 pm »

Here's an answer to that assertion.

At the highest level of college football competition, the Football Bowl Subdivision, there is no football field higher than War Memorial Stadium. And there’s a difference between living at altitude in Laramie and living at altitude in, say, Fort Collins, Colorado.

Within the Mountain West, the highest-elevated FBS conference on average, two football stadiums fall in the moderate altitude category. Air Force’s Falcon Stadium and Wyoming’s War Memorial Stadium. New Mexico, Colorado State, Utah State and Nevada are all at low altitude. The rest are in the sea level spectrum, though Boise State is near the cutoff.

So what does that mean? Well, at sea level, you have plenty of oxygen to work with, and your red blood cell count is unaffected by altitude. At moderate altitude, such as in Laramie, there is less oxygen available and more blood cells are generated through something called “hypoxic sleep.” But in the middle ground — low altitude locations like Boulder, Denver, Fort Collins, etc. — you lose oxygen without gaining the additional red blood cells.

Teams typically don’t have enough time to devote to adjusting to altitude before a game. When the New England Patriots played in Denver earlier this month, however, they stayed in Colorado to practice at the Air Force Academy before their game at Mexico City, which has a higher elevation than Laramie.

“That’s an excellent move on their part, from an altitude-performance standpoint,” Chapman said. “No question.”

This is where the psychological effect comes in. Some athletes can get really weirded out by competing at altitude.

“Just think of it as the brain’s going to take in all these inputs that it’s going to put into the calculator to say, ‘This is how hard I’m working,’” Chapman said.

He gives an example. If you run a 6-minute mile at sea level but a 7-minute mile at altitude, your legs are moving more slowly at altitude. However, you’re also breathing more because of the lack of oxygen. Some people need a while to process the experience of working harder to go slower.

“It’s all subconscious,” Chapman said, “but still it freaks some people out.”

More inside the article:

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/football/how-s-your-oxygen-the-science-behind-playing-at/article_b72eca9f-4a58-5bd7-b118-05ef00ecdefc.htmlhttp://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/football/how-s-your-oxygen-the-science-behind-playing-at/article_b72eca9f-4a58-5bd7-b118-05ef00ecdefc.html

Al Boarland

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2018, 08:20:09 pm »

Any areas you suspect we might be the same or worse?

oldhawg

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2018, 10:00:33 pm »

Any areas you suspect we might be the same or worse?

First off, just understand that my opinions are based solely on the things I read, see, deduce, and what my "gut" tells me.  I have no inside connection, "special"relationship with anyone in the program, or genie in a bottle.

IMO offense and defense will improve instead of regress through the season, and game management will be more effective.  However, my gut tells me that special teams play may continue to be abysmal.  Hope I am wrong.

Optimistically I predict a 6-6 season with a toss-up bowl game (of interest only to Arkansas fans and players, their opponent's fans and players, and potential recruits) determining whether or not the Razorbacks have a winning or losing season.  But that will be progress, and reason to look forward to the following season optimistically  :).   
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:42:52 am by oldhawg »

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2018, 08:38:29 am »

First off, just understand that my opinions are based solely on the things I read, see, deduce, and what my "gut" tells me.  I have no inside connection, "special"relationship with anyone in the program, or genie in a bottle.

IMO offense and defense will improve instead of regress through the season, and game management will be more effective.  However, my gut tells me that special teams play may continue to be abysmal.  Hope I am wrong.

Optimistically I predict a 6-6 season with a toss-up bowl game (of interest only to Arkansas fans and players, their opponent's fans and players, and potential recruits) determining whether or not the Razorbacks have a winning or losing season.  But that will be progress, and reason to look forward to the following season optimistically  :).   

One reason for optimism under the "gut feeling" category is the number of players who should be motivated by draft eligibility.  That includes seniors with disappointing (based upon expectations) careers thus far, including Brian Wallace and Jeremy Patton.  It also includes draft eligible juniors McTelvin Agim, De'Jon Harris, Brandon Martin, La'Michael Pettway, and Cheyenne O'Grady.  Ryan Pulley and Jared Cornelius are in that group because they need to show they have fully recovered from injuries. Dre Greenlaw is another player with NFL potential who has always played well and has one more season to prove to NFL GM's that he is an overachiever.  The NFL is full of guys like Dre' Greenlaw overlooked by the pundits focusing only on "metrics".   

"Gut feelings" come from weighing the intangibles that oldhogs know affect the college game much more than the NFL.  As Razorbacks fans, we're more familiar with the intangibles likely to affect our team positively or negatively than we are with those affecting our opponents.  My gut feeling is that the intangibles give Razorbacks fans reason for optimism this year, as opposed to last year when they seemed to point to a possibly disastrous season.  The intangibles last year included the very difficult first half of the schedule and the way the 2016 season ended with two monumental second half collapses.  The intangibles this year include the favorable schedule to begin the year, the long home stretch after Alabama, and the high number of players with something to prove in 2018.   

nchogg

• Senior
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2018, 08:42:43 am »

What exactly is unfounded, look up all the stats and what I said, they are all on the money.  He claims we are 'retooling' like we are the Pittsburgh Steelers who lost in the playoffs or something, that is not where we are at.  We are more like the Cleveland Browns, we are rebuilding nearly everything about this team.  It's not me being negative, it's just stating the facts.
Malvin  Do you know for a fact bphi11ips snorts coke. That is what I am referring to not your facts about the team. Let me know if my comment is unfounded or not.

oldhawg

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2018, 09:13:31 am »

One reason for optimism under the "gut feeling" category is the number of players who should be motivated by draft eligibility.  That includes seniors with disappointing (based upon expectations) careers thus far, including Brian Wallace and Jeremy Patton.  It also includes draft eligible juniors McTelvin Agim, De'Jon Harris, Brandon Martin, La'Michael Pettway, and Cheyenne O'Grady.  Ryan Pulley and Jared Cornelius are in that group because they need to show they have fully recovered from injuries. Dre Greenlaw is another player with NFL potential who has always played well and has one more season to prove to NFL GM's that he is an overachiever.  The NFL is full of guys like Dre' Greenlaw overlooked by the pundits focusing only on "metrics".   

"Gut feelings" come from weighing the intangibles that oldhogs know affect the college game much more than the NFL.  As Razorbacks fans, we're more familiar with the intangibles likely to affect our team positively or negatively than we are with those affecting our opponents.  My gut feeling is that the intangibles give Razorbacks fans reason for optimism this year, as opposed to last year when they seemed to point to a possibly disastrous season.  The intangibles last year included the very difficult first half of the schedule and the way the 2016 season ended with two monumental second half collapses.  The intangibles this year include the favorable schedule to begin the year, the long home stretch after Alabama, and the high number of players with something to prove in 2018.   

Well expressed about the reasons for intangibles being positives this year ---- feeds my optimism.

razorbackinva

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2018, 09:22:58 am »

Two words - Coastal Carolina

Did you forget we had to come from behind AT HOME to Coastal Carolina to beat them 39-38...  We are this bad.  However it is my hope that with our new coaches we will be able to recover most of the ranking slide after the end of this season.  Should be in the top 30 again... in my opinion... and rose colored glasses.  :)

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2018, 09:31:49 am »

Did intangibles influence the Hogs' and/or Coastal's performance (or lack thereof) that day? 

moses_007

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bring the Wood!
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2018, 01:11:06 pm »

It remains to be seen if we will be this bad.  We could be greatly improved, or even worse than last year.

moses_007

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bring the Wood!
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2018, 01:16:08 pm »

Our conference schedule is pretty rough to start with.  Open the SEC at Auburn, play A&M in Arlington, then Alabama at home.  We may open the SEC 0-3 just like Bielema always did.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2018, 09:55:22 am »

Our conference schedule is pretty rough to start with.  Open the SEC at Auburn, play A&M in Arlington, then Alabama at home.  We may open the SEC 0-3 just like Bielema always did.

I'm not picking the Hogs to beat Auburn and Alabama this year, they are not ready to climb that mountain.....yet. I'm listing the A&M game as a toss up because I believe the possibility of a Hog win is there. The Hogs could likely go 3-3 through the first 6 games but going 4-2 through that stretch is not out of the question.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2018, 09:56:05 am »

We may not win an SEC game next year.

The Hogs will at least win the Ole Miss and Vanderbilt games.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2018, 12:38:22 pm »

I'm not picking the Hogs to beat Auburn and Alabama this year, they are not ready to climb that mountain.....yet. I'm listing the A&M game as a toss up because I believe the possibility of a Hog win is there. The Hogs could likely go 3-3 through the first 6 games but going 4-2 through that stretch is not out of the question.

I thought and still think that A&M made a mistake in hiring Jimbo Fisher. He did well early in his time at FSU but in my opinion, with all of the talent that he had at his disposal (from 2010 through 2017...#8, #2, #4, #11, #4, #3, #3 and #6 ranked recruiting classes), he underachieved as a HC.

I'm not the only one who thinks so. I wish I could find the article that I read that had about 15 criticisms of Jimbo Fisher at Florida State that included things like...not doing enough with the talent on hand, mismanaging his staff, constantly being at odds with the FSU Administration and Boosters, always wanting more..more..more, being mired in an older system and not being more flexible and innovative (stuck in his style instead of being more forward thinking), as well a being sort of "cheesy" in asking players to sign "commitment to effort" pledges.

Some of this, though not all, sounds like Bielema with a lot better talent on campus.

He isn't going to have the same talent level at A&M that he had at FSU and, he is going to be in the meat-grinder that the SEC West tends to be in most years. I'm just not sure that he is going to be able to get it done at a level that A&M might expect of him.

HogPharmer

« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2018, 12:42:45 pm »

I thought and still think that A&M made a mistake in hiring Jimbo Fisher. He did well early in his time at FSU but in my opinion, with all of the talent that he had at his disposal (from 2010 through 2017...#8, #2, #4, #11, #4, #3, #3 and #6 ranked recruiting classes), he underachieved as a HC.

I'm not the only one who thinks so. I wish I could find the article that I read that had about 15 criticisms of Jimbo Fisher at Florida State that included things like...not doing enough with the talent on hand, mismanaging his staff, constantly being at odds with the FSU Administration and Boosters, always wanting more..more..more, being mired in an older system and not being more flexible and innovative (stuck in his style instead of being more forward thinking), as well a being sort of "cheesy" in asking players to sign "commitment to effort" pledges.

Some of this, though not all, sounds like Bielema with a lot better talent on campus.

He isn't going to have the same talent level at A&M that he had at FSU and, he is going to be in the meat-grinder that the SEC West tends to be in most years. I'm just not sure that he is going to be able to get it done at a level that A&M might expect of him.

I agree... And I'm glad they guaranteed him the next decade of their program. The contract they gave him could really destroy their program if he comes in and flops...

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2018, 12:47:00 pm »

Did intangibles influence the Hogs' and/or Coastal's performance (or lack thereof) that day?
or coaching...

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2018, 12:47:18 pm »

We may not win an SEC game next year.
dude. seek help.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2018, 12:47:55 pm »

I agree... And I'm glad they guaranteed him the next decade of their program. The contract they gave him could really destroy their program if he comes in and flops...
or comes in in flip flops

oldhawg

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2018, 02:01:40 pm »

Perhaps this is the article?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21631798/jimbo-fisher-always-wanted-more-florida-state-was-tired-giving

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2018, 02:14:01 pm »

or coaching...

Coaches can affect a lot of intangles, e.g., overconfidence...

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2018, 02:19:43 pm »

I used to think Bret Bielema had a good plan and could build a Wisconsin-like team that could compete with Alabama in the trenches.  I was wrong. If Jimbo Fisher thinks he can build a pro-style attack at A&M like the one he used at FSU, I think he'll find, like Bielema, that the SEC West is a different level of competition than what he faced in the ACC.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2018, 02:21:08 pm »

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2018, 02:22:50 pm »

I used to think Bret Bielema had a good plan and could build a Wisconsin-like team that could compete with Alabama in the trenches.  I was wrong. If Jimbo Fisher thinks he can build a pro-style attack at A&M like the one he used at FSU, I think he'll find, like Bielema, that the SEC West is a different level of competition than what he faced in the ACC.

That's what I was thinking as well.

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2018, 03:32:59 pm »

dude. seek help.

Just a little help.  Or the Mountain West.

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2018, 04:24:50 pm »

I never, from day one, thought Bielema could recruit the O and D linemen in the numbers necessary to consistently to run his Neanderthalish offense and compete even on the level of LSU and Auburn (or TAM) much less Bama.  Keeping the score close in the fourth quarter will get you beat most times at Arkansas, as he found out.

I somewhat agree with you statement about Jimbo's success in the SEC West.  I think he will recruit well enough to compete with LSU and Auburn.  And he might just catch "lightening in a bottle" a couple of times a decade against Bama, but he won't make a living there against Saban.  Any way the pie is sliced, he'll have more 8-4 regular seasons than the administration and fans will be willing to accept.

I fear our coach will have less success than Jimbo, however.

jhogg

• Band Nerd
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2018, 05:14:49 pm »

Colorado State is in a major rebuilding year. They've lost a lot of players on both sides of the line of scrimmage from last year's team as well as some assistant coaches and their DC has retired.  Even though the Game is at Colorado State, that's a game the Hogs should win with very little difficulty.
I believe the hogs will win this one

jhogg

• Band Nerd
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2018, 05:21:25 pm »

Did you forget we had to come from behind AT HOME to Coastal Carolina to beat them 39-38...  We are this bad.  However it is my hope that with our new coaches we will be able to recover most of the ranking slide after the end of this season.  Should be in the top 30 again... in my opinion... and rose colored glasses.  :)
that was due to bad coaching

jhogg

• Band Nerd
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2018, 05:23:38 pm »

The Hogs will at least win the Ole Miss and Vanderbilt games.
an will pull one upset, we are way over due

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2018, 05:47:55 pm »

And an additional thought on that...part of the knock on Fisher at Florida State was that when everyone else was being more creative and exploring ways to mesh more of the RPO into their offenses in the ACC (see Clemson as an example), Fisher stubbornly resisted an opportunity with a pretty great collection of athletes, to morph his offense into something that stressed opposing offenses to a greater degree. Maybe because he was the QB Coach (along with two others) and he simply didn't understand how to coach the RPO? Honestly, I have no idea why he would resist at least exploring the possibilities of adding that option to his quiver.

The offense and personnel he inherits at A&M are more built for this system (RPO) than not. Will he finally embrace the RPO style of offense and depart from the Pro Style? Darrel Dickey is the new OC and "QB's Coach" (not exactly as that title will most likely and most prominently belong to Fisher) but Dickey does bring with him a philosophy that is more "Norvell" than "Fisher" except that though it embraces a HUNH style, it is still based in the Pro Style of Offense.

At its core, the offense boils down to “new presentations of the same concepts,” Dickey noted. Norvell calls it a spread offense with pro-style tendencies. Memphis can often confuse opponents simply by running variations of the same play out of different formations. "You’re throwing a bunch of things at a defense that is very complicated for them to digest," Dickey said. "But it’s very repetitive for us. It’s just different people doing the jobs."

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2017/10/26/memphis-football-speeding-ticket-offense-tigers-mike-norvell-riley-ferguson-anthony-miller-tulane/803769001/

It sounds more like a Petrino style of Offense that goes at full-tilt speed. Is that all that dissimilar to what A&M has been trying to run under Sumlin?

We will see how it all works out but it seems like it is basically the same A&M offense, going a little faster and with a lot less talent than Florida State.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:59:08 pm by MuskogeeHogFan »

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2018, 07:00:34 pm »

Sounds like Fisher might have a Bielema/Enos type problem, never establishing an identity.

I guess the right coach with enough talent could make that work for him...maybe a Petrino.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2018, 07:30:16 pm »

Sounds like Fisher might have a Bielema/Enos type problem, never establishing an identity.

I guess the right coach with enough talent could make that work for him...maybe a Petrino.

Fisher has an offensive identity, but it is Pro Style, similar to Bielema's but with more talent at FSU.

Now he brings in Dickey to be the OC which could perhaps be an indication that that he wants to remain in a Pro Style, but go faster and utilize the HUNH to a greater degree. We will see how this works out. If Dickey were that good at running a faster offense out of the Pro Style successfully he would be a HC somewhere. JMO

Hogindasticks

« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2018, 07:41:32 pm »

What exactly is unfounded, look up all the stats and what I said, they are all on the money.  He claims we are 'retooling' like we are the Pittsburgh Steelers who lost in the playoffs or something, that is not where we are at.  We are more like the Cleveland Browns, we are rebuilding nearly everything about this team.  It's not me being negative, it's just stating the facts.

I dont think our baseline is near as low as CBB had us playing.  I think coaching alone will bring us to the middle point of the SEC.....recruiting will get is in the top 25% of the conference.  I am very confident in what I see our staff doing to get us there.  I am really interested how far we go after that.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2018, 08:34:45 pm »

I dont think our baseline is near as low as CBB had us playing.  I think coaching alone will bring us to the middle point of the SEC.....recruiting will get is in the top 25% of the conference.  I am very confident in what I see our staff doing to get us there.  I am really interested how far we go after that.

I'm not sure about all of that. I do think that we have a lot more talent on the field than most think that we do. The last 3 years we have underachieved due to changes in coaching staff, changes in philosophy and a lack of a strong, guiding hand at the tiller of the boat, which contributed to a decline in an overall tough mental attitude. Especially since 2016.

I'm in a wait and see mode about the quality of future recruiting classes. Winning more and being competitive in the games that we lose, instead of getting blown out or blowing leads, will help in that effort.

I do give this staff an "A" in terms of recruiting effort, but effort means little if the results don't match.

Do I think that this style of offense and philosophy will be more productive? I do. Do I think that the defense will be better? I do. How much better on both ends of the spectrum will have a great deal to do with how much we improve in terms of recruiting.

Time will tell.

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2018, 05:33:19 am »

Fisher has an offensive identity, but it is Pro Style, similar to Bielema's but with more talent at FSU.

Now he brings in Dickey to be the OC which could perhaps be an indication that that he wants to remain in a Pro Style, but go faster and utilize the HUNH to a greater degree. We will see how this works out. If Dickey were that good at running a faster offense out of the Pro Style successfully he would be a HC somewhere. JMO

I didn’t say Fisher didn’t have an identity, simply that him and His OC could turn out to be Bielema and Enos.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2018, 07:50:19 am »

All you really need to know about the author of the article linked in the OP is that he ranks Arkansas and Tennessee below Arkansas State, Colorado State, and North Texas.  Pure football genius.

Steef

• Idylically living in the Valley of the Cats
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2018, 08:57:53 am »

All you really need to know about the author of the article linked in the OP is that he ranks Arkansas and Tennessee below Arkansas State, Colorado State, and North Texas.  Pure football genius.

On the surface, that does indeed look stupid.

But last year's team would have had difficulty with that schedule.

The truth hurts, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

I agree with Muskogee that we have more talent on our team (right now....left over from last year)...to be better than last year's team. Because the coaching really sucked.

If....this staff turns out to be better. And I have every hope they will.

But until they do, I'm not gonna get too cocky. Remember Rutgers?

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2018, 12:51:13 pm »

But last year's team would have had difficulty with that schedule.

That is laughable.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2018, 01:40:09 pm »

We are terrible.

What's terrible is the pity party going on around here:

Steef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2018, 06:31:49 pm »

That is laughable.

Coastal Carolina says hi.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2018, 08:04:29 pm »

The former Florida state coach was not as popular as many people think. They are still pining for Urban Meyer and are most are tickled pink with Mark.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2018, 08:17:28 pm »

Coastal Carolina says hi.

Stupid response.

Steef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2018, 08:36:19 pm »

Stupid response.

Im sorry you think so.

But I stand behind it.

We sucked last year.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2018, 12:32:42 pm »

Be careful, being a realist will make you branded as a traitor.

You can be a realist without being a jackass.  I would quit trolling the recruiting forum if I were you, too. 

HogPharmer

« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2018, 12:34:50 pm »

You can be a realist without being a jackass.  I would quit trolling the recruiting forum if I were you, too.

There's only one troll that I see here....

niels_boar

• Senior
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2018, 12:56:59 pm »

It's better to inspire low expectations and then exceed them than the opposite

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2018, 01:18:16 pm »

Fisher's pro-style attack is more complicated than Bielema's garbage system.

Also, Fisher may be the best offensive play caller in all of the FBS.  Fisher is even better at play calling than Robert Petrino.

I hope I am wrong, but I have this feeling that the SEC West is going to become just a 2 team duel with Saban and Fisher dueling, and the rest of the SEC West just being an afterthought (unless LSU decides to upgrade from mediocre Oregeron).

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2018, 02:54:15 pm »

Aggy dont do complicated.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas