• 395,529 Topics
• 22,308 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The preseason projects are coming out with most picking us last again.  (Read 5592 times)

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!

We will see. I'm talking a skill player along the lines of Mallett, Joe Adams, Hunter Henry, knile Davis, Alex Collins, etc. I thought the same thing last year we just didn't really have anyone stand out as a dominant play maker.

I agree in that this system/scheme should be more player friendly.

I understand but I think that sometimes folks forget that it is the guys in the less glamorous and often overlooked (less visible alleged non-skilled) positions that make it possible for the "skilled position" guys to make plays. That's why I love football. All 11 players need to be on the same page at the same time to execute at a high level.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!

We will see. I'm talking a skill player along the lines of Mallett, Joe Adams, Hunter Henry, Knile Davis, Alex Collins, etc. I thought the same thing last year we just didn't really have anyone stand out as a dominant play maker.

I agree in that this system/scheme should be more player friendly.

In Knille's best year at Arkansas, he actually benefitted from an early season ending injury to the starting RB, Dennis Johnson. When Johnson went down on a Kickoff return, Knile got his chance and he took advantage of the opportunity. One has to wonder just how much better that team would have been if Johnson had stayed healthy and the Hogs had a true 2 headed Monster at RB the entire season.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

In Knille's best year at Arkansas, he actually benefitted from an early season ending injury to the starting RB, Dennis Johnson. When Johnson went down on a Kickoff return, Knile got his chance and he took advantage of the opportunity. One has to wonder just how much better that team would have been if Johnson had stayed healthy and the Hogs had a true 2 headed Monster at RB the entire season.

For the first time in a while, provided the O-Line benefits from the new blocking scheme, we may very well have a 4 headed monster at RB this season. Whaley will probably shine in this offense as will Chase Hayden. I don't think we should forget Maleek Williams and I think that a lot of folks do because of his R/S last season. And then there is the addition of Rakeem Boyd and he certainly brings speed, shiftiness and the ability to run over people to the table. How quickly he adapts to the offense and being able to execute blocking assignments and catch the ball out of the backfield, remains to be seen. TJ Hammonds may also see some time in the backfield but more likely operating out of the Slot most of the time.

LRrazorback

BP had to contend with a talented Ole Miss team his first 2 years, one fired up by Hootie especially for the Hogs. What universe do you live in?

And, 2010 Ms St finished 15 in the country.

But to the op, with last years record, new coaching change and an overall lack of team speed, last is where we should be ranked.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!

For the first time in a while, provided the O-Line benefits from the new blocking scheme, we may very well have a 4 headed monster at RB this season. Whaley will probably shine in this offense as will Chase Hayden. I don't think we should forget Maleek Williams and I think that a lot of folks do because of his R/S last season. And then there is the addition of Rakeem Boyd and he certainly brings speed, shiftiness and the ability to run over people to the table. How quickly he adapts to the offense and being able to execute blocking assignments and catch the ball out of the backfield, remains to be seen. TJ Hammonds may also see some time in the backfield but more likely operating out of the Slot most of the time.

Since the Hogs have 4 good RBs already on campus, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rakeem Boyd redshirts.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

Since the Hogs have 4 good RBs already on campus, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rakeem Boyd redshirts.

He won't R/S. He was a R/S his freshman season at A&M and then transferred to Independence CC where he played one season. I believe that he has 3 years of eligibility remaining.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2017/05/17/report-redshirt-freshman-rb-rakeem-boyd-transfers-texas-am-joins-juco-team

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!

He won't R/S. He was a R/S his freshman season at A&M and then transferred to Independence CC where he played one season. I believe that he has 3 years of eligibility remaining.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2017/05/17/report-redshirt-freshman-rb-rakeem-boyd-transfers-texas-am-joins-juco-team

Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware that he had already redshirted.

It's unusual for a college team to start the season with 5 active running backs and none redshirting.

Could it be that Hammonds could see time at WR too??

Porkys Revenge

It's unusual for a college team to start the season with 5 active running backs and none redshirting.

I donít see Hammonds as a true wr. I think heíll be used in the slot, on screens and quick hitters where he can take advantage of his shiftiness and speed. Or perhaps in the Ronnie Wingo mold where he slips out of the backfield uncovered and streaks down the sideline.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

Who would R/S? Not Devwah and not Hayden (unless he isn't fully recovered). Maleek Williams is coming out of a R/S season and they aren't going to R/S TJ Hammonds. Of course Hammonds is going to see time as a Receiver, but maybe a lot out of the Slot position where it is less predictable how he will be used. When aligned in the Slot, LB's will either be forced to cover him or we may force opposing defenses to alter their alignment to walk up a Safety in coverage (forcing single-safety deep), depending on our alignment of course. Given that Boyd has already been a R/S, he certainly will play as soon as he is ready to go.

Malvin

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

I don't know why everyone I so negative about next years prospects? I know one thing for
sure, Cole Kelley is a WINNER. He is the type of guy that will stick his head in a pile most
people wouldn't stick their feet

He has won 1 SEC game, which by all accounts took a miracle to pull off.  He almost lost to Coastal Carolina, beating them only by 1 point.  I'm not being negative about a player, but let's not treat him like he has won a national championship.  He has proven that he can take snaps and take some hits, but beyond that he still needs to prove that he can throw the ball and that he is the starting QB for the team.  The players may like him, but you have to get results on the field.

Again I'm not saying he is bad, just as fans we need to be realistic with what we have.  I hope he proves me wrong and makes me eat crow.. but let's not put him on a pedestal when he hasn't done anything to deserve it. 

Mike_e

• All-American Hogvillian
  • May the woo be with you

He has won 1 SEC game, which by all accounts took a miracle to pull off.  He almost lost to Coastal Carolina, beating them only by 1 point.  I'm not being negative about a player, but let's not treat him like he has won a national championship.  He has proven that he can take snaps and take some hits, but beyond that he still needs to prove that he can throw the ball and that he is the starting QB for the team.  The players may like him, but you have to get results on the field.

Again I'm not saying he is bad, just as fans we need to be realistic with what we have.  I hope he proves me wrong and makes me eat crow.. but let's not put him on a pedestal when he hasn't done anything to deserve it.

Wow.

It sounds as though you expect him to play and be responsible for all 11 positions. On offense and defense.

The guy doesn't have to be Jordenesque just make the right reads, deliver a catch-able ball and pick up 3 or 5 yards on foot every once in awhile.

Second or third and mid-range with a QB that is more than likely to pick up a first down will take up very nearly as much of the defense's attention as a QB that is just as likely to take it to the house.

Sure we all like to see that breakaway but the whole point really is just to score.  Style points don't count aywk.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!

No one is acting like Kelley has won a National Championship. Kelley isn't a world beater by any means but he's a better QB than you think.

LRRandy

• tOSU

And, 2010 Ms St finished 15 in the country.

But to the op, with last years record, new coaching change and an overall lack of team speed, last is where we should be ranked.
this absolutely correct. Even though it is a knee jerk reaction to the information we all have to go on, last is where the hogs should be ranked to start the season. It is not beyond the realm of possibility however that a new innovative offensive scheme helps level the playing field against most teams and the Razorbacks win some games that the last few years simply slipped away for one reason or another. To rank them any higher than last at this point is folly. To think that coach Morris can breathe excitement into the program and put in place a system where his team can win enough games to go to a bowl the first year is not unreasonable.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!

this absolutely correct. Even though it is a knee jerk reaction to the information we all have to go on, last is where the hogs should be ranked to start the season. It is not beyond the realm of possibility however that a new innovative offensive scheme helps level the playing field against most teams and the Razorbacks win some games that the last few years simply slipped away for one reason or another. To rank them any higher than last at this point is folly. To think that coach Morris can breathe excitement into the program and put in place a system where his team can win enough games to go to a bowl the first year is not unreasonable.

Ole Miss is automatically the last place team in the SEC West regardless of their record since they are ineligible for the SEC title game and for post season play

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!

The preseason projections are over-reactions to a new HC with a new scheme and philosophy which, without having been present for practices or workouts, they naturally tend to believe that a transition will require more time. This team has been on a quest since Morris arrived to lose weight and condition to a higher degree. An off season is plenty of time to alter the conditioning level of a team.

As for team speed, I think that while there may be some minimal merit to this, I think that we have a lot more team speed than many realize and I also believe that will be proven at the start of the season.

The question is, where exactly do we lack team speed? At WR? I don't think so. At RB? No. TE? No. QB? Well, perhaps because as of today, we may not have a DT QB who has tremendous speed, but I am not sure that is as necessary as having one who can effectively run the offense on the field.

So again, do we lack speed at LB? Not among the starters. DE? I think we have pretty quick and fast DE's. DT's? Is "speed" really required or is it more a matter of strength, excellent technique and quickness? Are we lacking speed in the Secondary? I don't think so. Being aligned properly in any given call will certainly make a Secondary look faster due to being in position and better physical proximity to make plays.

The O-Linemen don't need a lot of speed and they are going to love the blocking angles given to them by this offense.

I think a lot of this by the "prognosticators" is just a knee jerk reaction to a change in coaching regimes and philosophy.

Most transitions do take a little time. Not all, but most. It is also a function of unfamiliarity of everything a new coach wants to do. Having something drilled into your head 100 times is better than 50. More apt to remember what to do down to the smallest detail. At some point though what to do becomes second nature.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

Most transitions do take a little time. Not all, but most. It is also a function of unfamiliarity of everything a new coach wants to do. Having something drilled into your head 100 times is better than 50. More apt to remember what to do down to the smallest detail. At some point though what to do becomes second nature.

Of course I agree, but the thing that gives me hope is 1) most of these kids came from programs that ran something similar to the Morris/Malzahn offense in high school, so the learning curve could be considerably shorter. 2) Same on defense, the 4-3 is pretty basic though there may be some tweaks with th Chavis version.

One thing I have heard is that these kids have been frustrated with a BBDB philosophy where we couldn't cut loose and apply pressure to opposing QB's. The Chavis version of the 4-3 will likely be the antithesis of that.

We probably can't expect a completely smooth and seamless transition immediately but the first three games are ones in which they can play and learn and most likely win. The following three games will be the testers that really indicate how well and how quickly they have learned...at Auburn, A&M at Jerryworld and then Alabama in Fayetteville. Should we come out of those 6 games at 4-2, we will be in good shape and perhaps win all of the next 3 games.

Who wouldn't like to be 6-3 or 7-2 with an open date headed into a game in Fayetteville with LSU? I think this is very doable.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:13:15 pm by MuskogeeHogFan »

LRRandy

• tOSU

Ole Miss is automatically the last place team in the SEC West regardless of their record since they are ineligible for the SEC title game and for post season play
semantics. You probably have a sugar bowl victory tshirt too.

LRRandy

• tOSU

Of course I agree, but the thing that gives me hope is 1) most of these kids came from programs that ran something similar to the Morris/Malzahn offense in high school, so the learning curve could be considerably shorter. 2) Same on defense, the 4-3 is pretty basic though there may be some tweaks with th Chavis version.

One thing I have heard is that these kids have been frustrated with a BBDB philosophy where we couldn't cut loose and apply pressure to opposing QB's. The Chavis version of the 4-3 will likely be the antithesis of that.

We probably can't expect a completely smooth and seamless transition immediately but the first three games are ones in which they can play and learn and most likely win. The following three games will be the testers that really indicate how well and how quickly they have learned...at Auburn, A&M at Jerryworld and then Alabama in Fayetteville. Should we come out of those 6 games at 4-2, we will be in good shape and perhaps win all of the next 3 games.

Who wouldn't like to be 6-3 or 7-2 with an open date headed into a game in Fayetteville with LSU? I think this is very doable.
question then. Having watched so much spring practice, do you feel that the defensive backfield is talented enough to cover one on one with all the blitzing that you expect?

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!

semantics. You probably have a sugar bowl victory tshirt too.

No, I don't. I'll get one when the Hogs win a Sugar Bowl though.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!

Except I think their games will still count in the standings for the teams they play.

rtr

The game at Jerry's World is key.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

question then. Having watched so much spring practice, do you feel that the defensive backfield is talented enough to cover one on one with all the blitzing that you expect?

I haven't watched spring practice like some of the local media and I can't say how well our Secondary is going to play. That's exactly why I have posed that very question on here repeatedly. I expect, based on Chavis' history at A&M and elsewhere, that we are going to try to be more of a pressure style defense in the front seven. My concern remains that we aren't sure how much that will hurt or help the Secondary play. It didn't help much at A&M. We will see.

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins

...and there's no chance the Hogs finish behind this team. Ole Miss is the purest definition of a dumpster fire. 

EastexHawg

What has happened to this football program is disgusting.  Every other SEC program should pay Jeff Long a lifetime pension.  Some of us saw it coming and said so.  That doesn't make it any easier to stomach.

LRrazorback

What has happened to this football program is disgusting.  Every other SEC program should pay Jeff Long a lifetime pension.  Some of us saw it coming and said so.  That doesn't make it any easier to stomach.

Totally, 100% agree with this.  Since you brought it up.

CBB was a horrible coach and some of us said it but, someone had to hire him. As an AD there's nothing more important than hiring and firing the head football coach and he has a dismal record. JL oversaw the worst futility in our programs history (football and bball) but claimed we weren't a win at all costs program. He personally set us back 15 years. Horrible!  So glad he's gone.

EastexHawg

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.

Revised my preseason picks, think we go 3-9.
7 win team

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins

Revised my preseason picks, think we go 3-9.

7-5 or 8-4.

The Hogs will be bowl eligible at the latest-10/27/2018 (right after the Vanderbilt game).  At that point they'll be either 6-3 or quite possibly 7-2. ...depending on if they finally beat Texas A & M.

Bubba's Bruisers

Who would you consider a playmaker or difference maker on this team? I think that's a fair question.

Fair question.  Um, I'd say Hayden jumps out if healthy, and maybe Whaley.  Agim has all the tools too.  The rest are good football players with potential in general, but vaaaast majority won't be difference makers.   

But I probably have different definition of difference maker than most fans.  I have no illusions that we have 15 or 20 difference makers on this team.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:04:59 pm by Bubba's Bruisers »

PygmalionEffect2

Like I said, simply a "knee jerk reaction".

Come on Muskogee, how can you come on here year in and year out and be critical of these unbiased outside prognostications when you have absolutely no credibility when it comes to predicting wins and losses for the Hogs.  You are always overly optimistic because you are unmitigatingly biased.

And there is nothing wrong with being biased as long as you realize it and own it.  You have no ground to stand on in being critical of others not associated with the program that give us their opinion on our season as you are one of the worst prognosticators ever when it comes to the Razorbacks. 

You can't just come on here year after year with your ridiculously overly optimistic opinions and be seriously critical of outside writers that aren't as optimistic as you are and claim they aren't as accurate.  You are here to pump sunshine, not to be good at predictions.  You need to understand your role.

And again, that's fine.  I like to read your sunny optimistic posts and some of your game by game stuff is good and it's supported, but you are the last person that should come on here with a straight face being critical of these outside writers less than favorable view of our football fortunes this coming season.  You have no capital with which to make that stand.  You should understand that, and when I see that you don't it bothers me.  Sorry.

Here are some of your preseason quotes from last year to back up what I'm saying.  If I went back our last seven crappy years, I would see the same thing.

I know, color me optimistic and all (I can afford to be at this time of the pre-season) but I really believe we are going to be better than expected this year and by better, I mean more than 8 wins.

What is more, I'll go out on a limb and say that the SEC West "should" come down to two teams this year...Auburn and Alabama with Arkansas the dark horse and spoiler.

The problem with that notion over the last three seasons, is that anywhere from 9-10 wins each season have certainly been within our reach, though we have found ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for multiple and varying reasons, the least of which is not having enough talent to get it done.

But this is too strong of a team to just win 6 or 7. Bielema knows it is time to either win 8 in the regular season where we don't give away games, or win 9 and 10 with a bowl win. He knows the way that things lay out.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.

Agreed.  The 2018 schedule sets up very differently than 2017.  2017 was a recipe for a mental funk.  2018 is just the opposite.

Bubba's Bruisers

Come on Muskogee, how can you come on here year in and year out and be critical of these unbiased outside prognostications when you have absolutely no credibility when it comes to predicting wins and losses for the Hogs.  You are always overly optimistic because you are unmitigatingly biased.

And there is nothing wrong with being biased as long as you realize it and own it.  You have no ground to stand on in being critical of others not associated with the program that give us their opinion on our season as you are one of the worst prognosticators ever when it comes to the Razorbacks. 

You can't just come on here year after year with your ridiculously overly optimistic opinions and be seriously critical of outside writers that aren't as optimistic as you are and claim they aren't as accurate.  You are here to pump sunshine, not to be good at predictions.  You need to understand your role.

And again, that's fine.  I like to read your sunny optimistic posts and some of your game by game stuff is good and it's supported, but you are the last person that should come on here with a straight face being critical of these outside writers less than favorable view of our football fortunes this coming season.  You have no capital with which to make that stand.  You should understand that, and when I see that you don't it bothers me.  Sorry.

Here are some of your preseason quotes from last year to back up what I'm saying.  If I went back our last seven crappy years, I would see the same thing.

Then you're going to be bothered for a long time.

Bubba's Bruisers

Agreed.  The 2018 schedule sets up very differently than 2017.  2017 was a recipe for a mental funk.  2018 is just the opposite.

With a new coach, new system, and major QB questions.     

Then there's the ubiquitous mediocre Hog defense.  The one that gives us some unknown reason to be optimistic this time every year. 

We love the lie.

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
    • My YOUTUBE profile & vids

or residue from a non bowl season and the players that go with such a season without a high caliber recruiting class coming in. Coupled with a complete changeover. Hard to realistically pick them to finish higher than anyone in the west.

Ole Miss

Bubba's Bruisers

Ole Miss

So you're saying we're 6th in the West?  Man, that's a relief.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian

Ole Miss

Yep.

Arkansas has won the last four against Ole Miss and play the Rebels in Little Rock.  Still, ESPNís Matchup Predictor gives Ole Miss a 50.9% chance to win. It also gives Arkansas an overwhelming chance of beating the 4 OOC teams on its schedule and Vanderbilt, who the Hogs play in Fayetteville.

Ole Miss plays Vanderbilt, too, but in Nashville. They also play South Carolina at home.

Other than their head-to-head matchup, Ole Miss and Arkansas are predicted to lose every SEC game except Vanderbilt.

So - if ESPN is right, the SEC West cellar dweller will be the loser of the Arkansas-Ole Miss game.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

I'm glad you enjoy my sunny, optimistic posts. Great job on research!

PorkSoda

Yep.

Arkansas has won the last four against Ole Miss and play the Rebels in Little Rock.  Still, ESPNís Matchup Predictor gives Ole Miss a 50.9% chance to win. It also gives Arkansas an overwhelming chance of beating the 4 OOC teams on its schedule and Vanderbilt, who the Hogs play in Fayetteville.

Ole Miss plays Vanderbilt, too, but in Nashville. They also play South Carolina at home.

Other than their head-to-head matchup, Ole Miss and Arkansas are predicted to lose every SEC game except Vanderbilt.

So - if ESPN is right, the SEC West cellar dweller will be the loser of the Arkansas-Ole Miss game.

very likely either arkansas or ole miss will be the worst team in the SEC West, but I hope we are better than a step above the worst.

kodiakisland

Great.  Picked last in his first year.  Nowhere to go but up.  I don't think we will be last, but what I think doesn't matter any more than someone writing an article about what they think.  I'm ready to play some games and see where we are.  Can't wait for this season to begin.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian

very likely either arkansas or ole miss will be the worst team in the SEC West, but I hope we are better than a step above the worst.

There arenít any bad teams in the SEC West. Thatís the challenge.

Melancholy_Pigg

• Bench Warmer
  • Excuse me, sir. Did you just insult that pig?

This may sound crazy, but I am glad we are picked last.  What good would it do to be next to last?   You are still in bad shape.

This way we've bottomed out.  This should give extra motivation to the team and to Coach Morris and the staff.

Being dead last just makes a bigger feather in the cap if Coach Morris can prove some folks wrong. 

BoynamedWooPigSooie

• 5x National Champions 1909, '64, '65, '77, 2010*

I still think we win 8 including the bowl game.  It's not gonna be easy and I'm assuming we get quality QB play from Kelley.  I've softened on my stance that Storey is pure garbage. He actually may be our best option at taking it from shotgun and slinging the ball around quickly.

Still think Hyatt is gonna surprise everybody.

We'll know in August if this team can compete and if Coach Morris can turn hog piss into Heineken.

PorkSoda

good point

LRRandy

• tOSU

present company excluded? Their is only one beast in the sec west now.  There's not another program that strikes fear into everyone like during the championship run when there were multiple teams winning championships. There is one now.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

present company excluded? Their is only one beast in the sec west now.  There's not another program that strikes fear into everyone like during the championship run when there were multiple teams winning championships. There is one now.

Nope, not even excluding present company. Did we play poorly, did the staff let the team and the fans down? Yes to both. There is more talent there than would be reflected by the records. The last three seasons (prior to 2017) this staff lost 2-3 games each season that should not have been lost and then this most recent past season, it appeared that the team finally lost faith in the staff.

And yes of course, there is one team that sits at the top and sets standards that very few teams in any conference in the country can compare to, year in and year since 2008. It just so happens that this particular team is a member of our division.

HoginMemphis

The general consensus is Chad Morris doesn't have the players to run his system. The contrast in styles leads many to the conclusion that our roster will need a complete makeover. Was bielema recruiting slow players or placing to much emphasis on brawn over conditioning? If the former where must we make a huge change on the roster?
The "general consensus" is not always right but in this case, it is clear that the talent level is subpar. The depth is not there either. Give Coach Morris a few seasons to get this turned around and back on the upswing.

HoginMemphis

The preseason projections are over-reactions to a new HC with a new scheme and philosophy which, without having been present for practices or workouts, they naturally tend to believe that a transition will require more time. This team has been on a quest since Morris arrived to lose weight and condition to a higher degree. An off season is plenty of time to alter the conditioning level of a team.

As for team speed, I think that while there may be some minimal merit to this, I think that we have a lot more team speed than many realize and I also believe that will be proven at the start of the season.

The question is, where exactly do we lack team speed? At WR? I don't think so. At RB? No. TE? No. QB? Well, perhaps because as of today, we may not have a DT QB who has tremendous speed, but I am not sure that is as necessary as having one who can effectively run the offense on the field.

So again, do we lack speed at LB? Not among the starters. DE? I think we have pretty quick and fast DE's. DT's? Is "speed" really required or is it more a matter of strength, excellent technique and quickness? Are we lacking speed in the Secondary? I don't think so. Being aligned properly in any given call will certainly make a Secondary look faster due to being in position and better physical proximity to make plays.

The O-Linemen don't need a lot of speed and they are going to love the blocking angles given to them by this offense.

I think a lot of this by the "prognosticators" is just a knee jerk reaction to a change in coaching regimes and philosophy.
Overreactions
Minimal merit
more than many realize
knee jerk reaction

You are going to be very disappointed if you are expecting 7 or 8 wins. Will do well to win 5.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

Overreactions
Minimal merit
more than many realize
knee jerk reaction

You are going to be very disappointed if you are expecting 7 or 8 wins. Will do well to win 5.

I know you and a few others are certainly hoping that will be the case. It would be terrible for you and the others to be proven wrong, wouldn't it?

HoginMemphis

I know you and a few others are certainly hoping that will be the case. It would be terrible for you and the others to be proven wrong, wouldn't it?
that is your response? That someone else hopes for something less than the most optimistic fool hopes for?

Firstly, you are wrong. Secondly, you're out of touch with any vestige of reality. It's easy to see what this team's talent level is. The new coaching staff should help the W column but it won't double last year W's. Not even Nick Saban could accomplish that this year at Arkansas. Again, doing well to win 5 games. 6 would be great. 

LRRandy

• tOSU

Overreactions
Minimal merit
more than many realize
knee jerk reaction

he's used to it, he  said "more than 8" last year and got 4.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas