• 395,529 Topics
• 22,308 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: An anonymous SEC coach gave this scorching take on Malzahn in national magazine  (Read 9889 times)

HoginMemphis

Mazahn never publicly complains. He gets others to do that. His wife came into NWA last fall and told her friends that they were house hunting because he was likely going to be fired. That started the movement to hire him at Arkansas because they had friends in high places who could make it happen. He didn't talk directly to anyone conducting the job search. He's much too smart for that. They dealt with his agent who openly encouraged them. I've been told that is wife did talk directly to some of her friends and she indicated that she had her fingers crossed that it would work out because she and Gus wanted to come home.

As for this: "Arkansas prostituted itself and Malzahn remained faithful and turned them down and got a raise from his current employer due to having a good record there" You are clueless. I have seen how he uses people. I have talked with parents of his former players. I've talked with men who have coached under him. He is infamous for unkept promises.

I also know a few longtime Auburn boosters who are royally ticked at the way he used the offer from Arkansas to convince their AD and BOT to give him that huge contract.

However he is not Arkansas' problem and that was the point of my original post.
Oh, so the U of A heard what his wife way saying to her friends and believed it. Ok. How professional of the U of A administration.

Malzahn's agent had discussions with the U of A people and the agent encouraged them to make an offer? How boorish and unprofessional of the agent doing his job. My goodness, what has this world come to? Taking advantage of the poor folks at the Univ of Arkansas. Will this madness never end for the mistreated U of A? I mean, Gus's wife actually had her fingers crossed about her husband losing his job at Auburn so that they could have a big happy reunion back at the U of A. But you are saying she did not mean it. It was a ruse on by the Malzahn's to get mo money from Auburn. Ahhhh, that was surely a dastardly deed.

The really do use people. I wonder what the Auburn AD thinks now. He was abused big time, as was the Auburn chancellor and the Auburn BOT. They have been around the block a lot given they regularly compete with Alabama. They are in the same state you know. But apparently Auburn was taken advantage of by the great deceiver, Gus. He got both Arkansas and Auburn with one shot. Wow.

Gus is a pro at this after just a year at A-State as a head coach. The Auburn gig has really been a great experience...taught him how to use university BOTs, chancellors, boosters, and AD's. And he got the right agent too...that agent sure took advantage of Arkansas when we were at out low point and so vulnerable. We did not realize what we were doing. So wrong of Gus and his wife. Gosh.

HoginMemphis

Honestly seems like the same thing that happens in business all the time. If you think you are going to lose your job you leverage your connections/network. I'm always entertained by your perception of things. Good stuff.
Sounds like what you would hear from a teenage girl whose boyfriend left her for another girl in the 10th grade.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net

Oh, so the U of A heard what his wife way saying to her friends and believed it. Ok. How professional of the U of A administration.

Malzahn's agent had discussions with the U of A people and the agent encouraged them to make an offer? How boorish and unprofessional of the agent doing his job. My goodness, what has this world come to? Taking advantage of the poor folks at the Univ of Arkansas. Will this madness never end for the mistreated U of A? I mean, Gus's wife actually had her fingers crossed about her husband losing his job at Auburn so that they could have a big happy reunion back at the U of A. But you are saying she did not mean it. It was a ruse on by the Malzahn's to get mo money from Auburn. Ahhhh, that was surely a dastardly deed.

The really do use people. I wonder what the Auburn AD thinks now. He was abused big time, as was the Auburn chancellor and the Auburn BOT. They have been around the block a lot given they regularly compete with Alabama. They are in the same state you know. But apparently Auburn was taken advantage of by the great deceiver, Gus. He got both Arkansas and Auburn with one shot. Wow.

Gus is a pro at this after just a year at A-State as a head coach. The Auburn gig has really been a great experience...taught him how to use university BOTs, chancellors, boosters, and AD's. And he got the right agent too...that agent sure took advantage of Arkansas when we were at out low point and so vulnerable. We did not realize what we were doing. So wrong of Gus and his wife. Gosh.

“None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see.”
Matthew Henry

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!

You really need to stop kissing Gus's backside.

Al Boarland

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Sounds like what you would hear from a teenage girl whose boyfriend left her for another girl in the 10th grade.

Kind of how Mike came off in his post to me.

Mike Irwin

Gus' great advantage is that he and his wife became good friends with some people who have the ability to make things happen at the university. They were very close to these people. Close enough that they believed Kristi was shooting straight with them. If they are guilty of anything they are guilty of believing a close friend, someone they'd done numerous big favors for over the years, was telling them the truth.

You can pass this off as Gus was smart and they were bumbling amateurs all you want. I know these people. They weren't born yesterday. Maybe in your world misleading close friends to gain an advantage for yourself is a good thing. In my world it's about as low as a person can get.

But again who cares now? Arkansas got an offensive innovator who, by all accounts, doesn't have a history of making empty promises to his close friends to advance his career.

Al Boarland

Well said HIM.  Some on here are coming off like jilted lovers.  Perception is a powerful thing. 

Here is another view point.

Gus was on the ropes at AU.  His wife, concerned about his professional future, talks to friends expressing interest in coming back home if things don't work out.  Meanwhile, Gus and agent have discussions about next steps if he were to be terminated and the agent, doing what he is paid to do, gauges the interests of programs looking for their next coach.  With Long on the way out a power grab ensues.  A group of individuals think Malzahn could be the next HC at the UofA and push for it.  Numbers are thrown around.  November comes and Malzahn beats AU's two biggest rivals in decided fashion clenching the western division title.  Everything changes and Gus knows AU is a place where you can attract the kind of talent to compete for championships.  Sure, there are AU boosters thinking he is not deserving of the deal his agent negotiated, but with new leadership at the university and a hefty buyout he will have every opportunity to prove doubters wrong.  Malzahn inks the new deal.  His friends are happy for him because they are his friends and friends want their friends to find success and happiness.

The end.

HoginMemphis

“None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see.”
Matthew Henry
This is accurate. And I'm sure the people who are not hearing and very biased here are people like you and Mike. I'm as unbiased as it gets. Not viewing every comment here thru cardinal red-colored lenses.

HoginMemphis

Gus' great advantage is that he and his wife became good friends with some people who have the ability to make things happen at the university. They were very close to these people. Close enough that they believed Kristi was shooting straight with them. If they are guilty of anything they are guilty of believing a close friend, someone they'd done numerous big favors for over the years, was telling them the truth.

You can pass this off as Gus was smart and they were bumbling amateurs all you want. I know these people. They weren't born yesterday. Maybe in your world misleading close friends to gain an advantage for yourself is a good thing. In my world it's about as low as a person can get.

But again who cares now? Arkansas got an offensive innovator who, by all accounts, doesn't have a history of making empty promises to his close friends to advance his career.
If the so-called friends (who can make things happen at the U of A) of Kristi Malazhn told you or anyone else all of this, then they are not friends of Kristi. Stop while you are behind. This is sounding so female teenager'ish. If the so-called friends are that powerful, they surely cannot be that stupid. You just want it to be so because you do not like Malzahn. Stop your gossiping when you do not really know what happened between all parties.

Btw, in my world, I don't gossip about close friends. It's called loyalty.

HoginMemphis

Well said HIM.  Some on here are coming off like jilted lovers.  Perception is a powerful thing. 

Here is another view point.

Gus was on the ropes at AU.  His wife, concerned about his professional future, talks to friends expressing interest in coming back home if things don't work out.  Meanwhile, Gus and agent have discussions about next steps if he were to be terminated and the agent, doing what he is paid to do, gauges the interests of programs looking for their next coach.  With Long on the way out a power grab ensues.  A group of individuals think Malzahn could be the next HC at the UofA and push for it.  Numbers are thrown around.  November comes and Malzahn beats AU's two biggest rivals in decided fashion clenching the western division title.  Everything changes and Gus knows AU is a place where you can attract the kind of talent to compete for championships.  Sure, there are AU boosters thinking he is not deserving of the deal his agent negotiated, but with new leadership at the university and a hefty buyout he will have every opportunity to prove doubters wrong.  Malzahn inks the new deal.  His friends are happy for him because they are his friends and friends want their friends to find success and happiness.

The end.
Common sense and instinct tells any normal, rational person that this is almost exactly how the scenario developed and ended. It's not a complex deal. Happens every year to many head coaches. Their futures are very uncertain, even if they are winning. Irwin knows this so apparently he is biased here against Malzahn. Not a great trait for a sports writer. Maybe time to retire.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.

Common sense and instinct tells any normal, rational person that this is almost exactly how the scenario developed and ended.

Yep.  Had Auburn lost to Georgia, Malzahn would probably be in Fayetteville.  I've never understood the Hogville theories about Malzahn.  He could have radically improved the path of the last 12 years had different decisions been made from 2006 forward.  It's not like he didn't want to be here.  We looked a gift horse in the mouth. 

As much as I always believed in Malzahn as a coach, I think we have Malzahn-plus with Chad Morris.  So I'm glad it worked out the way it did this time.

PorkRinds

Common sense and instinct tells any normal, rational person that this is almost exactly how the scenario developed and ended. It's not a complex deal. Happens every year to many head coaches. Their futures are very uncertain, even if they are winning. Irwin knows this so apparently he is biased here against Malzahn. Not a great trait for a sports writer. Maybe time to retire.

You really should just open a can of STFU juice and chug that bad boy.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!

If the so-called friends (who can make things happen at the U of A) of Kristi Malazhn told you or anyone else all of this, then they are not friends of Kristi. Stop while you are behind. This is sounding so female teenager'ish. If the so-called friends are that powerful, they surely cannot be that stupid. You just want it to be so because you do not like Malzahn. Stop your gossiping when you do not really know what happened between all parties.

Btw, in my world, I don't gossip about close friends. It's called loyalty.

Like I said earlier, you really need to stop kissing Gus Malzahn's backside. You aren't the only one doing it hough.

Skandar Jackson

• He's learning japanese & getting pretty good at it

Mike I appreciate your candidness in this thread, giving us some true insights we wouldn't otherwise have as hogville was built on wild rumors, conjecture, speculation, and gas baggery.   

While you're at it, can you shed any light on CBB's Jellysandwichgate and lobstergate?

Two questions:

1.  Did the team really eat jelly sandwiches at halftime of every game and if so, did the media every wonder if perhaps a sugar crash was to blame for all those second half meltdowns?

2.  CBB said the team ate lobsters after victories.  How did the man get his hands on 100+ lobsters between Saturday night and Sunday afternoon living in Fayetteville, AR?  Is there a lobster truck or something running around that no one knows about or did he have a hook up with someone? 

I'm not trying to be funny but I'd sure appreciate your insights on these hotly debated issues since CBB is long gone.

HogPharmer

Joke's on you Mike, HiM has no friends

HognitiveDissonance

Yep.  Had Auburn lost to Georgia, Malzahn would probably be in Fayetteville.  I've never understood the Hogville theories about Malzahn.  He could have radically improved the path of the last 12 years had different decisions been made from 2006 forward.  It's not like he didn't want to be here.  We looked a gift horse in the mouth. 

As much as I always believed in Malzahn as a coach, I think we have Malzahn-plus with Chad Morris.  So I'm glad it worked out the way it did this time.
This is my take as well.
The Malzahns were simply covering all their bases and being prepared either way. I think it was a fluid situation, and they were keeping their options open. AS ANYONE WOULD.
If the Auburn season didn't end well, maybe it's time to get out and make a fresh start back home in Arkansas.
But the season did end well, and he made probably the right move in taking the gigantic money and a better recruiting situation there. (It was a short term win, but long term loss for him, though, as now the pressure will be off the charts)

I am always amused how people tend to think everything is a mass conspiracy.
Usually things aren't that complicated. I know it sounds more exciting that way, but I don't think that's usually the case.

Like, in this case, Wally Hall wrote a tongue-in-cheek article practically begging Gus to come home. Then afterwards, he wrote there was no chance Gus was ever coming here and Jimmy Sexton was just working for a raise. Ok, Wally, then why did you write what you did if you knew it was a done deal he was staying at Auburn? Answer: because you didn't know that at the time. Nobody knew for sure. It all depended on how the season played out.

Sivad

Mike: Are the Board of Trustees upset that Gus misled them and hung them out to dry?

Al Boarland

This is my take as well.
The Malzahns were simply covering all their bases and being prepared either way. I think it was a fluid situation, and they were keeping their options open. AS ANYONE WOULD.
If the Auburn season didn't end well, maybe it's time to get out and make a fresh start back home in Arkansas.
But the season did end well, and he made probably the right move in taking the gigantic money and a better recruiting situation there. (It was a short term win, but long term loss for him, though, as now the pressure will be off the charts)

I am always amused how people tend to think everything is a mass conspiracy.
Usually things aren't that complicated. I know it sounds more exciting that way, but I don't think that's usually the case.

Like, in this case, Wally Hall wrote a tongue-in-cheek article practically begging Gus to come home. Then afterwards, he wrote there was no chance Gus was ever coming here and Jimmy Sexton was just working for a raise. Ok, Wally, then why did you write what you did if you knew it was a done deal he was staying at Auburn? Answer: because you didn't know that at the time. Nobody knew for sure. It all depended on how the season played out.

You know it's bad when someone that covers a program only shares one version of a story. That's what makes the UofA so unique.  Most of the people that cover the program are fans first. Hell, D Dawson talked about streaking after X number of wins on Bo's show. Fan boys are common place. If you are going to be objective you have to consider that fandom comes first whether it's intentional or unintential.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net

Mike: Are the Board of Trustees upset that Gus misled them and hung them out to dry?

How on earth did Gus hang the U of Arkansas Board of Trustees out to dry?
They aren’t the ones who gave him a $49 million contract. If anyone was misled & hung out to dry it was the “Powers that be” at Auburn. AU is the one that owes Saint Gus the cash...not Arkansas. My gosh...some of you people are absolutely clueless.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!

You know it's bad when someone that covers a program only shares one version of a story. That's what makes the UofA so unique.  Most of the people that cover the program are fans first. Hell, D Dawson talked about streaking after X number of wins on Bo's show. Fan boys are common place. If you are going to be objective you have to consider that fandom comes first whether it's intentional or unintential.

Accusing Mike Irwin of not being objective is outrageously silly.

Sivad

How on earth did Gus hang the U of Arkansas Board of Trustees out to dry?
My gosh...some of you people are absolutely clueless.
How?
He and his friends lead the BOT to believe if they would fire Bielema they could hire him. Then when he got what he really wanted all along - a contract extension and raise from Auburn - he left the BOT in a bind. The whole country knew the UA did not get the coach it wanted, the BOT had no backup plan, had just spent a boxcar load of money, we were competing with other big SEC jobs and time was running out for a hire with recruiting deadlines approaching fast.

HognitiveDissonance

For the record, I think this was a win-win for Arkansas.
If Gus came, Ark got a proven, successful coach....from Arkansas on top of that. So much the better.

If he didn't come, it means Ark didn't have to pay some ridiculous price, creating instant, ridiculous pressure. And they still ended up with a promising coach at a much lower price.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net

For the record, I think this was a win-win for Arkansas.
If Gus came, Ark got a proven, successful coach....from Arkansas on top of that. So much the better.

If he didn't come, it means Ark didn't have to pay some ridiculous price, creating instant, ridiculous pressure. And they still ended up with a promising coach at a much lower price.

Exactly. Well, except for having to pay Gus $49 million. Thank goodness we got hung out to dry so we didn’t spend that money.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 07:53:28 am by (notOM)Rebel123 »

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net

How?
He and his friends lead the BOT to believe if they would fire Bielema they could hire him. Then when he got what he really wanted all along - a contract extension and raise from Auburn - he left the BOT in a bind. The whole country knew the UA did not get the coach it wanted, the BOT had no backup plan, had just spent a boxcar load of money, we were competing with other big SEC jobs and time was running out for a hire with recruiting deadlines approaching fast.

Bielema was gone anyway...

RexMentor

• Varsity

This is perhaps the most interesting thread on the board right now. However, I think a major point is being missed. Jeff Long was fired because he was going to stop playing games in Little Rock. Some powers in Little Rock were not going to let that happen, so Long was disposed of. CBB was failing and Long wanted to give him the full six years, another reason to let Long go. At mid-season last year, Malzahn was in deep trouble at Auburn. He will be again, too. He's a mediocre coach who happens to play a scheme that can be exceptionally good when the right quarterback runs it. The spread is just the old wishbone in a new set of clothes. The wishbone depended on the quarterback to make proper reads about distributing the ball. So does the spread. Malzahn simply did what he needed to do to preserve his career. If there is fault to be applied, it belongs to the powers that be in LR and the Board of Trustees. Malzahn did what he has always done -- promote himself and play every possible angle. I don't like that but that's what he did. As for objective reporting and informed commentary from 30,000 feet about the Razorbacks, it left the state in the mid-70s when Fred Morrow left the Democrat. It also stopped when Jim Bailey and Harry King retired. For now, it's all about who can be the biggest fanboy in print, on TV and on the radio. I think Morris will do fine here but it's not about the scheme guys, it's about getting the ball from where it is to where you want it to be and there are a lot of ways to do that.

Athog

• Hogville.net

This is pretty funny considering we gave him leverage to get his raise and a new contract.

Lindy’s Sports annual college magazine typically asks SEC football coaches about the other teams in the conference and prints their responses under the condition of anonymity.

When the topic of Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn came up, one coach didn’t hold back. "Auburn is paying Gus Malzahn $50 million [Malzahn’s seven-year contract pays him $49 million], and he underachieved again," the SEC coach told Lindy’s. "If Nick Saban had Auburn's talent, he'd have won national championships the last two years. Auburn had the best front seven in college ball last year, but the offense sometimes disappears."

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article211908389.html#storylink=cpy

I am not a Gus fan but that sounds like jealousy!! By the way who recruited those kids toAuburn?

rogersvillemohog

The part that I find hilarious about all of this is the blind support for Gus. Everyone at Auburn knows he needs to give up his role in the offense and let the innovative Chip Linsey take over full control of the offense. Sound familiar? As far as I can tell, most at Auburn are upset at the fact that he leveraged himself by flirting with another program to get more money from his employer. Sound familiar? Most at Auburn at fed up with unexplainable losses to lesser teams. Sound familiar?

Ahhhh, yes. If his name was Houston Dale Nutt and this was happening at Arkansas, we would be running him out of town via angry mob. But since he is prodigal son, the prince of Springdale, the mostest innovative offensive genius in the history of the game of football, THE Gus Malzahn he is treated with kid gloves by so many on this board. Did y'all know him personally? Or do you just get a hard-on for single wing direct snaps to the fullback followed by the whirlybird? https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2016/9/7/12823856/auburns-single-wing-spinning-fullback-series

HogPharmer

How?

I didn't want Gus in the first place so maybe that's why my viewpoint on it is a little different than yours. He proved exactly why we shouldn't have hired him when he used the U of A to get his extension. Plus, other than his first year at Auburn and this past year (and even this year, where his team fell flat in their bowl game), he has done a mediocre job, at best, at Auburn by their standards. He gets some of the best players in the country--players he wouldn't get if he were the head hog, and still underachieved with them. I don't want that here. We may get that here with CCM, but it's not going to come with a $50mil contract like it would have with Gus.

HoginMemphis

I didn't want Gus in the first place so maybe that's why my viewpoint on it is a little different than yours. He proved exactly why we shouldn't have hired him when he used the U of A to get his extension. Plus, other than his first year at Auburn and this past year (and even this year, where his team fell flat in their bowl game), he has done a mediocre job, at best, at Auburn by their standards. He gets some of the best players in the country--players he wouldn't get if he were the head hog, and still underachieved with them. I don't want that here. We may get that here with CCM, but it's not going to come with a $50mil contract like it would have with Gus.
Whether you wanted Gus or not, he never wanted you and Arkansas so your desire matters not. All coaches use programs for better jobs and more money. You are naive to think otherwise.

HogPharmer

Whether you wanted Gus or not, he never wanted you and Arkansas so your desire matters not. All coaches use programs for better jobs and more money. You are naive to think otherwise.

Did I say I thought otherwise? I knew he used the U of A to get a bigger pay day. And if the Barners were dumb enough to pay him, then good for him.

And thanks for clarifying that Gus Malzhan did not in fact want me.... I was tired of losing sleep over that. Your reading comprehension is extremely poor. You really are an idiot, in case no one has told you today.

Al Boarland

It's not just coaches. People often have another job offer in hand to get a raise with their current employer. There is nothing shady about it at all. People here let their passion block their sense of reason. Gus did what professionals do every day.

WilsonHog

• Administrator

I have locked the thread.

HiM and Hogpharmer...

If the two of you do not stop personally attacking one another, the next time you will be able to log on will be around kick-off of our first game. I’m tired of having to babysit grown men.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net

In pharmer’s defense, he is a teenage girl trapped in  little boy’s body.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose

Good thing we signed Gus for $50M....errr

Skandar Jackson

HiM and Hogpharmer...

If the two of you do not stop personally attacking one another, the next time you will be able to log on will be around kick-off of our first game. I’m tired of having to babysit grown men.

I agree with this except I think I would change it to these two mouthbreather not  being able to log on until around kick-off of our last game. 

HogPharmer

I agree with this except I think I would change it to these two mouthbreather not  being able to log on until around kick-off of our last game.

Well... ain’t you [CENSORED] something....

Skandar Jackson

Well... ain’t you [CENSORED] something....

A good friend of mine used that same phrase many moons ago and he ain't here no more.  So watch it, buddy.

Al Boarland

The part that I find hilarious about all of this is the blind support for Gus. Everyone at Auburn knows he needs to give up his role in the offense and let the innovative Chip Linsey take over full control of the offense. Sound familiar? As far as I can tell, most at Auburn are upset at the fact that he leveraged himself by flirting with another program to get more money from his employer. Sound familiar? Most at Auburn at fed up with unexplainable losses to lesser teams. Sound familiar?

Ahhhh, yes. If his name was Houston Dale Nutt and this was happening at Arkansas, we would be running him out of town via angry mob. But since he is prodigal son, the prince of Springdale, the mostest innovative offensive genius in the history of the game of football, THE Gus Malzahn he is treated with kid gloves by so many on this board. Did y'all know him personally? Or do you just get a hard-on for single wing direct snaps to the fullback followed by the whirlybird? https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2016/9/7/12823856/auburns-single-wing-spinning-fullback-series

I'm going to hold off on taking jabs at Malzahn until we know Morris can get it done. This conference can make good coaches look mediocre and mediocre coaches look worse.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose

I'm going to hold off on taking jabs at Malzahn until we know Morris can get it done. This conference can make good coaches look mediocre and mediocre coaches look worse.

Tell Aunt Bea Gomer sez hey...!

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...

However someone chooses to spin what happened is fine. Gus is not here and I am more than happy with that. However, I can tell you this. Malzahn lost friends and burnt a lot of bridges on how it went down. While there where no "official" conversations, he was using the connections of people that considered him a friend. He has proven that he will do whatever he has to do to further his career and look out for himself. It doesn't matter who you are or what he has promised you, don't get in his way. It's the way he operates and he's good with it. That's fine too. He's entitled to be that way but it also has shown he is a slime ball with no moral character. He even lost a lot of his old Shiloh supporters with his last stunt and it takes a lot for that cult to run out of excuses.

Dark Helmet Hog

He's far from being the Prince of Springdale and the old school Red Dogs certainly don't see him that way. Shiloh? Maybe, but Springdale football will be forever the face of Jarrell Williams. He is more a man and coach than Gus could ever hope to become.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose

However someone chooses to spin what happened is fine. Gus is not here and I am more than happy with that. However, I can tell you this. Malzahn lost friends and burnt a lot of bridges on how it went down. While there where no "official" conversations, he was using the connections of people that considered him a friend. He has proven that he will do whatever he has to do to further his career and look out for himself. It doesn't matter who you are or what he has promised you, don't get in his way. It's the way he operates and he's good with it. That's fine too. He's entitled to be that way but it also has shown he is a slime ball with no moral character. He even lost a lot of his old Shiloh supporters with his last stunt and it takes a lot for that cult to run out of excuses.

Although I don't know any details, this sounds right. I still believe the folks that told me Gus was waiting for a phone call from Arkansas right up to the minute fat boy was hired....of course he never got that call and I think he's been bitter ever since.

Al Boarland

Oh there's some spin going on all right.

Dark Helmet Hog

Oh there's some spin going on all right.

Just the facts. Handle it or not. The choice is yours.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!

Al Boarland

Just the facts. Handle it or not. The choice is yours.

I had already explained the situation before you showed up with your Lifetime movie plot. I'll admit your version is much more entertaining.

HoginMemphis

HiM and Hogpharmer...

I have not done that with this kid. He is just another in a long line of commenters here who is basically stalking me and has commented on my posts in most threads with name calling and generally negative comments about me. That kid needs a timeout in the corner to gather his wits.

Skandar Jackson

I have not done that with this kid. He is just another in a long line of commenters here who is basically stalking me and has commented on my posts in most threads with name calling and generally negative comments about me. That kid needs a timeout in the corner to gather his wits.

I say this with all due respect...you are becoming the Forrest city Joe of mmqb.  People just cant resist taking a shot at you.  And like when they get mixed up with Joe folks usually regret it when they get mixed up with you. 

I will say your grammar is slightly better than Joe's. 

Mike Irwin

This fall I will start my 44th season of covering Hog football. Some coaches were better than others. Some teams were successful and some were flat awful. But the nuts and bolts of my job didn't change much year to year. Then 2005-06 arrived. It was like I stepped into Bizarro World. Rumors were flying.  Boosters were lobbying the media.

This isn't Nutt's fault. It's Gus' fault. Gus is evil. He wants Nutt's job.

Nope, it's Nutt and his wife. They liars and they are mean to Gus & Kristi.

No way. It's that Mustain kid and his mom. They want to run the team.

Yack, yack, yack. Blah, blah, blah.

The fan base split. Families split. The media split. Everybody took sides. Everybody was an expert. Almost nobody knew what the hell was actually going on.

Petrino came along and things went back to normal for four seasons. It was great. Then came the volleyball chick, the motorcycle wreck, John L. the Loon, Bert arguing with Gus and Coach Bro in Lubbock. My freaking head was spinning again.

Maybe, just maybe, Chad Morris will lead us out of Bizarro World. We don't deserve this. We need it to be about football again.

Thank God Auburn gave Gus all that money.

Ben

• Senior

Funny you say that. He and Malzahn at one point were the highest paid OC in history
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas