• 395,371 Topics
• 22,296 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Poll

Will Chad Morris be our head coach in 5 years?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coach Morris  (Read 6508 times)

Sivad

Re: Coach Morris
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2018, 02:12:49 pm »

I'll stick to my signature line.  Morris will be under 0.500 after 3 years, and Yurachek doesn't go all Long-y on him to keep him around.
He doesn’t have a successful NCAA head coaching record to stand on so his leash will be shorter. Hopefully he earns extending it.

LRrazorback

« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2018, 02:58:23 pm »

I'll stick to my signature line.  Morris will be under 0.500 after 3 years, and Yurachek doesn't go all Long-y on him to keep him around.

Curious why you think this.
I completely disagree.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • See if you can guess...what I am now
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2018, 06:20:00 pm »

So at 3-9, 5-7, and 9-4, we'd be under .500 after three years but trending up.

Give him 2 years to get his players and system in place, and maybe win 9 in year 3, but still be below .500 after year 3? I could live with that.

DLUXHOG

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2018, 07:12:09 pm »

OLEJACKETFAN

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2018, 09:50:25 pm »

Will win AT least 6 Games!

HotlantaHog

« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2018, 01:56:46 pm »

I voted yes.

No reason he doesn't do reasonably well. And if he does, there is reason to think he won't stay for awhile (Petrino and Bielema both were paid handsomely and no reason Morris wouldn't be too.)

VirginiaHog

« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2018, 02:31:29 pm »

He will be 6-6 (7-6 with bowl) this year. So he will not be under 500 after e yrs.

razorsharptusk

• Fightin' Lumberjacks!
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2018, 09:07:08 am »

We really have not seen him do anything in the SEC.  What I do see thus far, I like.  It appears he has restored, or well on his way to bringing discipline back to the locker room.  It appears he has changed the mind set and overall attitude of the players that so desperately needed changing. Seems we were of the "one mistake and quit" mentality, and I see that quickly going away.  If the Hogs can put up some wins, this will continue to get better as their confidence in what he is Coaching they will buy into even more.

I do believe we are going to see some different, and much more exciting football than what we have seen over the last 5 years.  It may take a couple of years to get all the pieces, but we will enjoy watching how he builds the program I believe.  I'm ready to see an energetic, no quit in them, team play their hearts out for 4 quarters.  I'm ready to see some coaches that have life in them on the sidelines.  So go the coaches, so go the players.  I've already seen some changes in these players in the way they talk that Coach Morris has been good for them.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2018, 09:11:41 pm »

So at 3-9, 5-7, and 9-4, we'd be under .500 after three years but trending up.

Give him 2 years to get his players and system in place, and maybe win 9 in year 3, but still be below .500 after year 3? I could live with that.

That would put us well on pace to have more NFL draft picks over the next two years than wins.

Now, I'm guessing you just chose those numbers somewhat arbitrarily to match his 17-21 record but make a point about improvement, which I totally agree with.

However, IMO, there's no real scenario at 17-21 that really works out in our favor. Sure, it'd be nice winning 9 games, but then it'd beg the question of why Morris couldn't win jack before and would begin to look very similar to Nutt.

HeathWimp

• AKA "Frank's Slap Rendition Camp"
« Reply #109 on: Today at 09:21:10 am »

I'm sorry that you so frequently disagree with my opinion. 

HeathWimp

• AKA "Frank's Slap Rendition Camp"
« Reply #110 on: Today at 09:26:37 am »

That would put us well on pace to have more NFL draft picks over the next two years than wins.

Now, I'm guessing you just chose those numbers somewhat arbitrarily to match his 17-21 record but make a point about improvement, which I totally agree with.

However, IMO, there's no real scenario at 17-21 that really works out in our favor. Sure, it'd be nice winning 9 games, but then it'd beg the question of why Morris couldn't win jack before and would begin to look very similar to Nutt.

I see Morris winning 4, 6, and 7 games over the next 3 seasons.  A low starting point, and just enough improvement for there to be a heated argument about keeping him around for Year 4. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas