• 9,934,205 Posts
• 399,439 Topics
• 22,898 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baker's Dozen Predictions for 2018  (Read 3578 times)

wildturkey8

Re: Baker's Dozen Predictions for 2018
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2018, 03:48:03 pm »

That may be the first reference to ever go over my head Haha

There is nothing wrong with being positive. I think in a year or two Morris can have us back to a respectable level, and possibly more! I just don't think he is a miracle worker. And he doesn't have to be 

I would love them to come out and shock me and the world, I just think so many things are stacked against them to do that right now. I do think this year will be more fun to watch than last year, even If they only win one more game.
At least you have a sense of humor.  This is Sting Ray: https://www/youtube.com/watch?/V=Uyd0fEJt-Ls  No harm intended, just a little kidding.  You may indeed be right.  I would think it has been a wildly successful season if we go 6-6.

wildturkey8

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2018, 03:59:13 pm »

I don't take myself too seriously at all.

Those who take themselves too seriously are ones who bitch and moan and cry and think the sky is falling and Morris was the worst hire ever if he doesn't win 8 games in year one.
You are doing it now.  Please spare me the self-righteousness.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2018, 03:59:50 pm »

You are doing it now.  Please spare me the self-righteousness.

Then spare me the anguish and existential crisis if he doesn't win 8 in year 1.

Deal?

wildturkey8

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2018, 04:02:17 pm »

Then spare me the anguish and existential crisis if he doesn't win 8 in year 1.

Deal?
No deals with you.  I will say as I please within the rules of Hogville.

PorkRinds

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2018, 04:48:23 pm »

Lawn Boy opener first night.

I may be the only one who gets it.

widespreadsooie

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2018, 08:47:10 am »

I may be the only one who gets it.

Lol. One more than I expected.

sowmonella

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You know I'm right.
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2018, 08:53:48 am »

I'm gonna call the Miss St. game a loss for the Hogs for a few reasons...1. It's in Starkville, and that is a tough place to go win a ballgame. 2. Their starting QB (Fitzgerald) is a dynamic and elusive play maker. 3. They have 8 starters returning on offense, and 6 on defense.
With a little bit of luck, maybe this new head coach of theirs will turn out to be not as good as Dan Mullen.
I am expecting Mullen to win a national championship at Florida in the next five years.

I wouldn't be shocked if Mullen has some major issues at Florida. Just a hunch.

redleg

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2018, 11:27:35 am »

Here's a prediction for you . . . I'll put the over/under for "number of the above predictions that are - objectively - 'correct' after the end of the 2018 season" at 5 1/2.  And I'm going with . . . the Under.

By the way . . . if your current gig doesn't work out, you might try reading tea leaves, or otherwise telling fortunes.
Orrr...I could just continue doing whatever I want to do and ignore your lame@ss snarky remarks.  :-*

LRhawg926

• Senior
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2018, 03:30:46 pm »

I think we beat LSU.

bigpigpimpin

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2018, 05:21:49 pm »

I was with you until you said 8-4. After watching the spring game, I just have to laugh at that prediction.

We are slow, small, don't throw it well, dont catch it well, and putting in a whole new system. If we go 8-4 Morris should run for governor, president, and Mr. Universe. 8-4 lol

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2018, 06:03:41 pm »

I think we beat LSU.

LSU does have some issues, especially on the offensive side of the line of scrimmage. They lost the starting QB, the Starting All everything RB, plus 2 starting Wide Receivers off of last year's team and may have lost a couple of OLinemen too. This is the first year where Orgeron's recruiting will really show as many of the Mad Hatter's recruits are gone.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2018, 06:24:29 pm »

I was with you until you said 8-4. After watching the spring game, I just have to laugh at that prediction.

We are slow, small, don't throw it well, dont catch it well, and putting in a whole new system. If we go 8-4 Morris should run for governor, president, and Mr. Universe. 8-4 lol

Don't put much stock in what you saw at the Spring game. They'd only had 12 practices so the coaches knew the offense wouldn't be anywhere close to being where they want it to be. There are still a lot off practices left and you can bet the QB's will be working on their passing all summer. The 1st and 2nd team defenses were much better than I expected them to be and a lot farther along than I expected.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2018, 02:39:44 pm »

After the Long Hog Farmer disaster I would buy a cuban and smoke it if we went 8-4 in the Fall.

LRhawg926

• Senior
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2018, 03:29:29 pm »

LSU does have some issues, especially on the offensive side of the line of scrimmage. They lost the starting QB, the Starting All everything RB, plus 2 starting Wide Receivers off of last year's team and may have lost a couple of OLinemen too. This is the first year where Orgeron's recruiting will really show as many of the Mad Hatter's recruits are gone.

That's why I think we beat them. Ed O is horrible and people will see that again soon. He was not successful at Ole Miss or USC. He won't be successful in corndogville either. Arkansas gets the boot back this year.

rlamb

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2018, 03:14:32 am »

As far as a loss to the Necks (at least that's what the Rebels
used to call them in the old days) of Misstake, I thought Fitzgerald
graduated? Misstake won't beat us without a QB like Fitzgerald
or the Dallas QB, Didn't we break his leg last year anyway?

oldhawg

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2018, 05:36:37 am »

Not everyone predicts doom and gloom. (SIAP)

Pete Fiutak, College Football News (May1st) predicts possibly eight wins for Razorbacks in 2018:

"Guessing The Preseason Regular Season Win Total Will Be Set At … 7.5
After winning four games last year, will there really be a three-win improvement?  At least.
The Hogs should be able to get by Eastern Illinois, at Colorado State and North Texas for a nice base of wins, and they’d better get past Ole Miss, Tulsa and Vanderbilt at home. And then it gets tricky.
Where are the other victories coming from? At Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, at Mississippi State or at Missouri? There’s no Georgia or Florida on an SEC slate that’s relatively manageable.
Yes, doubling last year’s win total is really possible."

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/05/arkansas-razorbacks-college-football-preview-2018

redleg

• Senior
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2018, 08:04:37 am »

Nice to see that I am not the only crazy, overly-optimistic person out there.  :)

nwahogfan1

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2018, 08:19:35 am »

For Red and all the other Hog fans predicting a 8 win season when we are breaking in a completely new staff with a completely new offensive and defensive schemes  and new QBs.  You should go to put your money down in Vegas and you can win lots of money if your Wish comes true.    Let me know if any one puts a big bet down because then and only then will I know you are serious and not just being a Hog Fan. 

I think Vegas has the W/L line at 5.5 so you can go over and win a bunch of money.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2018, 08:22:10 am »

Not everyone predicts doom and gloom. (SIAP)

Pete Fiutak, College Football News (May1st) predicts possibly eight wins for Razorbacks in 2018:

"Guessing The Preseason Regular Season Win Total Will Be Set At … 7.5
After winning four games last year, will there really be a three-win improvement?  At least.
The Hogs should be able to get by Eastern Illinois, at Colorado State and North Texas for a nice base of wins, and they’d better get past Ole Miss, Tulsa and Vanderbilt at home. And then it gets tricky.
Where are the other victories coming from? At Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, at Mississippi State or at Missouri? There’s no Georgia or Florida on an SEC slate that’s relatively manageable.
Yes, doubling last year’s win total is really possible."

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/05/arkansas-razorbacks-college-football-preview-2018

Does he predict who our starting QB will be?   I think predicting over 6 wins in May with out a starting QB named is a complete guess with out much merit.

mizzouman

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2018, 08:38:35 am »

Out of curiosity, you may beat Mizzou next year, but what's the rational behind this victory?

jkstock04

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2018, 08:58:45 am »

Out of curiosity, you may beat Mizzou next year, but what's the rational behind this victory?
Bielema isn't the coach anymore. Otherwise there is zero logic behind it.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2018, 09:16:55 am »

For Red and all the other Hog fans predicting a 8 win season when we are breaking in a completely new staff with a completely new offensive and defensive schemes  and new QBs.  You should go to put your money down in Vegas and you can win lots of money if your Wish comes true.    Let me know if any one puts a big bet down because then and only then will I know you are serious and not just being a Hog Fan. 

I think Vegas has the W/L line at 5.5 so you can go over and win a bunch of money.

Good post.

That being said --- can I bet on the under and still be a Hog fan?

Or to be a real Hog fan, do I have to have buy into the hype for, like you said, year one with brand new coaches and brand new schemes?
Of course, that means finding the next cliff to jump off of if we don't win 8. In year one under a new coach. In year one with brand new schemes.

HoginMemphis

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2018, 09:46:17 am »

13. Arkansas will finish the 2018 season 8-4, 4-4 in SEC...losses to Alabama, LSU, at Auburn, and at Miss St.

If this team achieves a dyslexic result of last year's overall record, I'll buy you a dinner and a bottle of champagne at any restaurant in LR. Per usual, everyone here is ramped up about next season. That is the case every year with the fringe fans who read and comment here. Reality is, the team's depth is thinner than usual and there will be season-ending injuries before the first kickoff. Further, this team's talent level is down. How do I know this, especially when recruiting rankings argue otherwise? Because I have seen it on the field over the past 2 seasons. Slow at every position, inability to properly tackle, lack of hustle, skill players not up to par. For examples:  CK is no AA or BA, or TW or RM. RB's are not as good as in past years either. Certainly WR quality is WAY down from the Petrino years.

Much more likely this team will have another 4-8 than a 8-4. Going to be rough year, but I am glad for the new head coach...Fatty was taking this program to new lows. I believe fans will see improvements however subtle they may be. Morris will build on it and in the next few seasons, I think we will see results in the W-L record, just not this coming season. Winning 5 games will be good. 6 wins will be great year.

HoginMemphis

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2018, 09:49:02 am »

Concurrence. If Morris pulls a Nutt in his first year, give him a nicer new contract for next half decade.

redleg

• Senior
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2018, 08:07:18 am »

Way to cover your backside.  ;)

RD

• Calling the Hogs since Birth
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2018, 09:19:01 am »

Here are my Baker's Dozen Predictions (best guesses) for the Razorbacks 2018 season...:

1. Cole Kelley will start at QB. Ty Storey might get a few looks too, but I think that in the end, Kelley is the man, at least for the next two seasons.
Noland is QB1 on Day 1.

Al Boarland

« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2018, 09:34:05 am »

It's typical fan psychology.  The assumption is everyone on your team will be better while everyone else the same or worse. 

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2018, 02:17:31 pm »

We will be 6-3 through 9 games.

PRJ

HogPharmer

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2018, 04:27:26 pm »

After the Long Hog Farmer disaster I would buy a cuban and smoke it if we went 8-4 in the Fall.

Huh? What did I do?

redleg

• Senior
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2018, 11:42:58 am »

Noland is QB1 on Day 1.
Fans always want the new guy to start at QB. Barring a rash of injuries, Noland and Jones will both redshirt.

However, you may be able to see Noland play some on the baseball diamond next year for Arkansas.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2018, 01:38:42 pm »

Fans always want the new guy to start at QB. Barring a rash of injuries, Noland and Jones will both redshirt.

However, you may be able to see Noland play some on the baseball diamond next year for Arkansas.

I agree with this. Arkansas already has 4 QBs on campus who will not redshirt. That makes a redshirt for Jones and Noland highly likely.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas