• 396,453 Topics
• 22,589 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daryl Macon worked out for Lakers on Mon, Pistons on Tues, Celtics on Thurs  (Read 3405 times)

Kevin McPherson

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

* BREAKING: Hog alum Daryl Macon @_dmacon4 will work out Monday for the Los Angeles Lakers, per source ... Macon (6-3 CG, LRParkview) was named 1st team All SEC by the Associated Press after the 2017-18 season ... he was one of the top shooter-scorers & facilitators in SEC!

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/998276765670879233

* Macon, who was part of the Arkansas Hawks grassroots hoops program, was one of the 64 top seniors in college basketball who participated in recent Portsmouth (VA) Invitational tournament, an event he led in assists. The 2018 NBA Draft will take place in roughly a month (June 21)

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/998279585514041345
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:10:55 am by Kevin McPherson »

ShadowHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: Daryl Macon to work out for the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday ...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 02:31:30 pm »

Good for Macon. Hope he shows out.

Thanks for the info

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HawgsPolo

• Varsity
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 05:29:13 pm »

Great news for DM.

daprospecta

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 06:05:20 pm »

* BREAKING: Hog alum Daryl Macon @_dmacon4 will work out Monday for the Los Angeles Lakers, per source ... Macon (6-3 CG, LRParkview) was named 1st team All SEC by the Associated Press after the 2017-18 season ... he was one of the top shooter-scorers & facilitators in SEC!

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/998276765670879233

* Macon, who was part of the Arkansas Hawks grassroots hoops program, was one of the 64 top seniors in college basketball who participated in recent Portsmouth (VA) Invitational tournament, an event he led in assists. The 2018 NBA Draft will take place in roughly a month (June 21)

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/998279585514041345
I think his assists ability is what will give him a shot in the league.

logic

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 09:10:43 pm »

I hope he can play for the Lakers.  However, it is extremely difficult to play in the NBA.  Clearly, he is good enough to play for some European teams.

daprospecta

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 09:45:20 pm »

I hope he can play for the Lakers.  However, it is extremely difficult to play in the NBA.  Clearly, he is good enough to play for some European teams.
I can easily name 10 players that Macon is better than in the league today. It all depends on situation.

Kevin McPherson

• Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 05:22:32 pm »

2 videos and 3 photos from Daryl Macon's workout today with the Los Angeles Lakers ...

* Hog alum @_dmacon4 is knockin' 'em down today during his workout with the Los Angeles Lakers ...
https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/998635436858855424

* Extended reel of one of @_dmacon4's shooting drills today while working out for the Los Angeles Lakers ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/998699245103443968

* Hog alum @_dmacon4 w/Lakers guard Lonzo Ball ... D4 was in the City of Angels today working out for the Lakers ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/998685475954151424

* Showtime! Hog alum @_dmacon4 w/NBA HOFer & Lakers icon Earvin "Magic" Johnson ... Macon worked out today for the Los Angeles Lakers ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/998686237476229126

* Hog alum @_dmacon4 w/Los Angeles Lakers head coach Luke Walton ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/998686456628510720
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:58:29 pm by Kevin McPherson »

Kevin McPherson

• Hogvillian

* BREAKING: Hog alum @_dmacon4 (6-3 CG, LRParkview, Arkansas Hawks) will work out on Tuesday for the Detroit Pistons ... 2017-18 AP 1st-team All SEC selection worked out today for the Los Angeles Lakers ... his versatility as a shooter-scorer & facilitator has NBA teams interested

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/998695324725202944

alohawg

Hope his overall workout was good cause he was off on that extended reel clip. I do think both he and Barford could make it with the right fit, but odds aren't good.

HawgnCorona

A shot of DM workout with the Lakers today...Nice behind the back pass to the trailing big man.

https://twitter.com/Lakers

HawgnCorona

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors

I can easily name 10 players that Macon is better than in the league today. It all depends on situation.

See it so many times in sports as in life.  So much depends on timing and the right situation.  Pulling for this kid. 

alohawg

A 3 pt and mentality drill...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD0DWeZGJzM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Shvmgah0o

I never realized the unorthodox follow thru with his hand, and it's not exactly the same every shot. He could easily be a better shooter, imho.

zebradynasty

• Senior

See it so many times in sports as in life.  So much depends on timing and the right situation.  Pulling for this kid.

Yes he will definitely need to find the right situation. Which is why the Lakers held the workout for him they were not a very good 3 point shooting team. He could fill a need unless they want a bigger guard.

HawgnCorona

I never realized the unorthodox follow thru with his hand, and it's not exactly the same every shot. He could easily be a better shooter, imho.

Yeah...Im sure he is working his shot and his overall game. If there is an opportunity to at least the G-League he will .

alohawg

Yeah...Im sure he is working his shot and his overall game. If there is an opportunity to at least the G-League he will .

A slight tweak and he could be next level shooting.
I've enjoyed this game going on 5 decades and I am totally serious when I say my set shot at the age of 55 yrs. is the best it's ever been. Not boasting, just the truth.

HawgnCorona

LOL!!! I hear you. It was he first part of the game we learned right? A bit beyond you in age I too still lace them up for quick work out. Watching Macon in the mental drill pull on the break an knock those 3 pt shots down(takes me back) those were routine for me...

In either drill he didnt get as much lift on shots. I dont the context his of his work out so Im in no position to say one way or the other...I just hope he gets to live his dream. Do I think can do it? Yes. But he must put in some work

I do believe though, he would not have had the opportunity (to work out) had he skipped his Sr Yr...

alohawg

No doubt, he would already be playing overseas had he left early. Good luck, son, you already make us proud.

Kevin McPherson

• Hogvillian

* BREAKING: Hog alum @_dmacon4 (6-3 CG, LRParkview, Arkansas Hawks) will work out for the Boston Celtics on Thursday morning! Macon, named 1st team All SEC in '17-18 by the Associated Press, worked out for the Los Angeles Lakers & Detroit Pistons this week ... NBA Draft is June 21.

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/999320952717676546

jackflash

I can see him doing well with Boston

LAHogfan123

LOL!!! I hear you. It was he first part of the game we learned right? A bit beyond you in age I too still lace them up for quick work out. Watching Macon in the mental drill pull on the break an knock those 3 pt shots down(takes me back) those were routine for me...

In either drill he didnt get as much lift on shots. I dont the context his of his work out so Im in no position to say one way or the other...I just hope he gets to live his dream. Do I think can do it? Yes. But he must put in some work

I do believe though, he would not have had the opportunity (to work out) had he skipped his Sr Yr...

Lol, man oh man.  At my advanced age, I still have a sweet stroke and always have, was taught by a great coach in high school and I never went to college and I wouldn't have been good enough anyway to play ball in college, to slow a foot.   But I always practiced my shot, and it's gotten better as time has gone by, I don't quite have the arc in my shots that I used to, but I still have a good time and I still like playing with the younger generation and seeing them bewildered a little when I get zoned in and I make some money shots here and there on the courtyard, makes this old man feel like a kid again.

WeHogs

• Band Nerd
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 12:19:57 pm »

Can you please name them? I really like Macon but your statement is very crazy.

His only shot is playing in the G league.  He isn't better than Dusty Hannahs

Grumpypenguin

• Varsity

Macon would be a great G league project for the Celtics

alohawg

Lol, man oh man.  At my advanced age, I still have a sweet stroke and always have, was taught by a great coach in high school and I never went to college and I wouldn't have been good enough anyway to play ball in college, to slow a foot.   But I always practiced my shot, and it's gotten better as time has gone by, I don't quite have the arc in my shots that I used to, but I still have a good time and I still like playing with the younger generation and seeing them bewildered a little when I get zoned in and I make some money shots here and there on the courtyard, makes this old man feel like a kid again.

The look on the faces of the 16-30somethings at the gym when I answer the age question, priceless. I always tell them to just keep playing so long as you're able, no real secrets. I played with many of their dads and uncles who gave it up long ago....
Rarely do I lose a game of horse or any 3 pt. competition in that gym warming up to play full court. Seems most people don't practice difficult angle 3's off glass, lol. Best part, helping a kid/young man with shooting adjustments and then seeing the improvement.
I'm only 55, we have a 78 yr. old(inspiration!) who, although he hasn't attempted to play for a while, still has a nice touch off glass from 15'.

daprospecta

Can you please name them? I really like Macon but your statement is very crazy.

His only shot is playing in the G league.  He isn't better than Dusty Hannahs
Is Fred Van Vleet a better player? How about Demetrius Jackson? How about Tyler Johnson? I watch players on teams night in and night out that Macon could easily plug and play.

LAHogfan123

The look on the faces of the 16-30somethings at the gym when I answer the age question, priceless. I always tell them to just keep playing so long as you're able, no real secrets. I played with many of their dads and uncles who gave it up long ago....
Rarely do I lose a game of horse or any 3 pt. competition in that gym warming up to play full court. Seems most people don't practice difficult angle 3's off glass, lol. Best part, helping a kid/young man with shooting adjustments and then seeing the improvement.
I'm only 55, we have a 78 yr. old(inspiration!) who, although he hasn't attempted to play for a while, still has a nice touch off glass from 15'.

Same here.  I often wonder why even NBA players today rarely use the glass when shooting 3's, or just when shooting jump shots when at and angle?  You have such a higher % when using the glass, but today it's like if a guy does bank one in, it's called and accident.

HawgnCorona

It was the first thing we learned , right!!! I was age 4 when I first pick a BB up. I dont play as much because of time spent doing other stuff, however, I can still swish nets as well, will arc and range. At 60 I can zone in real easy...So Aloha and yourself talk about this stuff I can relate...And that jumper is what we learn first...along with the dribble. You guys (Alohahawg and LAHog) owe me a game, LOL!!! :)

alohawg

It was the first thing we learned , right!!! I was age 4 when I first pick a BB up. I dont play as much because of time spent doing other stuff, however, I can still swish nets as well, will arc and range. At 60 I can zone in real easy...So Aloha and yourself talk about this stuff I can relate...And that jumper is what we learn first...along with the dribble. You guys (Alohahawg and LAHog) owe me a game, LOL!!! :)

You bet! Last thing that goes, the stroke.

logic

I suppose that is possible.  However, there are hundred and maybe thousands of really good players like Macon that would love to play in the NBA and get tryouts that any team can select. Out of all those players that get workouts, maybe occasionally one gets selected, but the odds are very low.

Kevin McPherson

• Hogvillian

* Per sources, Hog alum Daryl Macon @_dmacon4 (6-3 CG, LRParkview, Arkansas Hawks) will take part in Priority Sports' Pro Day on Fri, then has at least 3 pre-draft workouts w/NBA tms next wk. Priority Sports also represents Michael Porter Jr., so expecting a gym loaded w/NBA scouts

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1004762345506246656

* After tomorrow's Pro Day in Chicago, Daryl Macon @_dmacon4 works out next week with Orlando, Minnesota, & Houston ... gotta say, and this is my opinion, but Macon's skill set and mentality seem a great fit for what the Rockets are doing under Mike D'Antoni ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1004775737583423489

alohawg

Yes, he would seem to fit well in H-town.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas