• 395,529 Topics
• 22,308 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: War Memorial is Nothing More Than a Hard Habit to Break  (Read 4025 times)

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
Re: War Memorial is Nothing More Than a Hard Habit to Break
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2018, 01:31:28 pm »

Because....Some “fans” are simply selfish and greedy for power.....

https://www.seccountry.com/pwa/arkansas/arkansas/article/arkansas-war-memorial-stadium-bad-decision

Yes, and they don't want any home games played outside of their new football palace...

cmphill87

• Bench Warmer
  • Wooo sooo piggy!
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2018, 01:43:23 pm »

Born and raised in Fort Smith, Little Rock resident for the past 12 years.  I get both sides of this debate.  I've been to FAR more games in Fayetteville, than I have right down the street at War Memorial.  What I'll say about Fayetteville is the atmosphere is just not the same.  Tailgating in Little Rock is LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of Fayetteville's.  If Fayetteville had a game day atmosphere like Little Rock's, I'd say take all the games and move them to Fayetteville.  War Memorial's atmosphere is electric when the stadium is full.  Yes, it's old, yes it needs renovations, and those renovations will be made.  If not, then WMS doesn't deserve to have the Hogs play there.  I just hate all the division that this situation conjures up.  Fans sound like brother/sister fighting with each other...

Agree here, well said.

I'd add personally; I grew up near Hope and my grandfather (Benton resident) took me to my first Razorback game as a toddler to WMS. I was a both Miracle on Markhams and got to witness the bulk of HDNs great record in the stadium. It was awesome! Tailgating was awesome! BUT...there is a BUT, my high-school played Shiloh Christian in the 2006 state title game, and I got to go into the locker rooms. I had graduated 2 years before and let me tell you they weren't up to par with a 3A schools locker rooms let alone an SEC program. Currently, I live in South Florida in my cousin in law is Wesley Carroll who some of you may know as Mississippi States QB during the end of the Sylvester Croom days. He thought WMS was an absolute joke as a visitor but couldn't deny the atmosphere. Just sharing the perspective.

Bo Mattingly/Mike Irwin also brought up a great point the other day. Where is the money coming from to get the stadium to a minimum standard for 3 games? Is it wise to spend 3.3 million per game hypothetically? (10 million divided by 3 games) It just doesnt seem like a good decision.

My take on the 6 year agreement is: Since the SEC killed the LSU rivalry, the atmosphere of WMS went with it.It hasn't been the same since. Since then, the agreement was 1 game per year, now its every other year. Its time to cut the cord once and for all. It saddens me to say that with the history I personally have, but I love my Hogs and they deserve the best facilities and opportunities regardless of my feelings. This has spiraled into a NWA vs Everyone else argument and that's just silly. Lets all support our common team as a unified State for the betterment of the program! Anything less will be futile.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

cmphill87

• Bench Warmer
  • Wooo sooo piggy!
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2018, 01:46:44 pm »

Yes, and they don't want any home games played outside of their new football palace...

So what? They are spending tons money to compete with the rest of the conference. Shouldn't they have the opportunity to play more than 2 games there in off years?

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2018, 02:04:36 pm »

Born and raised in Fort Smith, Little Rock resident for the past 12 years.  I get both sides of this debate.  I've been to FAR more games in Fayetteville, than I have right down the street at War Memorial.  What I'll say about Fayetteville is the atmosphere is just not the same.  Tailgating in Little Rock is LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of Fayetteville's.  If Fayetteville had a game day atmosphere like Little Rock's, I'd say take all the games and move them to Fayetteville.  War Memorial's atmosphere is electric when the stadium is full.  Yes, it's old, yes it needs renovations, and those renovations will be made.  If not, then WMS doesn't deserve to have the Hogs play there.  I just hate all the division that this situation conjures up.  Fans sound like brother/sister fighting with each other...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2018, 02:09:55 pm »

So what? They are spending tons money to compete with the rest of the conference. Shouldn't they have the opportunity to play more than 2 games there in off years?
Meh... Not really. There's no legit argument for either side in all honesty. It comes down to one faction of people wanting all of the games in Fayetteville FOR PRIDES SAKE, and one faction wanting to keep games in Little Rock FOR TRADITION'S SAKE...
  BUT I will give you props for keeping the discussion real, and not resorting to the name calling of WMS and your fellow Arkansan's, as has been the practice of some.
 Where I see the major disconnect is in the belief espoused, by JFB and other people influential in the building of the program that the Arkansas Razorbacks belong to THE ENTIRE STATE of Arkansas, and the ungratefulness for WMS and the lower half of the state by a carpetbagging, money grubbing AD and the last head coach of that said belief and tradition. Use all of the lies you want about Money, students etc... The fact is that WMS built the program, not the other way around, and WMS would NOT still be toting the status quo from 1977 if the previous regime had not fought tooth and nail to take the last vestiges of games from the area. There is enough money, and people in this state to add 30% more seats to WMS and update it exponentially IF the program will embrace the tradition that built it. We can choose to be like other programs or we can choose to be unique. I don't believe we have what it takes to copy other programs and make this thing work, but I personally believe that we can build a brand that carries the entire state on it's back if we show just a smidgen of gratitude and humility toward a venue that practically carried the teams of HDN with one helluva winning streak that was lauded by all. How many times have you heard someone refer to a game in Little Rock as "The Loudest Football Game I've Ever Been A Part Of"? I can think of 4 head coaches off of the top of my head, and one of them had the benefit of coaching Arkansas in that venue and knew ahead of time what he was getting his team into when they got off of the plane.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2018, 02:14:44 pm »

Little Rock people want the game for pride and money.  No other reason. Playing their does not help the program.

It is that simple

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2018, 02:24:13 pm »

Little Rock people want the game for pride and money.  No other reason. Playing their does not help the program.

It is that simple

Little Rock and the rest of the state built that program. Period... Now with SEC money and TV contracts the UofA doesn't need Little Rock. It's THAT simple.
 I, for one, believe that the program owes it to the state to keep that venue up and running and to bring events yearly that will bring visitors to that area of the state when it's so desperately needed. Little Rock NEEDS the Razorbacks now, and the Razorbacks should return the favor. It would be a no brainer if I were in charge. Lindsey and the rest of you would just have to deal with it or fire me, because I wouldn't budge for anything.
 Do The Razorbacks want to be "IT" in Arkansas or not? I believe we all want that. Why does your pride and arrogance count more than mine?

Boog41

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2018, 02:24:42 pm »

[/
Meh... Not really. There's no legit argument for either side in all honesty. It comes down to one faction of people wanting all of the games in Fayetteville FOR PRIDES SAKE, and one faction wanting to keep games in Little Rock FOR TRADITION'S SAKE...
  BUT I will give you props for keeping the discussion real, and not resorting to the name calling of WMS and your fellow Arkansan's, as has been the practice of some.
 Where I see the major disconnect is in the belief espoused, by JFB and other people influential in the building of the program that the Arkansas Razorbacks belong to THE ENTIRE STATE of Arkansas, and the ungratefulness for WMS and the lower half of the state by a carpetbagging, money grubbing AD and the last head coach of that said belief and tradition. Use all of the lies you want about Money, students etc... The fact is that WMS built the program, not the other way around, and WMS would NOT still be toting the status quo from 1977 if the previous regime had not fought tooth and nail to take the last vestiges of games from the area. There is enough money, and people in this state to add 30% more seats to WMS and update it exponentially IF the program will embrace the tradition that built it. We can choose to be like other programs or we can choose to be unique. I don't believe we have what it takes to copy other programs and make this thing work, but I personally believe that we can build a brand that carries the entire state on it's back if we show just a smidgen of gratitude and humility toward a venue that practically carried the teams of HDN with one helluva winning streak that was lauded by all. How many times have you heard someone refer to a game in Little Rock as "The Loudest Football Game I've Ever Been A Part Of"? I can think of 4 head coaches off of the top of my head, and one of them had the benefit of coaching Arkansas in that venue and knew ahead of time what he was getting his team into when they got off of the plane.

Not being able to host official visits in LR and losing big revenue are hard for me to get past. If the Hogs could get the OK to host visits and not have to pay to play in WMS, I could get behind keeping games there. With zero emotion involved, I can say those are two big obstacles that did not used to be a factor.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2018, 02:27:06 pm »

Here is what everyone is missing.  We want a wall around our state so only our best prospects sign.  Drive across our state.  East to west is 3+ hours.  North to South is nearly 6 hours.

How can a school in the NW corner of the state dominate in state recruiting?  Arkansas is
53k sq. miles and the 29th largest state, a sizeable chunk of land larger than NC.

You must become the only program that matters in state.  I can think of one program in particular, that falls into a problematic catagory.  Think Warren, the Lumberjacks are way closer to ASU than the UA.  When a kid from Warren or the surrounding area, which is extremely poor so NWA might be budget stretch for his family to go to a game, where can they go?  Little Rock is not only the capital city, is central to every location in AR.

So that kid attends game(s) in LR, grows up, starts playing football, and becomes the next NFL talent out of that rich Warren tradition.  If he grew up seeing a game/games at WMS and sees himself a Razorback, then that should be why WMS is so important to the state.  Our biggest resource the state can provide is homegrown talent that live, eat, breathe, and bleed Razorback red.

A whole lot of assumptions in that post. Not all kids from Warren are dirt poor. What makes you think they only attended games in WMS and none in Fayetteville. What about other isolated schools and how they recruit. What makes you think parents of all players go to all the games all over the country. They don’t. It’s not the middle of the last century when travel was more difficult though. We already get a huge majority of the players we want from inside the state. Almost all of them and we always have. I doubt playing in WMS was the reason why over the last 60 years or so. Not playing games in WMS will not change that in today’s climate with all games on TV and such. We always have had one or two leave the state. When that has happened some turned out better than expected but a lot didn’t. As long as we remain the only P5 program in the state we will be the dominant program that matters no matter where we play or not. The most difficult thing we have inside the state to overcome is not enough top players numbers wise. Therefore we always have had to recruit more out of state than schools in some of the other states.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:37:36 pm by Inhogswetrust »

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2018, 02:35:34 pm »

A whole lot of assumptions in that post. Not all kids from Warren are dirt poor. What makes you think they only attended games in WMS and none in Fayetteville. What about other isolated schools and how they recruit. What makes you think parents of all players go to all the games all over the country. They don’t. It’s not the middle of the last century when travel was more difficult though. We already get a huge majority of the players we want from inside the state. Almost all of them and we always have. I doubt playing in WMS was the reason why over the last 60 years or so. Not playing games in WMS will not change that in today’s climate with all games on TV and such. We always have had one or two leave the state. When that has happened some turned out better than expected but a lot didn’t. As long as we remain the only P5 program in the state we will be the dominant program that matters no matter where we play or not.

If it doesn't matter then leave games in Little Rock...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2018, 02:38:00 pm »

[/
Not being able to host official visits in LR and losing big revenue are hard for me to get past. If the Hogs could get the OK to host visits and not have to pay to play in WMS, I could get behind keeping games there. With zero emotion involved, I can say those are two big obstacles that did not used to be a factor.

I agree that there are issues that could definitely be rectified to help everyone involved. Revenue, however is really not as big of an issue as some here would like to make you and I believe it to be.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2018, 02:42:17 pm »

Meh... Not really. There's no legit argument for either side in all honesty.

No legit argument? How about the campus is in Fayetteville? How about the $ spent on the stadium, the facilities, the over all campus. Why take away opportunities to showcase those things?

And, if it was reversed, and the campus was in LR, I would say play all games there.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2018, 02:44:46 pm »

As I read through your judgmental and Holier than Thou post I find that you yourself reach your own solution . Just get drunk and stay outside, or take one of the drunks seats... Duh.!?!

No I unlike you will still go to games no matter whether it is WMS or RRS. I simply have an opinion it would be better for the program to play them all in RRS and prefer to go to games there.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2018, 03:34:42 pm »

He was dead on about those other schools and some of their  fans having to travel a long ways to campus to see their favorite team play. Especially VT and WV. They are both tucked in a corner of their respective states just like the UA is in Fayetteville.

So what?  Kane Webb put it best:

"[This agreement] required an appreciation and understanding of tradition and culture and a willingness to be uniquely Arkansas.”

Every situation is different.

But geography had nothing to do with my comment.  Here's where hogsanity was wrong:

"The division is created by those that most assuredly think it is about where the games are played, and that think it is their right to have the games brought to them."

ricepig

« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2018, 03:38:33 pm »

I agree that there are issues that could definitely be rectified to help everyone involved. Revenue, however is really not as big of an issue as some here would like to make you and I believe it to be.

Revenue is the name of the game in big time college sports. Just think, with that extra $4M, we could have hired a better staff, had 45 analysts like Bama, or paid for improvements to Baum or BWA.

hawkhawg

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2018, 03:40:39 pm »

I think the average Central Arkansas Fan doesn't care if games are played in Little Rock anymore.

NaturalStateReb

• Czar of Arkansas
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2018, 03:49:32 pm »

Atlhog, thank you for keeping it on point, until you spout off about truth.  Truth is some delusion we grasp at to give us a sense of righteousness, another made up concept.  Does anyone here really think my truth matters once I am dust?  It doesn't even matter at this very moment to anyone other than me.  We all will be extinct in a mere fraction of the existence of this universe.  My entire perception of existence is a lie my brain tells me to keep me sane.

This is a misunderstanding about the concept of truth.  There is no such thing as "my truth."  Facts (statements that are not opinions and whose inverses are mutually exclusive and exhaustive) are propositions that are objectively either true or false and cannot be both.

So, for example, "Arkansas should play in War Memorial Stadium" or "fried chicken is tasty" or "Gary 'Peanut' Adams was an excellent quarterback" have no truth value.  They are expressions of opinion or subjective comparisons.

Statements like "Chad Morris is the current head football coach of the Razorbacks" is a true factual statement.  Chad Morris is indeed the current head football coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks; the statement cannot be both true or false, depending on the observer. 

There is no such thing as subjective truth.  There is also no such thing as something being proven true either, by the way; things are true or not, regardless of whether "proven."  Proof doesn't make a proposition true; proof makes us more or less likely to believe that a given proposition is true. 

Your statement that "My entire perception of existence is a lie my brain tells me to keep me sane" is logically incoherent.  If your entire perception of everything is a lie, then your perception that everything is a lie is also a lie.  This is basically a claim that the same thing is both true and false. 

Logic rant over.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2018, 04:02:31 pm »

Yurachek is a puppet.  He hasn't done darn but do what he is told.  Our new coach has even less of a voice.  What they say about WMS or anything else holds no weight.

Take off your tinfoil hat and listen to what UA leadership has said.  Maybe you're angry with me because what they say echoes what I've said here for years.  The best interests of the University and the Razorbacks is a united alumni and fan base.  That doesn't mean football games must stay in Little Rock, which I've also said here for years.  The smart thing to have done, in my opinion, would have been to keep the 2016 deal in place and stop playing in Little Rock at that time, with an appropriate education and outreach to fans and alumni affected by the decision and a great finale with an SEC opponent (which the agreement called for) as the last game.  You didn't like that when I said it and don't like a middle of the road, respectful approach now.  Do you want to be part of the problem or part of the solution?

Fertile recruiting grounds lol.  Arkansas? 

Taken in context, I was referring to the most fertile recruiting ground within the state.  What your comment really shows is a disdain for the state and Arkansas high school football players.  I have seen a lot of high school football the last few years in and outside of Arkansas and don't share your disdain. 

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2018, 04:21:05 pm »

Where is the money coming from to get the stadium to a minimum standard for 3 games? Is it wise to spend 3.3 million per game hypothetically? (10 million divided by 3 games) It just doesnt seem like a good decision.

My take on the 6 year agreement is: Since the SEC killed the LSU rivalry, the atmosphere of WMS went with it.It hasn't been the same since. Since then, the agreement was 1 game per year, now its every other year. Its time to cut the cord once and for all. It saddens me to say that with the history I personally have, but I love my Hogs and they deserve the best facilities and opportunities regardless of my feelings. This has spiraled into a NWA vs Everyone else argument and that's just silly. Lets all support our common team as a unified State for the betterment of the program! Anything less will be futile.

It's dumb.  It's a very Arkansas thing to do - both the investment in the stadium for 3 games in 6 years and the regional jealousy. 

Dmacattack

« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2018, 05:38:01 pm »

So all this talk about kids not being able to see games if pulled from WMS. Let me get this straight: potentially too poor to afford a trip to Fayetteville but they can afford paying for tickets as this can’t be an official visit?

Or are we talking about younger kids?

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2018, 05:49:24 pm »

So all this talk about kids not being able to see games if pulled from WMS. Let me get this straight: potentially too poor to afford a trip to Fayetteville but they can afford paying for tickets as this can’t be an official visit?

Or are we talking about younger kids?

zsanfusa introduced that part of the discussion at Reply #65. He was talking about kids growing up.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2018, 06:29:21 pm »

If TAMU pulls out Jerry will get someone else maybe even Texas and that would really stick in TAMU 's crawl.

I have no problem with that except Texas already plays a yearly game in Dallas against  Cheater U. Unless they decide to go home and home I doubt Texas would be the chosen one.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2018, 06:37:24 pm »

I imagine that your mom goes to town on your dad with a tire iron for kicks and giggles, but it doesn't make it a fact you arrogant prejudiced freakazoid... Besides the program isn't exactly strapped for cash... Point of fact, if even one player chooses Arkansas because they play a game or two in Little Rock it is one of THE ONLY legal ways of buying their allegiance. On the other hand, I don't know of any players who are going to turn down Arkansas because a game IS being played in Little Rock...

You guys keep looking down your noses at the rest of the state long enough and you'll find yourselves alone up there with the poor huddled masses making their own way right into your face with a middle finger. They will sit around and laugh at the Vandy of the west while they send their kids to Ole Miss, LSU or MSU. Remember it wasn't the Ice Age when a certain boy from Fordyce went to Bama because the goat college in the mountains could barely spell football. Whether they leave because of arrogance for or against you they still leave. Why not hold out an Olive Branch instead of your middle finger?

Funny Fact about Fordyce... "Fordyce spots are small raised bumps that appear on the shaft of the [CENSORED], the labia, scrotum, or next to the lips. ."

You seem to think that only people in NWA want all the games moved and that couldn’t be farther from the truth.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2018, 06:40:45 pm »

If it doesn't matter then leave games in Little Rock...

But there are some parts of the equation that do matter.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2018, 07:08:07 pm »

But there are some parts of the equation that do matter.

In both columns... I promise you that there is no perfect solution, only the one that You or I want, and either way someone is going to feel slighted...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2018, 07:12:30 pm »

I think the average Central Arkansas Fan doesn't care if games are played in Little Rock anymore.

I think this thread, and the upteen other million threads prove that is not the case. I know many who don't want to see games leave Little Rock, but then again, I'm an out of state fan now...

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2018, 07:27:43 pm »

In both columns... I promise you that there is no perfect solution, only the one that You or I want, and either way someone is going to feel slighted...

I’m not going to be slighted because I will be at the games in both places. Will you?

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Semi-retired Eponymous Mod Accountability Manager
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2018, 08:01:30 pm »

Why is this WMS debate still going on and when will it stop?

http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/hogs-habits-are-hard-to-break/

Will stop when either the UofA cuts the cord on providing a financial and time convenience subsidy for a portion of the fan base via playing at WMS or the PTB untucks their sacks and decides to act like a big boy program and stop the hokey nonsense of having in-state road games.

hawkhawg

« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2018, 08:01:50 pm »

I think this thread, and the upteen other million threads prove that is not the case. I know many who don't want to see games leave Little Rock, but then again, I'm an out of state fan now...

Most of the people on these threads are people arguing against games at WWS.   And Hogville does not represent the "Average" Central Arkansas Fan.  For most people in Central Arkansas, Apathy has set in over WWS.

Smashmouth2004

• Varsity
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2018, 08:28:23 pm »

Playing a WMS has nothing to do with crowd size, WiFi, tailgating, etc. It should be what is best for the program. Playing there no matter how you sell it is an away game for the players. Disadvantage! You can’t have recruits take official visits! Disadvantage! You can’t showcase the tens of millions of dollars spent on our facilities in Fayetteville during televised games in LR. Why spend all that money to compete with the elites and then play in a dump? Disadvantage!  Continuing to play there will continue to divide the fan base and the last thing our program needs now is a divided fan base!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2018, 09:00:21 pm »

No I unlike you will still go to games no matter whether it is WMS or RRS. I simply have an opinion it would be better for the program to play them all in RRS and prefer to go to games there.

No you put down your seat neighbors and the people tailgating, and you just took a back handed swipe at me. You're a real charmer.

zsanfusa

« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2018, 09:01:34 pm »

This is a misunderstanding about the concept of truth.  There is no such thing as "my truth."  Facts (statements that are not opinions and whose inverses are mutually exclusive and exhaustive) are propositions that are objectively either true or false and cannot be both.

So, for example, "Arkansas should play in War Memorial Stadium" or "fried chicken is tasty" or "Gary 'Peanut' Adams was an excellent quarterback" have no truth value.  They are expressions of opinion or subjective comparisons.

Statements like "Chad Morris is the current head football coach of the Razorbacks" is a true factual statement.  Chad Morris is indeed the current head football coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks; the statement cannot be both true or false, depending on the observer. 

There is no such thing as subjective truth.  There is also no such thing as something being proven true either, by the way; things are true or not, regardless of whether "proven."  Proof doesn't make a proposition true; proof makes us more or less likely to believe that a given proposition is true. 

Your statement that "My entire perception of existence is a lie my brain tells me to keep me sane" is logically incoherent.  If your entire perception of everything is a lie, then your perception that everything is a lie is also a lie.  This is basically a claim that the same thing is both true and false.

Logic rant over.

I think the point I am making is that existence can be both "truth" and "lie" at the same time.  Try studying a little string theory and general relativity.  Now apply it to this question.  "What would happen if I entered a black hole?"  I promise you that truth is stranger than fiction.  The short is that all general laws of physics and general relativity breakdown, as space-time is wrapped around itself infinitely, meaning literally all possibilities exist at once. We live in a universe with potentially unlimited dimensions, yet our meager consciousness can only perceive three.  If we could somehow see the infinite, our grasp of what we consider truth would instantly be wrecked, along with our sanity.  So in a way our mind is always protecting itself and protecting our consciousness, whether it is the black hole example or something like repressed trauma.  The black hole problem is just one example of the many paradoxes of existence.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:14:01 pm by zsanfusa »

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2018, 09:03:46 pm »

Most of the people on these threads are people arguing against games at WWS.   And Hogville does not represent the "Average" Central Arkansas Fan.  For most people in Central Arkansas, Apathy has set in over WWS.
I understand that the majority on here feel that the games should be moved, I also understand that the majority outside of Hogville are not even aware that the people wanting to move all of the games to Fayetteville are even trying to do so. Don't mistake not knowing with apathy. If you were to broadcast it on KATV, KTHV and KARK you would find that the majority in those viewing areas want games to continue in Little Rock.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2018, 09:07:24 pm »

Playing a WMS has nothing to do with crowd size, WiFi, tailgating, etc. It should be what is best for the program. Playing there no matter how you sell it is an away game for the players. Disadvantage! You can’t have recruits take official visits! Disadvantage! You can’t showcase the tens of millions of dollars spent on our facilities in Fayetteville during televised games in LR. Why spend all that money to compete with the elites and then play in a dump? Disadvantage!  Continuing to play there will continue to divide the fan base and the last thing our program needs now is a divided fan base!

I don't think you know what's best for the program, but I will bite on your next statement. It was not an away game in 1990, what has changed? A locker room? No, it's those fat cat seat backs and new loge boxes, Yeah THAT's the real story... Everyone who wants to take an honest look at it would have to agree. Nothing has changed about the locations other than the amenities in Fayetteville...

ricepig

« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2018, 09:07:38 pm »

I understand that the majority on here feel that the games should be moved, I also understand that the majority outside of Hogville are not even aware that the people wanting to move all of the games to Fayetteville are even trying to do so. Don't mistake not knowing with apathy. If you were to broadcast it on KATV, KTHV and KARK you would find that the majority in those viewing areas want games to continue in Little Rock.

Or not, there's no way of knowing this

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2018, 09:11:38 pm »

FYI, and not that you or your ilk care, it’s never a home game if a school cannot legally entertain prospective recruits.....

hawkhawg

« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2018, 09:32:09 pm »

Sure Central Arkansas want to keep the games and were mad about losing the games over the years.  Most now have gotten over it and are surprised that there are still games in LR.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2018, 10:14:49 pm »

Or not, there's no way of knowing this
Actually there is... Someone needs to go on those 3 news broadcasts during football season and let people know what's up. Let's see what the masses think. I know the LRTC is not even close on the Yay or Nay side...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2018, 10:16:52 pm »

FYI, and not that you or your ilk care, it’s never a home game if a school cannot legally entertain prospective recruits.....

Sure it is, and you have cojones to refer to anyone with disdain... "You or your Ilk"... Give me a break. LOL.!

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2018, 06:55:31 am »

funny how some say little rock is owed a game.  and I listened to what everyone said the day of the announcement. it was gutless politicians up there doing what they do best. kick the can down the road and spin it like they did something.

the fans that want the convience of a little rock game, and will not support the hogs if they don't get it, do not want what is best for the program, period.

there is no reasonable reason to have the game there.  it hurts the program, period.

decisions based on emotions are usually bad decisions. 

ricepig

« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2018, 07:02:06 am »

Actually there is... Someone needs to go on those 3 news broadcasts during football season and let people know what's up. Let's see what the masses think. I know the LRTC is not even close on the Yay or Nay side...

So you watch those broadcasts? Have you seen the polls they've, and other's have run on the subject, like the statewide daily newspaper? There's a game this year, and potentially one next year if the improvements are made, after that, attendance will decide it's future.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2018, 08:32:58 am »

No you put down your seat neighbors and the people tailgating, and you just took a back handed swipe at me. You're a real charmer.

As far as my seat neighbors then yes IF they are taking up more space than they paid for and inconveniencing others then I have no problem saying so here. I have never said anything to anyone personally at the game however. Tailgating is fine when it involves going to a game. The issue with a lot of people on the golf course is they are only there to get drunk and party. They aren’t there to tailgate. They have no interest in actually going to the game. Do you go to the games or not or even donate? If not you have no vested interest in what we are discussing but I do since I pay money, drive several hours and go to the games at both places. That doesn’t necessarily make me a “better” fan but it does give me a vested interest in the topic and program moreso than those that don’t.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:06:26 pm by Inhogswetrust »

j-mann

• Varsity
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2018, 09:28:52 pm »

its time to play all games  in DRS   the only way LR  couild work  is  a 10-20 mil upgrade  to it  and  play missouri there on odd years and LSU on even  years  ask atm  we will let u out of dallas  if  u help us  move LSU to LR on even years thanking   

on the NCAA 130 D-1 Football teams  is too many  it needs to go down to 78-84 teams  and it starts with the power 5 breaking off  and telling Norte Dame  u join the ACC in Football full time   or u are in the gof5     under my rule  the ACC SEC B12 B10 and p12 are the same   

the 6th conf  wouild be  the 16 best group of 5 teams     App st  ARMY Air force Navy  Toledo  BYU  Boise st Frenso St  S Miss  Fla A Fla I  E Car  UCF USF  Houston and Norte Dame if they reject the acc   if they Accept then the last spot is between Nill Memphis And san Diego st   

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2018, 09:33:19 pm »

Give me one, and only one, real, legitimate, Razorback enhancing, reason, why any University of Arkansas game should ever, ever, ever be played in WMS.....

nwahogfan1

« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2018, 09:42:22 pm »

Totally agree with this article.  But I wonder why big money guys living down there do not want to drive 3 hours to go Fayetteville games when they can set in LUXURY boxes for Kings instead of common bleachers with us common folks.  That is the only thing that keeps me guessing.   LR Memorial is a College football joke.  No luxury there. 

Lets come together Arkansas fans and do what is best for the TEAM.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2018, 09:40:38 am »

Totally agree with this article.  But I wonder why big money guys living down there do not want to drive 3 hours to go Fayetteville games when they can set in LUXURY boxes for Kings instead of common bleachers with us common folks.  That is the only thing that keeps me guessing.   LR Memorial is a College football joke.  No luxury there. 

Lets come together Arkansas fans and do what is best for the TEAM.

It is about power, not comfort, not driving 3 hrs. When they are all together at some event it is about them being bale to say " yea, we MADE them play in LR ".

hobhog

« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2018, 09:43:57 am »

Good grief people. One game every other year after thanksgiving. Move on.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2018, 11:46:29 am »

Good grief people. One game every other year after thanksgiving. Move on.

Don't blow off the spring games. Real recruiting disadvantage

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • See if you can guess...what I am now
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2018, 11:50:27 am »

Don't blow off the spring games. Real recruiting disadvantage

Because we've raked in the 5* and 4* recruits over the years solely because of the spring game at DWRRS, right?

jcharkansas

• Senior
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2018, 12:03:15 pm »

As far as WMS goes, I don't really care either way.  I admit I usually watch on TV as I have young kids that typically have some sort of game Saturday mornings in the fall so I don't have the time to actually go to the Hog games. What I am curious about is why no one is concerned with the home game we play in Dallas. Seems like that one should go away and have a home and home with ATM. I don't know all the facts but are we not losing certain things playing there and not in Fayetteville? I know the local businesses are, what about recruits, are they allowed OV at Dallas? Just wondering why I haven't heard much push back on that game....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas