• 396,453 Topics
• 22,589 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEZ almost completely Sold Out!  (Read 5542 times)

HoginMemphis

Re: NEZ almost completely Sold Out!
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2018, 05:03:11 pm »

A lot of money in NWA is spent on the economy and helping residents.  Could we do more?  Absolutely, but that could be said of every other metro area in the country as well.  Everyone can always do more.
The poor will always be with us. Jesus said so. And the Razorbacks will always be with us too.

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2018, 01:30:00 pm »

Thanks for setting me straight. I should know not to believe Wiki
Former names
University Stadium (1938)
Bailey Stadium (1938–1941)
Razorback Stadium (1941–2001)
350 North Razorback Road, Fayetteville, AR 72701
Coordinates
36°4′5″N 94°10′44″W
Coordinates: 36°4′5″N 94°10′44″W
Owner
University of Arkansas
Operator
University of Arkansas
Executive suites
Capacity
80,800 (Present)
76,000 (2001–2017)
50,019 (1995–2000)
52,680 (1985–1994)
42,678 (1969–1984)
38,000 (1965–1967)
30,000 (1957–1964)
21,200 (1950–1956)
18,500 (1947–1949)
13,500 (1938–1946)
Record attendance
76,808 (September 25, 2010) vs Alabama[1]
capacity can get up to 80k. But folks need to turn out. Needs to be jam packed.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogPharmer

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2018, 04:33:46 pm »

It will be loud for first non-conf game. Then when reality sets in, all the old rich crowd will concentrate on drinking and eating and leaving early.

The fact that you have gotten 6 likes on this board is proof that you have a duplicate account.

hogmaniak10

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2018, 08:50:37 pm »

A lot of money in NWA, both individual and corporate. Could be better spent to help the economy and residents than on football tickets and suites, but its their money.

I'm sure the guys working on the stadium would tell you to kiss their butts.

HogFoo

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2018, 02:52:49 am »

A lot of money in NWA, both individual and corporate. Could be better spent to help the economy and residents than on football tickets and suites, but its their money.
A lot of money IS in NWA.  Why you would want to make a social statement like that is kind of baffling tho. But yes, the area was chose as top 3 in america to live.  I personally think that that lends to the notion, if you take all aspects of cost of living, income potentials, etc..etc.. that would make it a top 3 in america, having a sellout helps prove it is a top economic area already.  I mean, if people feel they have enough disposable income to invest in pastime activities like buying NEZ seats at a premium cost, then Good for them. i hope they(and anyone else) spend their own money on whatever they wish.  I  buy my tickets, i make my donations, i donate at church, i make large donations to the salvation army every year.  I spend my money how i want and pardon me if i don't think i need a reprimand from anyone on how i spend my money.  You sound like a Bernie Sanders supporter. 

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2018, 03:05:25 am »

I remember an argument from a few months back when we were talking about firing people that it was claimed that the new addition was already sold out.  Well nice to see it is almost and likely will be sold out when the season starts.  Which way are you gonna look at it, were the threats empty or not?

HogWatcher85

• Walk-On
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2018, 05:28:20 am »

76,800 seats will make us the 27th largest stadium in the United States. Larger than Arrowhead Stadium and 200 seats short of AT&T Stadium. Not bad for Arkansas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._stadiums_by_capacity

ricepig

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2018, 06:55:51 am »

I remember an argument from a few months back when we were talking about firing people that it was claimed that the new addition was already sold out.  Well nice to see it is almost and likely will be sold out when the season starts.  Which way are you gonna look at it, were the threats empty or not?

I believe it you wish to look back, that posters said the suites and loge boxes were sold out, nothing about the club level seats, because they had just started marketing them.

HoginMemphis

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2018, 10:05:51 am »

A lot of money IS in NWA.  Why you would want to make a social statement like that is kind of baffling tho. But yes, the area was chose as top 3 in america to live.  I personally think that that lends to the notion, if you take all aspects of cost of living, income potentials, etc..etc.. that would make it a top 3 in america, having a sellout helps prove it is a top economic area already.  I mean, if people feel they have enough disposable income to invest in pastime activities like buying NEZ seats at a premium cost, then Good for them. i hope they(and anyone else) spend their own money on whatever they wish.  I  buy my tickets, i make my donations, i donate at church, i make large donations to the salvation army every year.  I spend my money how i want and pardon me if i don't think i need a reprimand from anyone on how i spend my money.  You sound like a Bernie Sanders supporter.
Rough life. You are good person. Congrats.

HogPharmer

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2018, 10:07:04 am »

Rough life. You are good person. Congrats.

And you are not.

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2018, 11:54:33 am »

I believe it you wish to look back, that posters said the suites and loge boxes were sold out, nothing about the club level seats, because they had just started marketing them.

Not quite if the rumors were true, or in other words did they have a bird in hand or was it still in the bush.  Have they made an announcement prior to this one?

ricepig

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2018, 12:38:37 pm »

Not quite if the rumors were true, or in other words did they have a bird in hand or was it still in the bush.  Have they made an announcement prior to this one?

Rumors, lol. Suites and loge boxes, yeah, back before the first of the year, suites were sold out before Long was fired, and they were around 63/70 loge boxes. I guess you aren't on the RF's email list?

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2018, 01:00:02 pm »

Rumors, lol. Suites and loge boxes, yeah, back before the first of the year, suites were sold out before Long was fired, and they were around 63/70 loge boxes. I guess you aren't on the RF's email list?

Well i’m Glad the Rght Reverend is sending those out that way you can take them literally.  No one ever questioned whether they were committed for. 

ricepig

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2018, 01:34:52 pm »

Well i’m Glad the Rght Reverend is sending those out that way you can take them literally.  No one ever questioned whether they were committed for. 

And why wouldn't you believe them, what good would it do to say something is full and limit sales? Also, I didn't realize Scott Varady was a Reverend, learn something new every day.

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2018, 03:29:52 pm »

And why wouldn't you believe them, what good would it do to say something is full and limit sales? Also, I didn't realize Scott Varady was a Reverend, learn something new every day.

I Don’t know what they said or why, I ask you if they had made a public announcement before this one.  I believe mainstream opinion on this board is that it’s not official until there is an announcement.  Again, did they publicly announce it before Long and Bielema were fired?

HogPharmer

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2018, 03:30:48 pm »

I Don’t know what they said or why, I ask you if they had made a public announcement before this one.  I believe mainstream opinion on this board is that it’s not official until there is an announcement.  Again, did they publicly announce it before Long and Bielema were fired?

There was a presser at 4

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2018, 03:32:56 pm »

There was a presser at 4

Yeah I remember that, it was rescheduled.

razorbackfaninar

• Senior
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2018, 03:41:47 pm »

I see you have already taken to task by a few folks for this statement.  I don't know what you meant exactly but the University of Arkansas is a huge driver of the economic success of the region.  https://cber.uark.edu/_resources/economic_impact_of_the_university_of_arkansas.pdf   The university funnels tons of money into the economy of Arkansas, particularly North West Arkansas

ricepig

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2018, 04:29:59 pm »

I guess a public BOT meeting in Oct 2017 would do?

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf/athletics/2017-18/dwrrs/october-2017.pdf

BigoBoys

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2018, 07:20:34 pm »

Jeff Long sucks

Jek Tono Porkins

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Defense Wins Championships
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2018, 09:40:56 am »

Ok Karl.

BirmingHam

• Senior
  • I do believe; I do, I do, I do......
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2018, 10:43:25 am »

So you're saying we should follow the Memphis model of helping the economy and residents?

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2018, 10:52:00 am »

So you're saying we should follow the Memphis model of helping the economy and residents?

Or Detroit, Chicago and other large cities where they are or will be bankrupt.

Seebs

« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2018, 01:36:13 am »

You shall always be the undigested kernel of corn atop that pile of fecal matter called Memphis. Grats.

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2018, 05:07:12 am »

Razorback games are not worth even half that amount. Amazing what people will pay today based on what the team did in the late '70's.
Were you asleep for the SEC west championships we won, and the times we got top ten since we've been in the SEC?

You might want to check and see, since you used the 70s as your measuring stick, what the win/loss record and overall record was while Hatfield was HC. Pretty darn good. How many times we win our conference with Hatfield as coach?

We have had plenty of down times in razorback football since Ken Hatfield left, but we've had some amount of success too. And our football programs success or failure shouldn't dictate how much you support our football program. Not if you were born a razorback fan. Not if it's in your heart and soul like it is with me.

You are a fair weather fan. Not a real one. If you were a real one, a lifelong one, you wouldn't be so willing to abandon the program when times are bad. Real HOG fans don't do that. We love our team no matter what.

Stu

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2018, 05:52:13 am »

It will be loud for first non-conf game. Then when reality sets in, all the old rich crowd will concentrate on drinking and eating and leaving early.
Your fixation on the rich is not healthy. You should get help.

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2018, 06:17:34 am »

Dang 1% ruin everything........

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2018, 08:24:24 am »

Razorback games are not worth even half that amount. Amazing what people will pay today based on what the team did in the late '70's.

Then don’t spend your money on tickets. Pretty simple.
Hopefully the UofA can still field a football team without your financial support.

Farmer Hogget

• Varsity
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2018, 08:41:01 am »

And you could be donating your time in service to the poor and downtrodden but you waste your time on a Razorback message board.

HoginMemphis

« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2018, 10:17:39 am »

I am rich.

HoginMemphis

« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2018, 10:20:38 am »

You shall always be the undigested kernel of corn atop that pile of fecal matter called Memphis. Grats.
This reminds me of Cheech & Chong Fifi dog skit: Hey, I like the way you use that corny texture. Also reminds me I need to change my name on Hogville since I have been out of Memphis for a little over 3 years.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2018, 10:42:00 am »

Yeah buttholeinLittleRock seems fitting.

Seebs

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2018, 10:42:11 am »

This reminds me of Cheech & Chong Fifi dog skit: Hey, I like the way you use that corny texture. Also reminds me I need to change my name on Hogville since I have been out of Memphis for a little over 3 years.

Memphis is the Hotel California. You can check out any time you want, but you will always stink.

moses_007

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bring the Wood!
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2018, 10:44:34 am »

When I saw my first Razorback game in 1959, north end zone seats in WMS were $2.20 each.  Inflation.....

HoginMemphis

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2018, 12:19:52 pm »

Yeah buttholeinLittleRock seems fitting.
Lol. I like it. Thanks.

ImHogginIt

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2018, 12:29:56 pm »

When I saw my first Razorback game in 1959, north end zone seats in WMS were $2.20 each.  Inflation.....

That would be $18.94 in 2018

Redhogs

• Time to cruise.
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2018, 12:36:02 pm »

I am rich.
Then quit acting guilty for it....unless you actually did not earn in yourself, which I strongly suspect is the case.

ricepig

« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2018, 12:36:49 pm »

That would be $18.94 in 2018

You could definitely get some end zone seats in WMS last year for FAMU for that.

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2018, 02:49:55 pm »

Is the NEZ sold out yet? LOL!

I have no doubt CCM will make it so.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2018, 06:46:49 am »

You could definitely get some end zone seats in WMS last year for FAMU for that.

....And you could get seats in RRS for that, as well.  ;)

ricepig

« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2018, 07:14:28 am »

....And you could get seats in RRS for that, as well.  ;)

But what did he pay for them in 1959?

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2018, 07:25:59 am »

Too bad Guns & Roses tix weren't that cheap.....

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2018, 08:40:07 am »

But what did he pay for them in 1959?

A South end GA ticket ran $2.00

ricepig

« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2018, 10:07:42 am »

A South end GA ticket ran $2.00

Did we have a south end in 1959?

Dark Helmet Hog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2018, 11:02:07 am »

Too bad Guns & Roses tix weren't that cheap.....

Heck yeah!

ricepig

« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2018, 11:36:35 am »

Well, if someone wants cheaper tickets, they are selling 4 lower level tickets for $100 for Eastern Illinois, and upper deck 4/$60. I think RF members can get them on Monday and the general public starting Thursday. They also have some 2pack tickets for Bama/LSU and others.

https://www.fevo.com/edp/arkansas-razorback-football-vs-eastern-illinois-6R1JJyr?referrer_hash=Xe0wbLwm
https://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FBM&linkID=arkansas&fromMobile=1

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2018, 01:48:13 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas