• 396,453 Topics
• 22,589 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Somebody has to explain why a player leaves Arkansas for DePaul.  (Read 11035 times)

JIHawg

The posts on the DePaul message boards are about firing the coach.  Everybody associated with DePaul seems to want him fired.  Here's a excerpt of one "letter to the President".

"While I cannot predict the future success of current DePaul Men's Basketball Coach Dave Leitao, I can say with certainty that his time at DePaul has been much more than a disappointment.  Hiring an assistant coach from a mid-major institution is simply unacceptable for a program in the Big East (and a program that spends immensely on athletics).  Coach Leitaoís record thus far confirms the same.  The hire illustrates the lack of creativity and the large extent to which the current administration is out of touch with students, alumni, and potential Chicago-land fans."

Their 2018 recruiting class consists of three 3 stars, from Australia, Georgia, and Wisconsin.  There's another transfer, Alujobi, from North Carolina A and T.  They seem to live off transfers and foreign players.  They haven't had a winning season in a few years.

Hello-you are located in Chicago.  Why is there not one player on your roster from there?

The Memphis interfering problem proved to be a rumor, untrue.  Hall was going to be in the game plan next year, most likely starting.  He was not run off. 

Can anybody give a rational explanation of why he will be sitting out a year at DePaul this coming year?  I know his handlers don't like Mike, but this is what they found for him?  That's some great advice there. 

IronMountainHog

• Hogvillian
  • ďI got dat woodĒ
Re: Somebody has to explain why a player leaves Arkansas for DePaul.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 11:02:08 pm »

Who cares. Dude quit on this team and his teammates, we donít need players with a me first attitude.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ZERO

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 12:53:25 am »

Who cares. Dude quit on this team and his teammates, we donít need players with a me first attitude.

It's just kind of an unusual turn of events. It's not wrong to want to chew on it a bit, especially in the offseason.

Fan701

• Varsity
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 09:40:57 am »

The strangest transfer ever.  I'm still hoping that someone someday will explain it to me.  He hurt our team, yes, but appears to have hurt himself even more.  Why?

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
    • My YOUTUBE profile & vids
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 10:01:50 am »

The strangest transfer ever.  I'm still hoping that someone someday will explain it to me.  He hurt our team, yes, but appears to have hurt himself even more.  Why?

PPV boards are saying he listened to the wrong people pumping his head up with talk of first round NBA ability. 

He also assumed that Daniel Gafford was gone at season's end.   To save face he took the best offer available.  MA was completely caught off guard with his decision to leave.

I suspect he's sick about his decision because he's even farther away from his first love (mom)

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Moderator Supremacist
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 10:13:13 am »

He burned a bridge before the next one was built.

HoopS

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 12:55:42 pm »

Such a shame. Had high hopes for him. Probably not nearly as high as what he was apparently being told though. Unbelievable.

hawginbigd1

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 01:16:42 pm »

Yes it appears so, but what was the impetus for said bridge burning? Scholastic or off field issue?

cram224

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 01:48:00 pm »

Just maybe he has dumb "Handlers".

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 03:32:11 pm »

Yes it appears so, but what was the impetus for said bridge burning? Scholastic or off field issue?

seems like the rumors are people close to him gave him very dumb and bad advice, probably for hopes of their own personal benefit or gain.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 03:35:10 pm »

YEP, Young persons lesson in life!

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
    • My YOUTUBE profile & vids
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 03:43:50 pm »

Just maybe he has dumb "Handlers".

BINGO!

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2018, 04:38:59 pm »

Besides the bad advice maybe no decent program wanted to deal with his handlers.  At some point you and your parents have to stop listening to them and use good judgement and common sense, but that is easier said then done especially when people are filling your head with pie in the sky BS.  Feel bad for the kid and hope it works out for him.

hogwood

• Hogvillian
  • Just Chillin' Like A Villain
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2018, 08:29:52 pm »

The posts on the DePaul message boards are about firing the coach.  Everybody associated with DePaul seems to want him fired.  Here's a excerpt of one "letter to the President".

"While I cannot predict the future success of current DePaul Men's Basketball Coach Dave Leitao, I can say with certainty that his time at DePaul has been much more than a disappointment.  Hiring an assistant coach from a mid-major institution is simply unacceptable for a program in the Big East (and a program that spends immensely on athletics).  Coach Leitaoís record thus far confirms the same.  The hire illustrates the lack of creativity and the large extent to which the current administration is out of touch with students, alumni, and potential Chicago-land fans."

Their 2018 recruiting class consists of three 3 stars, from Australia, Georgia, and Wisconsin.  There's another transfer, Alujobi, from North Carolina A and T.  They seem to live off transfers and foreign players.  They haven't had a winning season in a few years.

Hello-you are located in Chicago.  Why is there not one player on your roster from there?

The Memphis interfering problem proved to be a rumor, untrue.  Hall was going to be in the game plan next year, most likely starting.  He was not run off. 

Can anybody give a rational explanation of why he will be sitting out a year at DePaul this coming year?  I know his handlers don't like Mike, but this is what they found for him?  That's some great advice there.

Don't ask too many questions about Hall and Jones or you'll get this thread deleted (not by me).

PorkRinds

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2018, 08:41:13 pm »

He thought Penny was going to offer him a scholarship and he didnít.

liljo

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 09:03:14 pm »

I can't drop the thought of the timing of his decision. Gafford announced he was returning. Hog fans hardly had time to finish celebrating that decision and Hall says he's leaving. By itself, the timing indicates he wasn't happy about Daniel's return. For whatever reason.

HogBreath

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 09:16:48 pm »

MA was completely caught off guard with his decision to leave.

I can believe this part easily enough.

ballinhog

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 09:29:04 pm »

I can't drop the thought of the timing of his decision. Gafford announced he was returning. Hog fans hardly had time to finish celebrating that decision and Hall says he's leaving. By itself, the timing indicates he wasn't happy about Daniel's return. For whatever reason.

Because he doesnít care about winning he only wants to be the man. Which makes me very happy he left

liljo

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 09:39:15 pm »

Because he doesnít care about winning he only wants to be the man. Which makes me very happy he left
That's been my theory from the start.

HognitiveDissonance

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2018, 10:09:56 pm »

He thought Penny was going to offer him a scholarship and he didnít.
You may be warm with this one.

Hall to Memphis makes some sense.
Hall to DePaul makes zero sense. As in, Plan A fell through so DePaul is Plan B.

hoglady

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 10:54:16 pm »

Which is stupid.
Gafford will be drawing plenty of NBA scouts to the games - which would have given Hall lots of exposure.
Instead he'll be sitting out next year - waiting to play for DePaul the next year.
Sounds like he's got a collection of idiots advising him.

sickboy

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 01:12:35 am »

All I know is that if the rumors are true that he leans toward the Dustin Thomas mold, DePaul is the last place he should go. Heís a few blocks from some horribly bad neighborhoods that eat up young black men every day. If heís easily influenced, that ainít good.

Either way, I donít hold any Iíll will towards the kid and wish him the best. He thought that was what was best for him, then so be it. Life moves on.

cram224

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 07:14:31 am »

Maybe he like's to carry a gun and Chicago is a good place to carry a gun. Wild, wild West.

PorkRinds

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 07:36:02 am »

You may be warm with this one.

Hall to Memphis makes some sense.
Hall to DePaul makes zero sense. As in, Plan A fell through so DePaul is Plan B.

Iím thinking itís more like plan E.

Lanny

• The1
  • Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The1
    • Hogville.net
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 07:47:03 am »

"While I cannot predict the future success of current DePaul Men's Basketball Coach Dave Leitao, I can say with certainty that his time at DePaul has been much more than a disappointment.  Hiring an assistant coach from a mid-major institution is simply unacceptable for a program in the Big East (and a program that spends immensely on athletics).  Coach Leitao’s record thus far confirms the same.  The hire illustrates the lack of creativity and the large extent to which the current administration is out of touch with students, alumni, and potential Chicago-land fans."

There are several stories floating around, the story that makes the most sense is that Hall was not accepted back to Arkansas with a warm welcome, burned a few bridges as state above.  Hall didn't have many options and DePaul and UALR were out there.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 08:14:00 am »

Sad story for a talented young man.

labb

• Senior
  • lower arkansas basketball fan
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 08:43:13 am »

He did not want to be at the U of A. He moved on. Not the first, will not be the last. End of story.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2018, 08:49:33 am »

It all starts with parenting and the people in your circle. And yes I know his father passed away. Mom should have put her foot down on this one.

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2018, 10:00:36 am »

I think Ďlíll just pray he stays alive in Chi-Town.

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2018, 10:41:04 am »

DePaul is right next to Millennial Park, within walking distance of the Naval Pier and the Magnificent  Mile. A long way from the mean streets of Chicago.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 10:46:37 am »

DePaul is right next to Millennial Park, within walking distance of the Naval Pier and the Miracle Mile. A long way from the mean streets of Chicago.
Them streets are probably closer than his NBA dreams..

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2018, 10:51:13 am »

Them streets are probably closer than his NBA dreams..
Im confused by his decision as much as anyone. For those expressing concern about his situation and location, heís much better off than at UALR five bocks from Asher and University and back with his home boys.

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2018, 10:52:40 am »

DePaul is right next to Millennial Park, within walking distance of the Naval Pier and the Magnificent  Mile. A long way from the mean streets of Chicago.

Haha itís not like Chicago is the size of Texass.  You can be on the mean streets faster than I can drive to work if I still worked in Fort Smith. 

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2018, 10:54:35 am »

Im confused by his decision as much as anyone. For those expressing concern about his situation and location, heís much better off than at UALR five bocks from Asher and University and back with his home boys.

That MAY be true but still donít you think there are at least 20 other schools he could have went to that are much safer.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 10:56:14 am »

That MAY be true but still donít you think there are at least 20 other schools he could have went to that are much safer.

Guessing you have never lived in a decent sized city.

311Hog

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 10:56:53 am »

i would pick chi town over Little Rock every day of the week as well.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 11:00:07 am »

would be interesting  to know what other schools approached him.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2018, 11:03:03 am »

i would pick chi town over Little Rock every day of the week as well.

I agree, slam dunk decision for me. 

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2018, 11:09:13 am »

Guessing you have never lived in a decent sized city.
Chicago is a great city. Like any place, there are areas you should definitely avoid. Millennial Park and the Magnificent Mile are the places you want to go when youíre in Chicago. That part of Chicago is the diamond in the block of coal.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2018, 11:11:12 am »

Chicago is a great city. Like any place, there are areas you should definitely avoid. Millennial Park and the Magnificent Mile are the places you want to go when youíre in Chicago. That part of Chicago is the diamond in the block of coal.

I agree, any city of size has a few zones you just do go to. I love Chicago.

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2018, 11:12:03 am »

Haha itís not like Chicago is the size of Texass.  You can be on the mean streets faster than I can drive to work if I still worked in Fort Smith.
Iím thinking youíve never driven in Chicago 😉. Takes 30 minutes to go 3 miles then thereís no parking when you get there. Everyone walks whenever possible.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2018, 11:15:03 am »

I’m thinking you’ve never driven in Chicago . Takes 30 minutes to go 3 miles then there’s no parking when you get there. Everyone walks whenever possible.

YEP!  Driving and parking sucks in every major city.

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2018, 12:11:27 pm »

Iím thinking youíve never driven in Chicago 😉. Takes 30 minutes to go 3 miles then thereís no parking when you get there. Everyone walks whenever possible.

Your thinking wrong, and we are not talking about rush hour are we?  I have driven in every major city in the US and I know when and where traffic problem occur.   For the most part that is not at a time and place kids are getting in trouble.

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2018, 12:25:35 pm »

LOL. No, weíre not talking rush hour. Rush hour in Chicago?  When is that, since youíve driven there?

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2018, 12:27:20 pm »

Sorry to sidetrack the thread. Iím thinking Hall needed a change for whatever reason. I hate it. Lots of potential there and I was excited that he was a Hog.

rude1

• Razorback Basketball Another New Beginning....
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2018, 12:31:55 pm »

Don't know that we will ever get the complete story but has to be the most bizarre transfer from here that I have ever seen. No matter how you turn it it doesn't make sense. Unless he thought he was going to get bombarded with offers once he announced he was transferring and it didn't happen so he was left scrambling to take the best available offer.

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2018, 12:45:07 pm »

LOL. No, weíre not talking rush hour. Rush hour in Chicago?  When is that, since youíve driven there?

Unreal, I guess you think there are traffic problems at 2:00 am.  By the way, to say ďrush hourĒ does not mean a single hour.  I have driven through Chicago at just about every hour of the day and there is quite the difference in traffic. 

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2018, 12:53:17 pm »

Glad you were able to stay alive.  Thanks for your help.

SSFrazorback

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2018, 02:09:54 pm »

Glad you were able to stay alive.  Thanks for your help.
Let me guess...Fox News viewer?

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2018, 02:46:12 pm »

Satire. Read the whole thread. Someone here has been watching for sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas