• 9,880,887 Posts
• 398,149 Topics
• 22,800 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hunter Johnson 5* QB (considering Arkansas, transfer from Clemson)  (Read 14781 times)

Re: Hunter Johnson 5* QB (considering Arkansas, transfer from Clemson)
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2018, 07:40:09 pm »

So the Guy was a 5 star coming out of HS.  Only about 30 to 35 of those annually.  So the rankings folks may have messed up and he's only a top 100 recruit at best.  How many top 100 recruits do we currently have on the Squad?  I have not a clue but i'm gonna say, none.

Mr. Ricky Town:  Who on here really believes Town or a few others actually got a fair and square shot at being the starting QB for us?  Town may be horrible but that isn't provable by the great shot he got while with us.

twistitup

« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2018, 07:49:49 pm »

I know his family, good group.  Saw him play a few times when I went back home to Indianapolis.  If this is true its news to me, I'd be glad to place a call to get him here though!

Any word MHhogger? Send the dad a text...you don't need to call him - just ask him if he's an AR lock?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2018, 07:50:38 pm »

Town never got a fair shot, but truthfully he wasnt right between the ears. Probably his dad's fault in a way. He certainly hasnt lived up to his (at one time 5* ) ranking- and now it even shows him as a 3*. He is @ Pitt. He at least cant be called a true failure. The guy is still playing football and getting degrees.

He cant compare to Hunter Johnson, who was a true 5* #2 overall QB. And, there are no signs that HJ is a bust- he's just in a true logjam.

twistitup

« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2018, 07:52:17 pm »

Town never got a fair shot, but truthfully he wasnt right between the ears. Probably his dad's fault in a way. He certainly hasnt lived up to his (at one time 5* ) ranking- and now it even dhows him as a 3*. He is @ Pitt. He at least cant be called a true failure. The guy is still playing football and getting degrees.

Between the ears?

Dad's fault?

Dang....that's tough. What did his dad do to him to cause him to fail?

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2018, 08:26:13 pm »

Between the ears?

Dad's fault?

Dang....that's tough. What did his dad do to him to cause him to fail?

No idea about Towns homelife, but there was that thirty for thirty on the Marinovich.

As for him getting a fair shake while here, both Allen's were 4* players and were going to be tough for anybody to beat out. Towns probably could have beat out Storey and Kelley, but he didn't want to put in the work off the field. If you're not going to bother to learn the plays, why should the coaches bother to let you execute them?

twistitup

« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2018, 08:58:54 pm »

No idea about Towns homelife, but there was that thirty for thirty on the Marinovich.

Towns and Marinovich don't belong in the same sentence - we don't KNOW Town's dad and shouldn't talk about things we don't know.

Marinovich had a stellar college career.....and his dad was a DOCUMENTED high pressure, nutty kind of guy

Apples / Oranges

presidenthog

« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2018, 03:26:51 am »

Towns and Marinovich don't belong in the same sentence - we don't KNOW Town's dad and shouldn't talk about things we don't know.

Marinovich had a stellar college career.....and his dad was a DOCUMENTED high pressure, nutty kind of guy

Apples / Oranges

His dad put him in high dollar QB training classes since he was like 4. The kid was 100% burnt out. He just didnt love the game.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2018, 03:54:51 pm »

Heading to Northwestern.

hogginbama

« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2018, 09:58:01 am »

Would he now fall under the new transfer rule approved by the NCAA with immediate eligibility?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas