• 395,372 Topics
• 22,296 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Basketball Tournament - Team Arkansas (Razorback Alumni) $2M update  (Read 1302 times)

kkelley2012

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Here is a quick update concerning the latest news with Team Arkansas:

Arkansas TBT Roster
Ronnie Brewer, G (2003-06)
Moses Kingsley, F (2013-17)
Jabril Durham, G (2014-16)
Dusty Hannahs, G (2015-17)
Michael Qualls, F (2012-15)
Marshawn Powell, F (2009-13)
Alandise Harris, F (2013-15)
Rashad Madden, G (2011-15)
Jacorey Williams, F (2012-15)
*June 1st is when the roster locks in for good*

We, Team Arkansas, obtained eligibility from TBT just over a day ago. By gaining eligibility, now if we finish in the Top 9 in our region on June 1st in terms of supporters, we will automatically gain entrance into the event this summer.

The top 201 fans in terms of the points standings from the winning team will win a share of $200,000; top fan winning $40,000 of that, the next top 10 fans winning $5,000 each and so on. You also have a chance to win cash prizes if your team does not win the championship; you can switch your team up until the Final Four, but your points value will be cut in half (50%). If your new team wins and you're still in the top 201 places, you win!

To view the standings and see where you rank, visit here: https://www.thetournament.com/teams/team-arkansas-arkansas-alumni/fan-arena

As I create this topic, Team Arkansas has 1,449 total voters/supporters. That's good enough for 1st in the nation/region and a 846 vote/support lead over the 2nd highest team in the nation/region.

To view the national standings in terms of voters/supporters, visit here: https://www.thetournament.com/teams

The first game is scheduled to be on July 21st, 2018 in Brooklyn, NY at LIU-Brooklyn's arena. The game will be streamed on ESPN3. Following a win, we will play our 2nd round game on July 22nd before having a few days off to prepare for the 3rd round game.

The first two rounds will be streamed on ESPN3 and will both take place in Brooklyn, NY.
The 3rd and 4th round games will be on ESPN2 in Atlanta, GA.
The semifinals & championship game will be on ESPN in Baltimore, MD.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to do my best to get back to you in a timely manner!
WPS

Rockoff

• Walk-On

Any word on adding a 10th man?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

kkelley2012

• Band Nerd

Any word on adding a 10th man?

That's an ongoing process that's still being worked on to this very hour. We have until June 1st to add a 10th player if we decide to do so and it'd cost us $1,000; trying to see what's best for the team.

KenHawg2023

• Band Nerd

I thought Fortson was #10...? What did I miss?

Rockoff

• Walk-On

I thought Fortson was #10...? What did I miss?
I believe they announced last week that he has a scheduling conflict.

ballinhog

All I know is this is gonna be fun to watch.

I have a question for the board, how many will watch this team with the emotions you watch the “current” Razorbacks with?

Like will you be on the edge of your seat, mad if we lose, will it make your day if we win? Or will it just be something entertaining to watch, you’ll root for our guys but doesn’t really matter to you.

This is interesting. I think I’ll get excited, but I doubt I’ll get too upset if they lose.

Rockoff

• Walk-On

I'll be extremely excited, but the emotional investment for me won't be near as high. I hope they gel enough to make a nice run.

kkelley2012

• Band Nerd

All I know is this is gonna be fun to watch.

I have a question for the board, how many will watch this team with the emotions you watch the “current” Razorbacks with?

Like will you be on the edge of your seat, mad if we lose, will it make your day if we win? Or will it just be something entertaining to watch, you’ll root for our guys but doesn’t really matter to you.

This is interesting. I think I’ll get excited, but I doubt I’ll get too upset if they lose.

I'm sure I'll be on the (literal) edge of my seat on the bench throughout the game(s). It's going to be fun and we are all excited. This is one of the closest things this state will see to a professional team, and for this to be an all-Razorback team makes it that much more exciting! Thank you for your support! #TBTHOGS

Cinco de Hogo

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian

Will your jerseys be Cardinal red and white?  Has to be for me to root for you nearly as much as The Razorbacks! 

Go Team Arkansas!

kkelley2012

• Band Nerd

Will your jerseys be Cardinal red and white?  Has to be for me to root for you nearly as much as The Razorbacks! 

Go Team Arkansas!

Of course! All of the alumni teams choose to have the same official colors as its official collegiate program. Our official logo from TBT should be publicized by the end of May; should look identical to our current one. Then a jersey design should be released around early/mid June!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas