• 9,880,846 Posts
• 398,149 Topics
• 22,800 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down

Author Topic: News on recruiting the all-important SEC defensive linemen  (Read 77337 times)

jbcarol

Re: News on recruiting the all-important SEC defensive linemen
« Reply #1151 on: May 25, 2018, 08:23:33 pm »

Michael Carvell
‏ @Michael_Carvell
1h1 hour ago

5-star DE Zaach Pickens commits to South Carolina

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

« Reply #1153 on: June 01, 2018, 06:21:28 am »

SEC Country Arkansas
‏ @SECCountryHogs

Arkansas moves one step closer to landing top DE target  #WPS https://sec.news/2L6ZUm0

jbcarol

« Reply #1154 on: June 01, 2018, 07:15:52 am »

DawgNation
‏Verified account @DawgNation

Report: 3-star DT Tramel Walthour will enroll in junior college https://sptz.us/2J1evTI

The status of longtime Georgia signee Tramel Walthour has been all over the place the last couple of months. Back in April, it was reported that the 3-star defensive tackle would be taking a grayshirt instead of joining the rest of the 2018 class.

Now it looks like that plan has changed yet again. Walthour has signed with Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College.

jbcarol

« Reply #1155 on: June 01, 2018, 07:43:00 am »

Louisville DE prospect Shawnkel Knight-Goff has decommitted from Kentucky

Shawnkel Knight-Goff’s pledge to Kentucky didn’t last long. The 3-star defensive end prospect from Louisville announced Thursday night that he is reopening his recruitment, just 13 days after announcing his commitment to the in-state Wildcats.

“I would like to gracefully thank University Of Kentucky for their efforts in recruiting me,” Knight-Goff wrote in a tweet. “University of Kentucky is a great school. I feel as if my commitment was rushed and not fully thought through and I want to make the best decision for my future. Therefore, I plan to research my decision a little further.

“I’m going to open my recruiting process back up as I continue my search for the college that is best fit for my career and most importantly, my education. Again, thank you Kentucky for your interest.”

Knight-Goff, who attends Doss High School in Louisville, is the eighth-ranked prospect in Kentucky...

jbcarol

« Reply #1156 on: June 03, 2018, 06:38:58 am »

AL.com sports
‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

McGill-Toolen DL LeDarrius Cox remains committed to Tennessee, but recruitment 'still open'

"I'm committed to Tennessee, but my recruitment is still open," Cox said. "I'm still exploring other options and enjoying recruiting right now. I'm blessed to receive every offer I got and open to everything there is to see."

jbcarol

« Reply #1157 on: June 03, 2018, 06:43:26 am »

AL.com sports
‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

Auburn in top 2 for 4-star DE, Mississippi State commit Charles Moore

The four-star defensive end out of Louisville, Mississippi is committed to Mississippi State but Auburn is neck-and-neck for the 2019 prospect.

"I'm still committed (to MSU) right now," Moore said after visiting Auburn for Big Cat Weekend. "Even with me being committed, Auburn is right there tit-for-tat with Mississippi State right now."

Moore, the No. 91 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite, is also considering LSU, Tennessee and Georgia but his top two are ahead.

He said choosing to leave Mississippi would not be an issue if he chose to do so and his father is from Chicago and mother is from East St. Louis.

jbcarol

jbcarol

« Reply #1160 on: June 16, 2018, 04:04:31 pm »

Jamond Gordon gives a verbal to Auburn

jbcarol

« Reply #1161 on: June 24, 2018, 08:33:30 am »

Wetumpka 3-star DL Patrick Lucas cuts list to six schools including Tennessee, Vandy, State, and Ole Miss.

jbcarol

jbcarol

« Reply #1163 on: July 04, 2018, 07:16:48 am »

jbcarol

jbcarol

« Reply #1165 on: July 07, 2018, 06:29:13 am »

AR Democrat-Gazette
‏Verified account @ArkansasOnline

Son of a former Hog commits to 2019 class. Why he said Arkansas was the best option » http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/jul/06/son-of-a-former-hog-commits-to-2019-cla/ … #ArkDG

jbcarol

« Reply #1166 on: July 08, 2018, 04:32:27 pm »

5-star DT Travon Walker defines how soon he could make his decision

Walker, who rates as the nation’s No. 2 DT prospect for the class of 2019 on the 247Sports composite, is one of the biggest remaining targets for UGA in 2019.

Recruiting fans will scan as much as they can about Walker and hope to learn when the nation’s No. 28 overall prospect might make his choice.

It bears repeating that the only definition of soon that matters is the one Walker adheres to.

Will it be by August 1? “I don’t see it,” Walker said.

September 1?  “Somewhere around 50 percent. Maybe not that. I don’t know if it is that much because I really don’t want to rush it,” he said.

Maybe October 15? “Nothing later than midseason of my senior year,” Walker said. “That’s if I am feeling it. If I am not feeling it by then, then I won’t do it then."

Has he felt it yet? Walker said that he did at one point. Maybe. That was at the beginning of his recruitment.

“I was really close that first time I went to Clemson,” Walker said.

jbcarol

« Reply #1168 on: July 10, 2018, 06:06:43 am »

Defensive end signee Kayode Oladele confirmed he won't be enrolling at Auburn.

A 4-star prospect, Oladele did not play his senior season at Champagnat Catholic due to eligibility problems with his visa.

Auburn has two other signees, Arryn Siposs and Coynis Miller, who still have yet to arrive on campus.

The loss of Oladele puts Auburn at 84 projected scholarship players for 2018.

jbcarol

« Reply #1169 on: July 24, 2018, 08:00:18 pm »

IMG DE Eric Gregory gave a verbal to Arkansas

jbcarol

jbcarol

« Reply #1171 on: July 28, 2018, 03:30:24 pm »

Arkansas is now up to 14 verbal commitments for the Class of 2019. It doesn't take but one look at the list to know that Chad Morris and his staff are hitting the defensive line extremely hard.

The Razorbacks held their Woo Pig Nic cookout on Friday night. Already three prospects have chosen to go with the Razorbacks bring the commitment total to 14.

Inside the state, Warren defensive tackle Marcus Millier (6-5, 300) has committed to the Hogs. From Texas, Richmond Fort Bend Travis outside linebacker Zach Zimos (6-4, 215) and Fflugerville Hendrickson safety Myles Brooks (6-2, 190) bring Arkansas' commitment list to 14.

Zimos tweeted the following about his commitment, "Thank you to all my past and current coaches and to all of the universities that have taken the time to recruit me. This decision comes down to what is best for my family and I as this is a long-term decision. I am excited to call the Hogs and announce my commitment to the University of Arkansas. Woo Pig! Go Razorbacks!!!"

As a junior in 2017, Zimos finished with 58 tackles, four tackles for loss, one sack, three pass breakups, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and a pair of interceptions.

Brooks also took to Twitter to announce his decision.

"First I would like to thank God for allowing me to be where I am today and I want to thank my parents for taking this journey with me. Thanks to all the coaches that recruited me and offered me an opportunity to play at their schools. Today God put it on my heart to become a Razorback. UA Razorbacks here I come. #Committed."

Miller is teammates of standout wide receiver Treylon Burks. He is also Rison cornerback Malik Chavis' cousin. Chavis committed to Arkansas on March 10.

Zimos was committed to California but opted to decommit on May 20. Brooks was committed to Baylor, but withdrew that pledge on June 19.

Arkansas will get word from Mansfield (Texas) Legacy defensive tackle Enoch Jackson on Sunday, June 5 at 3 p.m. He will choose from the Hogs, Clemson and Texas Tech.

Here's a look at Arkansas' Class of 2019 by position as it stands right now.

KJ Jefferson, QB, 6-3, 211, Sardis (Miss.) North Panola

Shamar Nash, WR, 6-0 1/2, 195, Brandenton (Fla.) IMG Academy

TQ Jackson, WR, 6-2, 188, Jefferson (Texas)

Beaux Limmer, OL, 6-5, 270, Tyler (Texas) Robert E. Lee

Joseph Stone, OL, 6-8, 354, Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville

Zach Williams, DE, 6-4, 225, Little Rock Joe T. Robinson

Mataio Soli, DE, 6-4, 225, Douglasville (Ga.) Douglas County

Eric Gregory, DE, 6-4, 240, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy

Collin Clay, DE, 6-4, 261, Putnam City (Okla.)

Marcus Miller, DT, 6-5, 300, Warren

Carl Williams, DT, 6-4,310, Lufkin (Texas)

Zach Zimos, LB, 6-4, 215, Richmond (Texas) Fort Bend Travis

Malik Chavis, CB-ATH, 6-2, 175, Rison

Myles Brooks, S, 6-2, 190, Pflugerville (Texas) Hendrickson

jbcarol

« Reply #1172 on: August 01, 2018, 06:00:28 am »

Charlotte 4-star '20 DE Kedrick Bingley-Jones gave a verbal to Gators.

jbcarol

« Reply #1173 on: August 12, 2018, 03:45:38 pm »

'20 3-star Griffin DT Damarjhe Lewis has given a verbal to Auburn.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/08/auburn_lands_commitment_from_2.html

jbcarol

« Reply #1174 on: August 17, 2018, 06:12:05 am »

2 3-star defensive linemen committed to Georgia and Auburn yesterday.

Tymon Mitchell to UG and Colby Wooden to AU.

jbcarol

« Reply #1175 on: August 31, 2018, 04:27:15 pm »

Auburn loses commitment from 2020 4-star defensive end Andy Boykin

Boykin

Four-star defensive end Andy Boykin, who was the first 2020 player to commit to the Tigers, announced he was reopening his recruitment.

"After careful consideration, and discussions with my family and coaches, I have decided to re-open my recruiting process," Boykin wrote in a message posted via Twitter. "At this time, I feel that I need to step back and make sure that my choice of schools is the right fit for me. Currently, I am focused on my classwork and the current season that my Troup High Tigers are playing. I realize there will be plenty of time ahead to determine what college is the best fit for me to continue my football career. For the foreseeable future , I will not be granting interview requests. You may contact my high school coaches for any information regarding my recruitment."

Boykin visited Auburn several times last season...

jbcarol

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas