• 10,015,883 Posts
• 401,470 Topics
• 22,977 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post KB Sweepstakes View  (Read 4467 times)

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
Re: Post KB Sweepstakes View
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2018, 08:23:38 pm »

While I agree to an extent with the notion that this offense uses a lot of short and quick passing routes, I still believe that you need a QB with a good arm.  Having a legitimate deep threat WR or two and a QB with the arm to get it to them opens up the RPO for the run game and mid-range passing game.  You have to make the defense respect all 3 zones.  Otherwise, you will see more men in the box and more aggressive pash rush.  Quick passes donít do you any good if the WRs canít get separation before the QB is pressured or sacked.  At least, thatís my take on it.

I have to admit that there were times that I was impressed with Noland and especially with the flight of the ball he throws when he has protection. He throws a much better ball than Storey. My main concern with him is his spending vital and important developmental time in the spring away from the football program while working with the baseball team. I think that he could work out to be a really productive QB for the Hogs.

We are going to have at least two TE's that provide a strong underneath threat in the passing game and I'll be shocked if we don't have a couple of WR's that provide deep threats on any play. Question is, how much developed depth will be behind them.

And when it comes to the WR's the other concern I have is having guys who are willing to stick their heads in there to make and sustain the key blocks needed to make certain plays (like a quick WR screen) a success of 5 or more yards the vast majority of the time and be willing to hustle to throw blocks downfield. Jury is still out on this but it can happen with practice and possessing the right mental attitude that WANTS to make those blocks for the team.

I'm not that worried about RB. I think we will be fine there but I am disappointed that they allowed Maleek Williams to get away. I thought he was going to wind up being an absolute terror in this offense.

There is a lot of house cleaning (in terms of attitudes) that is going on right now and I suspect that we will see even more "coordinated effort" than we saw last season. We will see improvement.

How that all comes together, how quickly it comes together and how much synergy can be developed between now and next fall remains to be seen, but I do believe that despite our losses, we will be imporved. JMO

PorkFromOrk

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2018, 08:42:12 pm »

I have to admit that there were times that I was impressed with Noland and especially with the flight of the ball he throws when he has protection. He throws a much better ball than Storey. My main concern with him is his spending vital and important developmental time in the spring away from the football program while working with the baseball team. I think that he could work out to be a really productive QB for the Hogs.

We are going to have at least two TE's that provide a strong underneath threat in the passing game and I'll be shocked if we don't have a couple of WR's that provide deep threats on any play. Question is, how much developed depth will be behind them.

And when it comes to the WR's the other concern I have is having guys who are willing to stick their heads in there to make and sustain the key blocks needed to make certain plays (like a quick WR screen) a success of 5 or more yards the vast majority of the time and be willing to hustle to throw blocks downfield. Jury is still out on this but it can happen with practice and possessing the right mental attitude that WANTS to make those blocks for the team.

I'm not that worried about RB. I think we will be fine there but I am disappointed that they allowed Maleek Williams to get away. I thought he was going to wind up being an absolute terror in this offense.

There is a lot of house cleaning (in terms of attitudes) that is going on right now and I suspect that we will see even more "coordinated effort" than we saw last season. We will see improvement.

How that all comes together, how quickly it comes together and how much synergy can be developed between now and next fall remains to be seen, but I do believe that despite our losses, we will be imporved. JMO

Great post.  And I agree, I think Noland probably has all the tools needed to be effective in this offense.  Excellent point on WR blocking.  We were sorely missing the the last couple of seasons.  Hatcher and Morgan were great at that.  I too think we will see improvement next season. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2018, 09:24:38 pm »

Only thing I know for sure is if I wanted to be the Hog QB in 19, I would work my ass off this Summer assuring I was ready.  Storey's arm may be weak due to inaction for 3 years.  Noland likely needs to do what any Freshman needs to do, get better so work on it.  If you can put a baseball where you want it to be, then many of the same thought processes are used to throw a football even though the balls are thrown different.  Also, if you can handle a baseball, you are likely a pretty good coach of yourself as it pertains to throwing anything like rocks,  darts or glass bottles at mail boxes going 70 MPH down the road in an auto.

Football stopped being a late summer, Fall and early winter sport years ago.  The Guys coming after you work year round on doing just that. The first thing we have to do is become a team and not 85 individuals throwing together on Saturdays in the Fall and having a little sandlot get-together.

wachhog

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2018, 10:43:05 pm »

The situation wasnít any different after that game than it was before.  The groundwork was already set at that point.  If you want to argue that his handling of the situation at least partially contributed to the results on the field then you might have a point.  Since I donít know the details of the goings on behind the green curtain I can only speculate.  But the situation was laid in stone the minute he was hired.  It was a full regime change from AD on down except for Lunney, and an offensive system and defensive philosophy that are polar opposites of what most of these young men were used to for the last several years or more.
This.  ^^^
I HATED the Bielema hire from the day it was announced. But the kids he recruited should not be blamed for buying what he was selling, even though it made it very hardóif even possible- for them to make the transition to Morrisí kind of game. It was just a very bad situation they and we found ourselves in and it will take several years at least to fix

PorkFromOrk

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2018, 10:47:14 pm »

I don't care.  All I care about are Ws and Ls right now.

Related news; Paul Finebaum is insinuating something "fishy" about Mizzou and Bryant, but he's "been instructed that he can't talk about it".

Interesting.

Did you see that on the Finebaum show or somewhere else?  I had not heard this.

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2018, 10:48:11 pm »

I'd tell you to pick up Spencer Ware, but it's already too late...you might be able to pick up Charcandrick or Jaylen Samuels though ;)

Josh Adams of Philly is available in a lot of leagues, too. He's no Hunt, but he is clearly the #1 back there, not that much of a timeshare. Not too many of those still on the waiver wire..

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2018, 11:12:19 pm »

Only thing I know for sure is if I wanted to be the Hog QB in 19, I would work my ass off this Summer assuring I was ready.  Storey's arm may be weak due to inaction for 3 years.  Noland likely needs to do what any Freshman needs to do, get better so work on it.  If you can put a baseball where you want it to be, then many of the same thought processes are used to throw a football even though the balls are thrown different.  Also, if you can handle a baseball, you are likely a pretty good coach of yourself as it pertains to throwing anything like rocks,  darts or glass bottles at mail boxes going 70 MPH down the road in an auto.

Football stopped being a late summer, Fall and early winter sport years ago.  The Guys coming after you work year round on doing just that. The first thing we have to do is become a team and not 85 individuals throwing together on Saturdays in the Fall and having a little sandlot get-together.

The ball seems to come out of Noland's hand clean and smooth. Rick Neuheisel, I think it was on the telecast, played QB at UCLA in the 70s and said watching Noland practice, the "ball jumped out of his hand" is the way he put it.

The only thing I worry about with him is the little round ball and how much time away from football he has to spend. IMO, it's not just arm strength with Ty, it's ball placement also.

He had a TD vs LSU with man to man coverage if he had thrown closer to the middle of the field on a post. The ball was way over near the numbers for some reason and was picked.

I realize there were some pass pro issues, but other times he had time, hesitated and held the ball too long. Anything much over 3 seconds by the O Line and the ball needs to be out.

I recall one play where there was an obvious CB blitz coming from his right with Boyd lined up on his left and he didn't shift him to the right to pick it up. He needs to be able to make that read.

It's possible he did and Boyd missed it, but that kind of thing happened way too much. The O Line did their job and we still got sacked because the defense brought more rushers than we had blockers. Backs have to be able to pass protect at times also, not just the line..

hawginbigd1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2018, 11:59:32 pm »

The WRs are just as important as everything else IMO
They are important but nowhere close to the QB, and once we get even just decent QB play the WRS are suddenly going to have improved immediately.

hawginbigd1

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2018, 12:07:43 am »

The ball seems to come out of Noland's hand clean and smooth. Rick Neuheisel, I think it was on the telecast, played QB at UCLA in the 70s and said watching Noland practice, the "ball jumped out of his hand" is the way he put it.

The only thing I worry about with him is the little round ball and how much time away from football he has to spend. IMO, it's not just arm strength with Ty, it's ball placement also.

He had a TD vs LSU with man to man coverage if he had thrown closer to the middle of the field on a post. The ball was way over near the numbers for some reason and was picked.

I realize there were some pass pro issues, but other times he had time, hesitated and held the ball too long. Anything much over 3 seconds by the O Line and the ball needs to be out.

I recall one play where there was an obvious CB blitz coming from his right with Boyd lined up on his left and he didn't shift him to the right to pick it up. He needs to be able to make that read.

It's possible he did and Boyd missed it, but that kind of thing happened way too much. The O Line did their job and we still got sacked because the defense brought more rushers than we had blockers. Backs have to be able to pass protect at times also, not just the line..
One of the best posts I have seen on the topic. CB blitz is always the QB responsibility, check to hot routes, move the back as you said, slide protection, or throw ball away. As i have said, RS Freshman Cole Kelley was immediately made the starter when AA went down and there is a reason, he was the next best option. Nothing has changed there.

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2018, 06:33:19 am »

I think it is also a bit of a paradox.  Faster, deep threat WRs and crisper short routes to create separation would have taken a little pressure off the O line.  Definitely need improvement on the O line but need playmakers at WR too.  Good news is a little bit of improvement either with talent or execution in both of these groups will likely translate to even greater improvement in team results.  In other words, I donít think we need to have all-SEC linemen, QB and WR play this year to see 3-4 more wins.  Just need enough improvement in each so the offense can hold the ball and have sustained scoring drives more often than not.  Put more points on the board and give the D some rest.  Hopefully this happens early and we start seeing more butts in seats in the stands, which will help with recruiting.  Everything is connected and everything matters if this program is going to get turned around.

Yepper

porkbellys

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2018, 07:29:15 am »

Hes not coming here so why have his picture plastered all over site still.

old news.

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2018, 08:05:54 am »

Did you see that on the Finebaum show or somewhere else?  I had not heard this.

Yes, it was on an interview he was doing yesterday.  He started it out by commenting how he "dragged some schools along", Auburn and Arkansas... and that led into him suggesting that he knew of some not so clean finagling going on.

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2018, 09:40:35 am »

The situation wasnít any different after that game than it was before.  The groundwork was already set at that point.  If you want to argue that his handling of the situation at least partially contributed to the results on the field then you might have a point.  Since I donít know the details of the goings on behind the green curtain I can only speculate.  But the situation was laid in stone the minute he was hired.  It was a full regime change from AD on down except for Lunney, and an offensive system and defensive philosophy that are polar opposites of what most of these young men were used to for the last several years or more.
I'm not sure that's true.  Everybody watching saw us gashing CSU at 6+ yards a carry and knew if we kept that up we would win the game.  That loss was a kick square in the nuts.  That coupled with the indecision at QB from spring practice onward are squarely on the coaches.

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2018, 09:50:21 am »

Yes, it was on an interview he was doing yesterday.  He started it out by commenting how he "dragged some schools along", Auburn and Arkansas... and that led into him suggesting that he knew of some not so clean finagling going on.
I think it had to do with networks.  He was talking about KB on ESPN earlier that day but when he went to the SEC Network, for some weird reason, he wasn't allowed to talk about it.  Strange. 

But, if you think Mizzou had a bag man.  I assure you that was not the case.  We cannot afford the bag itself let alone the $$.  :)

hawg IQ

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2018, 10:04:10 am »

I think it had to do with networks.  He was talking about KB on ESPN earlier that day but when he went to the SEC Network, for some weird reason, he wasn't allowed to talk about it.  Strange. 

But, if you think Mizzou had a bag man.  I assure you that was not the case.  We cannot afford the bag itself let alone the $$.  :)
iíll Just say something stinky here. Has anyone seen their stadium.. huh and why ? Ok hogs are low ball now, but is mizzou better really ? Any way I say he donít want to be here fine by me.  Something up there has never been up and up and we all know it.

Hogmatic

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2018, 11:43:33 am »

Storey or Noland will be better this season because of experience alone.

I think Noland is the better QB as far as potential- better lateral quickness, better speed, able to run more of the RPO, quicker decision making, and better arm. 

Is the experience going to improve Tyís decision making and will it improve his pre-snap and post snap reads? 

The quick passing game doesn't need a cannon arm because of the short throws.  Storey was quite serviceable against A&M, Bama and OM before the TE/RB quick passing game was taken away. 

If we get 1 of the JUCO OT recruits this weekend then we could be much better on offense.  Most of our protection issues were at both tackles.   Better protection means less reliance on the quick passing game thus allowing more down field shots.   Gatlin appears to be a real stud at one of the Tackles.  I hear that Capps was really coming into his own in the playbook the last month.  Capps looked impressive on some snaps in the games he played when he blocked the right guy.  He is a man.  Clenin is more than capable of holding down the other guard spot.  Clary has to improve or Robinson could take his spot.

I am counting on at least 2 of the new WRs plus Koilan Jackson helping this year's FR WR Woods.  Stewart and Warren were the few WRs that tried yet they were the smallest, so I hope to find a spot for them.

We have 2 stud SEC level RBs that will have better run lanes and be involved in the quick passing game again.  Boyd and Whaley excelled during that 3 game stretch against great to solid competition at A&M, Bama, and OM.

PorkFromOrk

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2018, 01:35:45 pm »

I'm not sure that's true.  Everybody watching saw us gashing CSU at 6+ yards a carry and knew if we kept that up we would win the game.  That loss was a kick square in the nuts.  That coupled with the indecision at QB from spring practice onward are squarely on the coaches.

I cannot and will not refute any of what you just said.  That was certainly a debacle.  But, think about this...was that the first time the bulk of these players got kicked in the teeth after having a lead over the last few seasons?  I donít see how we can discount the player psyche aspect of that.

IMO that goes right back to my statement about the situation remaining the same.  This team has given up a lead and lost or gotten punched in the mouth early and blown out so many times that Iím not sure it is logical to have expected anything different when it happened in Morrisí second game as Head Hog.  The foundation was already built and there simply was not enough time to reprogram that mentality.  And Iím not saying that to bash the players or exonerate Morris.  Iím just saying it is a significant data point to consider.

Edit:
Iíll add to that a bit before people say ďhow about 8 games in?Ē  I think this is where you are absolutely correct.  That game started a downward spiral that was made worse by the close losses to A&M and Ole Miss.  Mentally a lot of these young men just couldnít recover.

Hogmatic

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2018, 08:02:53 am »

I cannot and will not refute any of what you just said.  That was certainly a debacle.  But, think about this...was that the first time the bulk of these players got kicked in the teeth after having a lead over the last few seasons?  I donít see how we can discount the player psyche aspect of that.

IMO that goes right back to my statement about the situation remaining the same.  This team has given up a lead and lost or gotten punched in the mouth early and blown out so many times that Iím not sure it is logical to have expected anything different when it happened in Morrisí second game as Head Hog.  The foundation was already built and there simply was not enough time to reprogram that mentality.  And Iím not saying that to bash the players or exonerate Morris.  Iím just saying it is a significant data point to consider.

Edit:
Iíll add to that a bit before people say ďhow about 8 games in?Ē  I think this is where you are absolutely correct.  That game started a downward spiral that was made worse by the close losses to A&M and Ole Miss.  Mentally a lot of these young men just couldnít recover.

Those Bielema players are part of the failure that started in 2016 with these 2nd half points allowed:
LSU 17
Mizzou 21
TCU 28
aTm 28
MSU 28
Auburn 28
VT 35

This group of SRs and even some of the JRs are comfortable with giving up at the first sight of adversity in 2016 and it carried over into a 4-8 2017 season that got BB fired.  They performed the same way THIS season. 

The QB issue was exacerbated by lack of buy-in by some players about tough practices and being held ACCOUNTABLE.  The QB issue was driven by some players that thought Cole Kelley was the next Big Ben.  The WRs Bomb Squad created a lot of dissension by fighting for Steamboat Kelley.  Steamboat had become a cult hero in the locker room and coffee shops so the fan base freaked out when Steamboat was benched for Storey in the 2nd game.  Ty was not good when he started the 2nd game so the locker room was not good with the Bomb squad toxicity.   We had 3 WRs that only wanted to run the post or corner routes and didn't want to learn the keys and reads for short and mid-level passes.   1 of those 3 transferred.  Those short level passes were critical to a quick passing game but they didn't want to run come backs, slants and crossing patterns. The quick passing game consisted of only the TE and RB because the WRs didn't accept the change.  The bomb squad didn't even try to help when OM showed everyone how to shut us down by taking away the TE and RB and making us win with the WRs.  By the back end of the season, the most active WRs were Stewart, Warren and Tyson Morris (walk-on).    Have you ever noticed who CK threw a long pass to the moment he came into a game?   

Cole Kelley never accepted coaching from Enos or Craddock about risky decisions and throwing into double and triple coverage which showed up numerous times in his career. Everything changed after CK threw 4 Ints to UNT and showed his lack of talent so that we could switch to TS without question.   If you don't believe that the locker room campaign is real; then why do you think CCM left CK in the game after the 2nd interception?   Nobody knows for sure about the duration of CK's snaps against UNT but some in the know have a strong gut feel.

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2018, 08:39:23 am »

This may have already been posted here, but I havenít seen it. KB was suppose to meet the a member of the coaching staff on Monday, the day before his announcement. Staff member flew out there to meet with KB but KB was a no show. And Iíve heard multiple people that have talked to KB mention a lack of leadership/maturity that you would expect from a college senior. We already had a problem this season with players attitude, we donít need to add to it. I think we dodged a bullet.

PorkFromOrk

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2018, 08:55:24 am »

This may have already been posted here, but I havenít seen it. KB was suppose to meet the a member of the coaching staff on Monday, the day before his announcement. Staff member flew out there to meet with KB but KB was a no show. And Iíve heard multiple people that have talked to KB mention a lack of leadership/maturity that you would expect from a college senior. We already had a problem this season with players attitude, we donít need to add to it. I think we dodged a bullet.

I had not heard this.  Surprising this hasnít been talked about more if true.  The main reason I was on board with KB was the idea that bringing in a mature leader that knew what right looks like on a winning program would pay dividends off the field and in practice.  If this account is true, then I would agree that we dodged a bullet.

gawntrail

• Senior
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2018, 01:51:27 pm »

Yeah.  If a guy is not mature enough to keep his appointments we don't need him.  We went to him and he was a no-show..... bad character trait.  A strong coach, staff, and program can work with young men who are not used to discipline or organization.  But, you can't do much with character issues.  Character is like Speed/Quickness.... you either have it or you don't.

Hogmatic

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2018, 02:12:56 pm »

I had not heard this.  Surprising this hasnít been talked about more if true.  The main reason I was on board with KB was the idea that bringing in a mature leader that knew what right looks like on a winning program would pay dividends off the field and in practice.  If this account is true, then I would agree that we dodged a bullet.

We needed a KB talent but it didn't work out.    AU sure seems pissed that he chose Mizzou.  Did he have an agreement with AU and back out?  He met with Malzahn before his decision which seems fishy especially if he stood up the man he respects so much. AU is in a pickle with Stidham leaving and KB not showing up.  Did Stidham get a signal to move on because they were sure KB was coming?    Nance could have poisoned the water for all we know.

The reality is that we have to move on and wish the kid luck except when they play us.   

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2018, 03:51:32 pm »

We needed a KB talent but it didn't work out.    AU sure seems pissed that he chose Mizzou.  Did he have an agreement with AU and back out?  He met with Malzahn before his decision which seems fishy especially if he stood up the man he respects so much. AU is in a pickle with Stidham leaving and KB not showing up.  Did Stidham get a signal to move on because they were sure KB was coming?    Nance could have poisoned the water for all we know.

The reality is that we have to move on and wish the kid luck except when they play us.   
KB told Mizzou coaches in their home visit that Monday he was going to Mizzou. This was before the in home with Arkansas and Auburn. 

Hogmatic

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2018, 09:55:44 am »

KB told Mizzou coaches in their home visit that Monday he was going to Mizzou. This was before the in home with Arkansas and Auburn.

Well I would have liked to have KB but man AU is enraged right now.....and I like it.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2018, 11:11:24 am »

To my untrained eye it looked like Noland had a little more zip on the ball than Storey.  When you consider the tight windows they're having to throw into, I think that becomes even more important.  There's just very little margin for error in the SEC, with a good OL, much less a bad one.

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2018, 10:20:06 am »

You folks got a hell of a player.

Congrats

PORKULATOR

• knows how to 'dunk the crumpets'
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2018, 04:45:49 pm »

Who?

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2018, 05:29:44 pm »

Is there a Razorback fan that posts constantly on the Missouri Message Board?

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2018, 08:16:18 am »

Youíre still sour I see.

Let it go man.

Hogmatic

« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2018, 09:34:45 am »

To my untrained eye it looked like Noland had a little more zip on the ball than Storey.  When you consider the tight windows they're having to throw into, I think that becomes even more important.  There's just very little margin for error in the SEC, with a good OL, much less a bad one.

Connor Noland or even Storey will look much better with the new Oline now that we got the stud JUCO OTs and have the best WR class in the nation coming.    The JUCO OTs opened up the potential of the WRs and our QBs.   The better protection means we won't be as reliant on the Quick Passing game and can integrate the longer vertical patterns for WRs.   

I have cautious optimism tied to what I saw of this team against A&M, BAMA and OM; and the new talent fills some serious holes that will enable the same quick passing game that was the reason for the 3 game stretch.  WRs Nash, Burks, TQ, and Knox will join current WR Woods to make the quick passing offense stable with all threats at all 3 receiving groups.   O'Grady, Gunter and freshman Henry will solidify the TE segment. 

I think the better offense will reduce the drastic number of times we turned the ball over and put the defense in terrible spots on our side of the field and forced them to play more snaps with less rest.  How much will that improve the defense alone?  I'm not sure what to expect of our Def until I hear what Agim, Pulley and Curl decide to do.

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2018, 11:06:47 am »

Don't know, rarely go there.

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2018, 11:45:06 am »

Trey Biddy briefly mentioned that Bryant no showed a scheduled meeting with Arkansas after the coaches had flown to see him. If that's true frick that guy. How hard is is to pick up the phone and talk to the coach you supposedly have such a great relationship with and tell him thanks but no thanks. And if he told Missouri he had already decided before his in home visits with Auburn and Arkansas than that's pretty terrible as well. Why waste everyone's time if you've already made up your mind. If he is still playing by the time Missouri make it to Little Rock I hope he has a long, cold day. Don't want to see any hugs and smiles. Make him have the longest day of his career.

LRHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This too shall pass
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2018, 11:47:20 am »

Take it easy on Mizzouman. This board is infinitely better than anything other SEC schools have. I'd be here too.

OkieBack

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2018, 12:48:47 pm »

Conner is a QB no doubt. I saw good things from him this year. Both he and Ty were scrambling for their lives with slow wr's to throw to. CCM has addressed that in recruiting.

PS. KB lost his job to a true freshman. Think about that for a second.

As long as the O-Line can protect adequately the new speed at WR will help some and give our QB new targets that weren't there in 2018. 

mjsphd

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2018, 01:25:10 pm »

Trey Biddy briefly mentioned that Bryant no showed a scheduled meeting with Arkansas after the coaches had flown to see him. If that's true frick that guy. How hard is is to pick up the phone and talk to the coach you supposedly have such a great relationship with and tell him thanks but no thanks. And if he told Missouri he had already decided before his in home visits with Auburn and Arkansas than that's pretty terrible as well. Why waste everyone's time if you've already made up your mind. If he is still playing by the time Missouri make it to Little Rock I hope he has a long, cold day. Don't want to see any hugs and smiles. Make him have the longest day of his career.

Wasn't it reported that the Arkansas coaches had a "great" in-home visit with Kelly?  Now we hear he didn't even let them in?  it's hard to believe much of anything when it comes to recruiting.

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2018, 01:46:09 pm »

Wasn't it reported that the Arkansas coaches had a "great" in-home visit with Kelly?  Now we hear he didn't even let them in?  it's hard to believe much of anything when it comes to recruiting.

I thought Morris, or the school claimed he had an in house visit the Thursday prior to the Monday announcement?

Who lied about this?

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2018, 01:51:01 pm »

Exactly.  And we were supposed to believe that Kelly Bryant was telling any of these guys anything.

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2018, 02:29:27 pm »

The way Biddy explained it was he no showed a scheduled meeting that was going to be a last second pitch by Arkansas. That's why I don't understand why the guy couldn't have called up Coach Morris and said there is no need you guys flying out here again, I heard all I needed to hear. If you have a meeting scheduled you either show up or show some common freaking courtesy and let someone know you are no longer interested. If that's how he treats a guy he has such great respect and admiration for I'd hate to see his attitude with someone he didn't like.

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2018, 02:43:22 pm »

KB is a good QB.  But, I don't think he will meet the expectations of some.  He's better than what's coming back, but we will just have to wait and see what he can do.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas